Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[SYD] Utopia @ Sydney Showgrounds 30/06/07 REVIEWS

Aishas Star

Bluelighter
Utopia 2007 - 30/06/07

Throughout the years there has been one music festival that has stood the test of time, an infamous event that put Australia on the global hard dance map. The Powerhouse extravaganza that started it all...UTOPIA, is turning twelve! Powerhouse Productions wishes to cordially invite you to our outrageous birthday bash!

As Utopia is now an annual event, we’ve taken steps to ensure that this will be our largest and most extreme party to date! With all cannons firing we are going ALL OUT to bring you a cracker of a party! We are upping the game in terms of production, line-up, props, and decor to prepare a thrilling visual and aural explosion that will have you howling in ecstasy!

This time round our International guests are taking over! With the biggest line-up ever we have carefully chosen TWELVE of the greatest maestros from around the globe to celebrate each fantastic year of our UTOPIAN existence!

So put your party hats on as we journey into a diverse musical universe, a perfect symphony of the ultimate in party technology - it’s our birthday so come celebrate with us, its going to be one hell of an amazing event!

ÜBERDRUCK (DE) www.djthecrow.de
Best known for dark, hard and energetic tracks like ‘Drugface’, ‘Bloody Slut’& ‘Fill Me’-

the Überdruck name has appeared on numerous compilations worldwide, and the ‘Überdruck’ Label has become one of the biggest selling hardtrance / hardstyle

enterprises in Germany. Also known for super hard remixes and alias projects with names such as The Crow, Drugface, C4, Toolboy, Schalldruck and Lazard; Dj Crow of Überdruck is ready to take control over Sydney once again. Be prepared as the Überdruck storm sets it’s eye on Sydney dancefloor devastation!

ALPHAZONE (DE) www.skywarp.de

The German dynamic duo are internationally famed for their tracks such as’Flashback’, ‘Stay’ and ‘Revelation’, as well as remixing the likes of Ian Van Dahl, DJ Kim

and BK. Looking for fresh ways to captivate a crowd, Alphazone have fused slammin’ kicks, breakneck rhythms and razor-sharp acid lines with uplifting melodies, and dramatic breakdowns to blaze their own trail of high energy trance. After successful Australian club tours, Arne and Alexander return with another hard trance assault at the showground warehouses!

BROOKLYN BOUNCE (DE) www.brooklynbounce.com

This year Brooklyn Bounce celebrates its 10 year anniversary! DJ Dennis ’Bonebreaker’ is the multi-talented producer behind Germany’s favourite dance icon, who have sold over two million Gold and Platinum singles since 1996! Dennis also runs the notorious label ‘Mental Madness Records’ and celebrates chart success all over the world with artists like Special D, Dickheadz & Arcadipane. Get ready to bounce to BB’s huge anthems such as “Bass, Beats and Melody”, “Club Bizarre” and “Loud and Proud”.

SLIDEOUT (DE) www.slideout.de
One of the leading forces behind the modern Hard Trance / Hardstyle scene, Slideout

smashes events like Q-Dance, X-Qlusive, Rave the Place and Airbeat One. Also known for being one half of the popular LaCargo project, Slideout’ s energetic forward thinking style has led to a myriad of releases on major labels such as Deep Mission and Wicked Tunes. With massive new remixes such as Technoboy’s, ‘Into Deep’ on Aqualoop Records, Utopia is proud to present one of Germany’s Finest!

MATT DAREY (UK) www.mattdarey.com

Matt’s productions have influenced many of today’s elite DJs like Oakenfold, Tiesto, &

Armin. Since 1998 he has sold over 2 million singles & albums and is the man behind

pinnacle tracks like Lost Tribe ‘Gamemaster’, ATB – ‘Till I Come’, Binary Finary – ‘1998’ & Grace – ‘Not Over Yet’. Today he runs the Darey Products Label and continues to push the sounds of trance music into new areas with his rock influenced productions. This Chameleon of sound continues to tour the world with his own unique blend of beautiful trance.

