• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Le Junk's Cocaine Purification Megathread v. The Final Word

diethyl ether is polar?

printers demon, sorry, i edited it. Non polar obviously.

The HCL I have has the following description - "Hydrochloric Acid 0.1M Volumetric solution". Is this ok ? What happens if it's more than 38% pure ?

0.1M means 0.1 molarity? That means your hcl acid solution has 0.1 moles of hcl acid per litter of water, i.e it has 3.646gr of hcl acid per 1000gr of water. For reference the 38% solution has ~452gr of hcl acid per liter of water (that means it would state 12.39M)

Your hcl acid solution is way to dilute. Doing it stoichiometric would mean that you would have to add 3.3ml of your solution for every gr of cocaine base. That would be imho too much water... You need a more concentrated solution of hcl acid for sure.

You cant have more that 38% w/w hcl acid solution in water. Hydrochloric acid is a gas, you can have it in gas form in higher concentrations than 38%.
Does adding magnesium sulphate to all / most of the chemicals in this process make them anhydrous ?

lol no, well you cant add magn sulphate to water solutions obviously:p and you cant add it in any solvent that will dissolve it also. But you can safely add it to acetone. Im not sure about methanol though...Though my guess is that you could.

Dont give it a go untill you have the proper chemichals.

You need these:

10% ammonia (or higher concentration and dillute it yourself)
distilled water
at least 31% (w/w) hcl acid
anhydrous acetone (or regular acetone and magn sulfate)
anhydrous methanol

epote said:
printers demon, sorry, i edited it. Non polar obviously.

0.1M means 0.1 molarity? That means your hcl acid solution has 0.1 moles of hcl acid per litter of water, i.e it has 3.646gr of hcl acid per 1000gr of water. For reference the 38% solution has ~452gr of hcl acid per liter of water (that means it would state 12.39M)

Your hcl acid solution is way to dilute. Doing it stoichiometric would mean that you would have to add 3.3ml of your solution for every gr of cocaine base. That would be imho too much water... You need a more concentrated solution of hcl acid for sure.

You cant have more that 38% w/w hcl acid solution in water. Hydrochloric acid is a gas, you can have it in gas form in higher concentrations than 38%.

lol no, well you cant add magn sulphate to water solutions obviously:p and you cant add it in any solvent that will dissolve it also. But you can safely add it to acetone. Im not sure about methanol though...Though my guess is that you could.

Dont give it a go untill you have the proper chemichals.

You need these:

10% ammonia (or higher concentration and dillute it yourself)
distilled water
at least 31% (w/w) hcl acid
anhydrous acetone (or regular acetone and magn sulfate)
anhydrous methanol

Nuts !

I thought it was going too well.

I have access to HCL of 5.0M, is that any better ?

Where would find HCL 31%+ in the UK ? I've checked out Swimming Pool suppliers and DIY shops for it.

Anyone have any ideas ?

And, yes you can add mag sulph to methanol to make it anhydrous, but the article I found does say how much, so I'll use the quantities detailed in previous posts.

Last edited:
Acetone wash

I've read that it is beneficial to perform an acetone wash before performing the A/B extraction. Is this correct ?

What is the process ? Is just as above using HCL and a solvent e.g. methanol or is it just a straight acetone wash ?

Or should I just not bother ?

Apologies for all the questions and I know a lot of the info is in this thread but it does seem to contradict it's self.

In return what I shall do is, is write an "idiots" step by step guide, including photos. Documenting the problems I encountered and what I did (hopefully !) to rectify them.

Thanks for your patience....

Last edited:
imbuzzin said:
I've read that it is beneficial to perform an acetone wash before performing the A/B extraction. Is this correct ?

What is the process ? Is just as above using HCL and a solvent e.g. methanol or is it just a straight acetone wash ?

Or should I just not bother ?

Apologies for all the questions and I know a lot of the info is in this thread but it does seem to contradict it's self.

In return what I shall do is, is write an "idiots" step by step guide, including photos. Documenting the problems I encountered and what I did (hopefully !) to rectify them.

Thanks for your patience....

Yes, absolutely! Simply make your acetone anhydrous by adding the anhydrous mag. sulphate to it. Shake well and let set for 24 hours. Use a glass eye dropper or glass pipette to extract the required amount of acetone from the top layers of the container. After settling, the bottom layer of the container will contain your former water/alcohol, so always stay away from there.

