• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT Negative Side Effects: Asthma, Numbness, Allergic Reaction?

i just wanted to append this short note, that i have since procured a proper glass smoking device meant for dmt, and it has completly eliminated all of the effects mentioned above, no asthma, GREATLY reduced numbness, and no flashbacks (although this is just a coincidence) just goes to prove plastic is seriously dangerous stuff and i would really advise people not to use improvised smoking devices with foil and straws, unless they have no choice, it def takes a toll.

Thanks for the update, I can advise a friend this now... he has been using a straw too and reported similar respiratory problems

"Side affects"

I began smoking it right around(within a week or two) the same time I got into a fight with a friend that ended in me having a severe concussion with some miner nerve damage in my right wrist. Recently(two mos. after "concussion")I've noticed some 'nerve surges' when getting up,or looking down,and thought they might be related(the dmt,and the strange health experiences),but after extensive research,and personal experience,i have learned that my brain is rewiring my nerves from the damage they suffered,and that dmt is compared by 'WebMD'as being similiar to K2(which,I believe,affects are similiar in "certain"doses),but with "no known physical "Harmful side affects".So,concerning the harmful side affects, it is either 'unknown',or unworthy of concern.

My vertigo,and numbness with "surges through my nerves is result of my severe concussion. :)

I was VERY relieved! PEACE!

I have mild asthma and season allergies as well and have never noticed any serious issues from vaporizing DMT. It does make me hyper aware of my breathing as time seems to slow down sometimes which can be disconcerting at first but that's about it. That's very strange that it consistently gives you an asthma attack.

Perhaps the sleep disturbances are just a coincidence because you did say that your sleeping habits had been messed up lately. If it's true that it has continued to affect you well after ingestion than that is quite weird. Isn't DMT metabolized and broken down by MAOI pretty quickly? I would think the dose would be completely gone from your system by the time you sleep.

I almost always smoke DMT right before bed. Sometimes after a heavy session I'll notice my breathing being more shallow than normal, but it's always back to normal the next day.

,i have learned that my brain is rewiring my nerves from the damage they suffered,and that dmt is compared by 'WebMD'as being similiar to K2(which,I believe,affects are similiar in "certain"doses),but with "no known physical "Harmful side affects".So,concerning the harmful side affects, it is either 'unknown',or unworthy of concern.

glad your nerves are recovering from the injury. i would be careful about comparing DMT to K2 blend, they are nothing alike in chemistry or biological effect. especially since webMD is basically a place for hypochondriacs to go diagnose themselves with brain cancer instead of consulting a medical professional.

i assume you are seeing a physical therapist for rehabilitation of your injury?

Might be late, but just thought I would add. I've never done DMT but I've done (alot of) research on it. DMT is a compound that is naturally created in the brain of most mammals and serves a couple of purposes. It is released in your brain in small amounts during the REM sleep cycle, and is thought to be responsible for the actual visions you see when you're dreaming. It is also released in very large amounts during near-death experiences, thus the whole "life passing before my eyes" deal.

My conjecture about the fact that you wake up and see hallucinations a couple days after you smoke it is this: when the DMT your brain naturally produces during REM sleep cycle is normally supposed to get cut off when you wake up, some that you have smoked is still left over and isn't cut off soon enough, or the residual amounts left there are working together with the natural amount of DMT that your brain makes.

I could be wrong, but that's my guess.

DMT makes my lungs feel as if there's extra mucus. The vapor it produces is pretty thick feeling to me, especially when compared to vaporized herb, which is much less of an issue in my experience. I had to use my inhaler a couple times after smoking dmt, but it wasn't anything seriously troubling for me.

Might be late, but just thought I would add. I've never done DMT but I've done (alot of) research on it. DMT is a compound that is naturally created in the brain of most mammals and serves a couple of purposes. It is released in your brain in small amounts during the REM sleep cycle, and is thought to be responsible for the actual visions you see when you're dreaming. It is also released in very large amounts during near-death experiences, thus the whole "life passing before my eyes" deal.

My conjecture about the fact that you wake up and see hallucinations a couple days after you smoke it is this: when the DMT your brain naturally produces during REM sleep cycle is normally supposed to get cut off when you wake up, some that you have smoked is still left over and isn't cut off soon enough, or the residual amounts left there are working together with the natural amount of DMT that your brain makes.

I could be wrong, but that's my guess.

Fucking eh, Strassman has infected the world with theories that have become truths to the masses, I know he didnt intend for people to believe his theories were absolute truths, but somehow he sure left out the disclaimer that he was only theorizing apparently....

I hear so many people talking about DMT being produced in the brain and related to REM and everything, ITS JUST NOT TRUE.

Well, It COULD be true, but I doubt it would have no scientific proof, only some evidences , if it were true.

Please stop spreading theories as if they are proven. Please.

As I'm sure many of you know, Rick Strassman's book "DMT: The Spirit Molecule" has a companion documentary of the same name being released this month. We've already been surprised by the outpouring of support and how quickly the documentary has made its way up the charts on iTunes, but there's always more we can do to get the word out about spiritualism and mental expansion. That's where our next project, DMT:RMX comes in. We packed as much as we could into the documentary, but we still have hours and hours of footage that we want to share with the world. Our goal with DMT:RMX is to make this footage, as well as other visual content and original music, available to the community in order to promote its use in as many related projects and outlets as possible. In the coming months we'll be making this material available for that use, but as of now you can view most of it on our youtube page (youtube.com/dmttsm). Also, please visit remix.thespiritmolecule.com to check for updates as we get the site up and running, and like / follow us on Facebook and Twitter (@DMTTSM.)

We have immense faith in the psychedelic community and your ability to spread the word... with your help, we can make a real and lasting difference.

http://thespiritmolecule.com/

^Why would you post that in the only real DMT thread about negative reactions?? :D