ALEK SZAHALA (FIN) www.finrg.com

Finnish freeform is in the house! Alek Száhala fell in love with music production as soon as he got his first sound card in 1993. One of Finland’s best kept secrets until he exploded on the global scene in 2003 with harddance anthems like ‘Superstition’, ‘Man Eaten’ and ‘Tlaloc’, he’s established himself as one of the key players in the FiNRG movement taking it to the world. Describing his style as ‘hyper-energetic’, his super-charged sound spans melodic trance and trancecore to dark, soaring hard-NRG.

TALLA 2XLC (DE) www.talla2xlc.com

With his music played by the likes of Paul van Dyk and Tiesto it is not hard to see why Talla is one of Germany’s legendary artists! Owner of the notorious TECHNOCLUB, Talla is renowned worldwide for his unique blend of soaring vocals, cutting edge electronica, spine-tingling breakdowns and euphoric melodies. Travelling the globe, he has recently played the huge Dutch super rave “Trance Energy”, Canada’s legendary “Guvernment”, & in Sao Paolo (Brazil) he jammed in front of 7500 people! Talla 2XLC is now ready to rock Sydney!

ANGERFIST (NL) www.mohbookings.com/angerfist

With the Evil Hardcore sound and a massive legion of followers worldwide - Angerfist is one of the leading HARDCORE names in the scene today. When Danny Masseling bangs out his wicked dark beats, it is not unusual to see him in a ‘Friday the 13th’ styled hockey-mask and a hooded sweater - this instantly creates a surreal buzz wherever he plays! Do not miss the Master of Hardcore in action - Angerfist will be sure to have you ‘Pissin’ Razorbladez’ by the end of this set!!!

RX (FIN) www.finrg.com

Ville Sorsa’s energetic stage shows, unique com bination of mixing and scratching and furious brand of FiNRG and sinister freeform has earned superstar status in his homeland’s hard dance scene. Flaunting dancefloor detonators like ‘Frozen Flame’ and ‘Hellfire’, the 25-year-old has also turned heads around the world with his ‘Codex’ mix series. He’s the driving force behind FINRG Recordings, Scandinavia’s first and foremost hard dance label, so prepare for some serious Finnish fury when he lands in Sydney.

AMS (UK) www.amsproductions.co.uk

Allen Smith, otherwise known as Trance, Hard dance and Hardcore sensation A.M.S, is

one of the most sought-after DJ/production talents in the hard dance & rave scenes.

With over 104 tracks and remixes appearing on no less than 31 albums worldwide, It is little wonder that AMS always knows to provide the right tracks at the right time, creating his magic buzz on the dancefloor! An amazingly skilled producer in his own right and an energetic DJ to boot, AMS is ready to rock Sydney once again, HARDCORE STYLES!

SIMON APEX (USA) www.myspace.com/simonapex

The man behind the evolution of Hardcore in the US, Simon has spent the last eight years leading the US Hardcore scene. He started the first USA / UK Hardcore studio and record label, SSU which became a massive worldwide brand! Amongst running Hardcore record stores & organising Northern / Southern California Hardcore events, Simon has dedicated his life to pushing the music he loves. With just shy of 40 releases to date (with tracks on Bonkers, Ministry Of Sound, and Hardcore Heaven), Simon is the US force to be reckoned with!

IMPACT & RESIST (UK) www.infexiousaudio.com

The men behind the Infexious Audio stable, Impact & Resist have toured the globe with gigs in Japan, UK, Germany, & the USA. Since launching the label, they have become responsible for some of the biggest hardcore tunes such as; ‘Someday’, ‘Sunrise’ & Close Your Eyes’, all featuring on massive albums worldwide. Now for Utopia 2007, Impact & Resist are set to play their first EVER back to back set in Australia!! Get ready to become infected by this dynamic duo!