And yes, once you've extracted the required amount of anhydrous acetone into your beaker, simply pour your crushed up adulterated cocaine into the acetone. Stir for a few minutes, cover and then let settle. Once settled, carefully pour just the acetone rom the top of the beaker into an awaiting filter. Try and stop short of any of the crystals falling out. Now, pour some fresh acetone into the beaker, stir again, and then try and pour all the contents into the filter. Pour a little fresh acetone into the beaker to gather the few remaining crystals stuck to the beaker. Once the filter has completely drained from the second wash, pour the remaining acetone and crystals into the filter as well. That's it! Let drain thoroughly and then remove the filter still containing th crystals and place between a few paper towels. Press firmly on the clump to absorb any excess acetone. While still in the filter, blow dry on hot the clump until it' bone dry. Once dry, pour out onto a ceramic plate. Crush into a fine powder and then cover lightly with soemthing like a paper towel to keep out any dust/dirt/debris etc. Let air dry in a non-humid environment for at least 24 hours, preferably 48. Try it then. If still not satisfied, move onto the more advanced procedures. But I personally doubt you'll have too. Let us all know. Best of luck! ;)

Le Junk :)

imbuzzin:

hmmm ok let do the maths of it.

doing it stoichiometric for one mole of cocaine you would need 1 mole hcl acid

cocaine has a molecular weight of 303.353 gr/mole, so for 303.353gr of cocaine you would have to add 200ml of your 5M hcl acid. Bear in mind that 200ml of water will dissolve 400gr of cocaine.

In real life quantities for 1gr of cocaine you would have to add 0.66ml of your 5.0M hcl acid all that in an 25ml in total solution (15ml ether and 10ml acetone). Still looks too much man...And bear in mind that using 38% hcl acid you need aproximately 0.2ml of the solution for every gram of base.

seriously im not sure if it would work, someone actually experienced in chemistry sould reply...

Mucho Gracias....

epote and Le Junk

Firstly, thanks guys for all your help !

Secondly, I managed to find a supplier of 38% HCL, so I placed an order ! I have concocted a plausible reason (I hope !) for the order. I'm just waiting to hear from them.

Now all I have to do is wait (patiently !) for all my "supplies" to turn up.

Fingers x'd =D

Creatine Monohydrate

Oh I have one other question (or two);

I hear coke is cut with creatine monohydrate, has anyone else heard this ?

It makes sense, it's cheap and crystal-like.

I know its an inactive cut and LJ's opinion is that inactive cuts don't detract from the high but surely they must dilute it !

Anyway, will the washes and extractions remove it from my prized product ?

Thanks again..

imbuzzin said:
epote and Le Junk

Firstly, thanks guys for all your help !

Secondly, I managed to find a supplier of 38% HCL, so I placed an order ! I have concocted a plausible reason (I hope !) for the order. I'm just waiting to hear from them.

Now all I have to do is wait (patiently !) for all my "supplies" to turn up.

Fingers x'd =D

No problem. I assume your using the methanol/acetone/HCL in one beaker and the dissolved freebase/acetone in the other. Then your combining the two for recrystallization, is this correct?

Let me ask you this, have you tried to obtain anhydrous diethyl ether? If so, the results are instantaneous and much better as far as I'm concerned. If you can, I can give you the exact numbers of each chem. needed as I can easily do this recrystallization process with me eyes closed!

I won't waste time on it now, so first let me know about the ether. We'll then take it from there, okay? ;)

P.S. And one more very important question. How are planning on making the freebase for this procedure? The route in which you choose to create it will greatly impact your final results. And finally, I don't know about the creatine. But if your perform the freebase procedure by using the correct book method and not the ghetto method, I have no doubt that if it's in there to begin with, that it won't be once your finished.......

Last edited:
Le Junk said:
No problem. I assume your using the methanol/acetone/HCL in one beaker and the dissolved freebase/acetone in the other. Then your combining the two for recrystallization, is this correct?

Let me ask you this, have you tried to obtain anhydrous diethyl ether? If so, the results are instantaneous and much better as far as I'm concerned. If you can, I can give you the exact numbers of each chem. needed as I can easily do this recrystallization process with me eyes closed!

I won't waste time on it now, so first let me know about the ether. We'll then take it from there, okay? ;)

P.S. And one more very important question. How are planning on making the freebase for this procedure? The route in which you choose to create it will greatly impact your final results. And finally, I don't know about the creatine. But if your perform the freebase procedure by using the correct book method and not the ghetto method, I have no doubt that if it's in there to begin with, that it won't be once your finished.......

