• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[SYD] Utopia @ Sydney Showgrounds 30/06/07 REVIEWS

jeezus last night was cold.
didnt really enjoy it at all...nexus project, angerfist and uberdruck blew me away

ahahahh, team rocket. they still kicking it? damn, i really should give dave a call.

^ they kinda are. Not many gigs anymore and its just Dave now, no Ange or Damo.
Dave just bought a house. They are also looking at closing MKsydney.blah too.

As for the event, it was cold, there were riots & scantily clad females, and I drank way too much and had a mad hangover in the morning, which I am still feeling sick from. I actually went home and cleaned the ENTIRE house in the evening.
The sound was decent and there was one of those heater things next to the hardcore room stage which I spent most my night under. Fun times, Jäger & VIP rooms.

lol sounds like a power house event. WTF were they thinking the showgrounds in the middle of winter?!?

btw I didn't go but lol at the morons who got busted.

sydkiwi said:
lol sounds like a power house event. WTF were they thinking the showgrounds in the middle of winter?!?

Wherever it was last year was unbelievably cold as well.

They should do it at Acer like Godspeed.

Powerhouse does it at the ShowGrounds for a different venue, I know I get sick of the Acer and Im sure im not the only one. The only thing is, it should be swapped with the event in Feb so its warmer weather.

Aishas Star said:
^ they kinda are. Not many gigs anymore and its just Dave now, no Ange or Damo.
Dave just bought a house. They are also looking at closing MKsydney.blah too.

As for the event, it was cold, there were riots & scantily clad females, and I drank way too much and had a mad hangover in the morning, which I am still feeling sick from. I actually went home and cleaned the ENTIRE house in the evening.
The sound was decent and there was one of those heater things next to the hardcore room stage which I spent most my night under. Fun times, Jäger & VIP rooms.

I met Dave at a Utopia about 7 or so years ago and supported him and another friend at dj comps where they met and hooked up with ange, damo, weaver, suae, etc.
I used to help em at th atomic pickle crew parties, working the doors of rundown warehouses and abandoned cinemas etcetera. good people. i'd like to see em more, but raves bore me to death and have for years now.

They all use to be mates of mine too, but I got sick of the bullshit that came with it, I still speak to Jason Suae but Weaver and I have a long standing hatered of eachother so we stay out of the way from one another. Though hes still mates with my boyfriend. Damo use to basically live at my house. Funny bastard, I havent seen him for AGES!

Aishas Star said:

Riots?? On what scale? A few fights is hardly a riot...

Sniffer dogs can pretty much go anywhere they like these days. So really, 14 drug busts is nothing compared to the scale of people that would of been there. At least you guys dont get searched down to your dacks on the footpath next to the queue like they did here for AVB 8o

The showgrounds is a cold venue during winter in Syd. But its spacious and theres room to move :) People should just rug up instead of freezing whatever off all night and complaining the next day.

It wasnt justa fight..
Apparently the security guards kicked out a girl, not sure why. So the 'lads' teamed up on the seccies and over powered them. The seccies got cornered behind a gate. The 'lads' threw bins and water bottles. One bin hit another female punter in the head and knocked her down, as well as a few security guards and police. Theres some vids on youtube.com. I think just search for Utopia. I think its on the news tonight.

*starfalls69* said:
Riots?? On what scale? A few fights is hardly a riot...

Sniffer dogs can pretty much go anywhere they like these days. So really, 14 drug busts is nothing compared to the scale of people that would of been there. At least you guys dont get searched down to your dacks on the footpath next to the queue like they did here for AVB 8o

The showgrounds is a cold venue during winter in Syd. But its spacious and theres room to move :) People should just rug up instead of freezing whatever off all night and complaining the next day.

Or the surprise raids in the past. Most people in Sydney should expect to see the sniffers if not use to seeing them.

Sydkiwi: Thats right. Utopia has carried with it a stigma for many years now of being a party that involved heavy drug use/lots of people going hard and lots of busts etc. Its very hard to shake a stigma like that. Doesnt matter what venue you swap to or what dj plays...

Aishas Star: Well there's a few idiots in a crowd. Just a pity innocent people have to suffer as a result. Im sure security had a dam good reason for ejecting the person. They generally dont eject people unless they have royally fucked up. IE: seen taking drugs obviouslly, seen dealing, instigating trouble or being stupid or sneaking in, b eing under age...

I think party people forget that is IS illegal to be in possession of and consume substances. So of COURSE going to dance parties is going to attract the police's suspition...put two and two together...large people with hard music generally equals drug usage and sometimes trouble..

Last edited:
^ I totally agree. If you get caught with drugs its your own stupid fault for carrying them on you. They ARE illegal and dangerous. The police are only doing their jobs by arresting these people. If they werent there there would be alot more deaths resulting from drug use.

During the riot (or what ever you want to call it) there were also females ganging up on other females. On the vids on youtube these 2 girls are just beating the shit out of this other girl. Its disgraceful. Makes me feel ill. This seems to be a regular thing at partys now too, a few months ago a rave in syd had to be shut down because the GRILS were fighting!

I searched youtube and couldnt find any vids...

Could you PM ME the links to them if you have them?

I would prefer links like these if they are around to not be posted publically due to the violent content of them and the fact the the event organisers PROBABLY do not want them posted aswell...

I guess people these days forget about the true party nature. Long gone are the friendly days...now its a party scene of anger and people full of themselves who use violence as a resolution...look at Good Vibrations here in melb this year when people got stabbed by the toilets...

Sent. The last one is just a random vid of a girl going to town on some poor guy on a train.

Thanx for the links. Im assuming the chick in the black and white stripey top was the one who started it all because in one of the vids (I THINK THE THIRD LINK) before the fight you can see her stand up on something and say something to the crowd and then she is the one pushing the police/guard (couldnt make out the difference clear enough)

If she was the one ejected obviuslly she was wasted or a trouble maker. The last vid of the train was just disturbing...i hope that guy goes to the cops about her.

Aishas Star said:
Sent. The last one is just a random vid of a girl going to town on some poor guy on a train.

You don't know how much this sentence intrigues me... haha

Why do you say "poor" guy? Do you mean she was giving him head against his will?