After over 2 years together running Infexious Audio & as one of hardcore's finest double acts, Impact & Resist have decided to part company.

There are many reasons behind it, but the main reason is that musically they are going in different directions & although they still remain close mates, the pair have decided to go off and pursue careers individually.

What does that mean for Infexious Audio? Impact will be continuing to run the label with the promise to continue to deliver the highest quality hardcore on the market.

Both Impact & Resist would like to thank everyone who has supported them over the last 2 years and we hope that you still continue to support the label.

Thanks for the memories

Impact & Resist

Impact & Resist will be playing their last ever set together at Utopia in Sydney, Australia on June 30th. Both guys have told us they will ensure it's a memorable one, so if you're in town make sure to check it out.

ATTRACTIONS

Over 25 performers - both local and international acts from across the globe.
Full service alcohol bars for 18+ crowd.
Huge parking station allowing cheap on-site parking.
Polite but tight security patrols for your safety.
On-site medical staff and first aid supplied by St.Johns Ambulance.
Various market stalls from across Australia.
Massive Amusement Areas with Free Rides all night.
Magnificent décor displays throughout the venue and on stage.
Chillout area.
Secure onsite Cloak Room.
Production Design and Management by BLM Productions

TICKETS
Early Bird - $45 (Includes GST) + BF Available for a limited time exclusively from www.powerhouseproductions.com.au - so get in early

Group Booking - Buy 4 get 1 FREE! Available for a limited time exclusively from www.powerhouseproductions.com.au - so get in early.

Regular Tickets - $65 (Incls GST) + BF

Final Tickets - $75 (Incls GST) + BF (From 9am - 16th June 2007)

Door Tickets - $100 (Incls GST) + BF

ONLINE OUTLETS

www.powerhouseproductions.com.au

www.moshtix.com

www.ticketek.com.au

TICKET OUTLETS
Ticketek Outlets Australia Wide: 132 849
Beatdisc (Parramatta) 02 9891 9330
Beaumont Street Beat (Newcastle) 02 4962 5939
Castle Records (Castle Hill) 02 9899 7347
Central Station Records (Darlinghurst) 02 9361 5222
Coogee Bay Hotel (Coogee) 02 9315 6030
Electric Monkeys (Bondi) 02 9365 6955
Famous Rock Shop (Newcastle) 02 4929 1856
Fish Records (Balmain) 02 9810 8421
Fish Records (Leichhardt) 02 9560 0344
Fish Records (Newtown) 02 9557 3074
Hewlett’s Record Bar (Nowra) 02 4421 2265
Leading Edge Music (Gosford) 02 4323 7699
Leading Edge Music (Parramatta) 02 9893 8930
Leading Edge Music (Warriewood) 02 9913 1331
Mall Music (Brookvale) 02 9905 6966
NV Entertainment (Liverpool) 02 9734 9144
One Stop (Darlinghurst) 02 9283 5581
Plaza Records (Penrith) 02 47210365
Red Eye Records Shop 3 (Pitt St, City) 02 9262 9755
Red Eye Records Shops 1&2 (King St, City) 02 9299 4233
Redback Music (Wollongong) 02 4229 6169
Re-Pressed Records (Penrith) 02 4731 8955
Sandys Music (Dee Why) 02 9982 7353
Soul Clap Records (Haymarket) 02 9281 7412
Ten Seconds Down (Chatswood) 02 9411 5575
The Music Shop (Bondi Junction) 02 9388 9322
The Music Shop (Belconnen, ACT) 02 6251 1703
The Music Shop (Civic, ACT) 02 6257 3300
The Music Shop (Woden, ACT) 02 6281 2616
Central Station Records (Melbourne, VIC) 03 9642 5744
Click n Drag Internet Lounge (St Kilda, VIC) 03 9534 0859
Mighty Music Machine (South Yarra, VIC) 03 9827 4753
Central Station Records (Brisbane, QLD) 07 3210 0550

Utopia is strictly for people 16 and above,16+ proof of age is

required for entry. Alcohol can be obtained with 18+ photo ID.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wadda say kids? It will be one hell of a cold night, but it should be a good one, many great internationals!!!

Some links for the flyer
Front
Inside
Inside
Back

They are both still UK citizens. They are more English then that are Australian. If it were me, i'd be proud to represent my country and show it.
Obviously more then some other people...

Aishas Star said:
They are both still UK citizens. They are more English then that are Australian. If it were me, i'd be proud to represent my country and show it.
Obviously more then some other people...

sorry mate if you're tryin to make me feel offended by your patriotism comment, it's not gonna work :p

No offence intended to you. I was talking about others who conveniently forget their backgrounds.

I might come to this.

The ticket price is a little off-putting though.

^^ are you coming to dinner tomorrow?? If you do i'll try my hardest to get you on the door ;)

I got exams all next week, so not going out at all this wknd sorry :-(

ill b dere :)
first rave since manic back in feb fahh time flies man
hmmmm angerfist... time for the lads feast to begin
get ur stauch on!

been looking forward to this for a while...

2 main arena's, hopefully angerfist wont be occupying the room i'm in >.<

the combo for uberdruck + slideout.
Alphazone with their uplifting hardtrance.
talla2xlc for some wicked trance.
wouldn't mind seeing Brookyln Bounce, they're pretty cheese though :eek:

and CLSM if they drop free your mind:p

good lineup, for people who know + love their EDM, not the fucking posers and addicts :/

CLSM arent playing, I think you must be confused with Prophecy on the 6/10/07

Prophecy's line up:
THE PROPHET (NL)
HEADHUNTERZ (NL)
DOUGAL (UK)
CLSM (UK)
MARC SMITH (UK)
EVIL ACTIVITIES (NL)
D-PASSION (NL)
PANIC (NL)
BALLISTIC (NL)
FORCE 9 (UK)
JON DOE ‘LIVE’ (UK)

its kinda sad that NONE of those acts are coming to adelaide. Might try n catch em in Sydney. . see wat happens.

I haven't been to a rave in ages. a friend is trying to convince me to go to this for old times sake... ahh the memories of utopia : )

Angerfist is worth seeing if you like it hard... im keen to check out alphazone as well.

that's a nice line up for prophecy... do u have any links for that party?

^^ thats an old party.. feb 06

*edit again*
got my wires crossed. Theres no official info on Prophecy accept for this post made by the promoter.
Echild link

Last edited:
this should be a good night.
keen to see angerfist, i agree with "pusseh", time to get your lad on.
uberdruck will be a treat aswell.
so will me having a really great time XD

edit by leecie: be careful what you say - thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres the timetable kiddies

Room 1
10-11 matrix
11-12 talla 2xlc
12-1 matt darey
1-2 brooklyn bounce
2-3.30 uberdruck
3.30 - 5 slideout
5-6 alphazone
6-7 suae vs weaver + mc losty

Room 2
10-11 team rocket
11-12 illfx
12-1 impact & resist
1-2 ams
2-3 simon apex
3-4 nexus project
4-5 angerfist
5-6 alex szahala
6-7 rx

Fourteen charged after dance party - Homebush
1 July 2007

Fourteen people have been charged following a high-visibility police operation at a dance party at Homebush overnight.

Operation Utopia, involving police from Flemington Local Area Command as well as the Police Dog Unit and Commuter Crime Unit, ran from 8.30pm to 2am targeting drug supply and use.

A total of 14 people were charged with a variety of offences including drug possession, drink-driving and hindering police.

A quantity of drugs, believed to be MDMA and amphetamines as well as a small amount of cannabis, was seized.

All are due to appear Burwood Local Court on 24 July.

NSW Police Media Unit

Ahh ye olde rave drug bust. Did the sniffer dogs actually enter the showgrounds or are they not allowed to?