I was going to dissolve the blow in acetone and combine the meth / HCL into one beaker, is that ok ? You mention acetone in the meth / HCL beaker, is that correct ?

I can get diethyl ether @ 98% concentration, I'm not sure what other "additives" it may have. I guess I could use the mag sulph route to make it anhydrous, ok ?

As far your last question, please excuse my ignorance. I don't know what the difference is between the "book method" and the "ghetto method".

I was going to dissolve the powder in distilled water, add ammonia until the mixture stops turning white and filter out the precipitate - which "method" is this ? Is there a better one ?

imbuzzin said:
I was going to dissolve the blow in acetone and combine the meth / HCL into one beaker, is that ok ? You mention acetone in the meth / HCL beaker, is that correct ?

I can get diethyl ether @ 98% concentration, I'm not sure what other "additives" it may have. I guess I could use the mag sulph route to make it anhydrous, ok ?

As far your last question, please excuse my ignorance. I don't know what the difference is between the "book method" and the "ghetto method".

I was going to dissolve the powder in distilled water, add ammonia until the mixture stops turning white and filter out the precipitate - which "method" is this ? Is there a better one ?

Great! And your freebase method is correct. Make sure you use 60 ml.s of water per every 1 gram of blow. It's also extremely important you add only 1 ml. of 10% ammonia at a time. Stir for 3 minutes between each additional 1 ml. Your impurities will precipitate out first on the stir rod as a yellowish goo. These are what you want out of your freebase, so that's the reason behind the slow addition of ammonia followed by 3 minutes of stirring each time. Once the stir rod starts to pick up the bleach white freebase, switch containers as to avoid accidentely freeing any of the goo stuck to the edges of the original glass. Also, while forming the initial goo, make sure you avoid ever touching any edge of the glass. If any of that initial goo gets freed from the glass by the stir rod, it will end up in your final product, guaranteed! And that's not good! :\

Le Junk ;)

Le Junk said:
Great! And your freebase method is correct. Make sure you use 60 ml.s of water per every 1 gram of blow. It's also extremely important you add only 1 ml. of 10% ammonia at a time. Stir for 3 minutes between each additional 1 ml. Your impurities will precipitate out first on the stir rod as a yellowish goo. These are what you want out of your freebase, so that's the reason behind the slow addition of ammonia followed by 3 minutes of stirring each time. Once the stir rod starts to pick up the bleach white freebase, switch containers as to avoid accidentely freeing any of the goo stuck to the edges of the original glass. Also, while forming the initial goo, make sure you avoid ever touching any edge of the glass. If any of that initial goo gets freed from the glass by the stir rod, it will end up in your final product, guaranteed! And that's not good! :\

Le Junk ;)

I am not worthy !

Are you saying the 98% ether would be suitable ?

Also, checkout my profile my IM / email address is on there, if you'd like to contact me offline.

Thank You ! ;)

imbuzzin said:
I am not worthy !

Are you saying the 98% ether would be suitable ?

Also, checkout my profile my IM / email address is on there, if you'd like to contact me offline.

Thank You ! ;)

What's the data on the other 2% of that ether? And why can't you just get anhydrous diethyl ether (ethyl ether)?

I'll e-mail you the other part..............

Le Junk

Le Junk said:
What's the data on the other 2% of that ether? And why can't you just get anhydrous diethyl ether (ethyl ether)?

I'll e-mail you the other part..............

Le Junk

I don't have the ether to hand I just know I can get it. I'll see if I can find out.

Won't ordering anhydrous diethy ether raise some "eyebrows" and possibly some awkard questions !

Actually I have found a site but I've already ordered some other "supplies" from them and I don't want to order too many constituent parts from one supplier !

And they have 98% DE on their site. I'll check out the contents and post em here !

n.b. I look forward to receiving your email.

Diethyl Ether

This is all I can find on it;

(C2H5)2O M.W. 74.12

Assay 98% Minimum

Maximum Limits of Impurities:

Non Volatile Matter 0.002%

Peroxides (H2O2) Conforms to B.P.

imbuzzin said:
This is all I can find on it;

(C2H5)2O M.W. 74.12

Assay 98% Minimum

Maximum Limits of Impurities:

Non Volatile Matter 0.002%

Peroxides (H2O2) Conforms to B.P.

That'll be just fine.....

Le Junk ;)

Master Le Junk would you kindly PM me? I cannot PM you due to my peon status... can I PM you back? E-mail? I really would like to get ahold of you! Thanks!

2binky said:
Master Le Junk would you kindly PM me? I cannot PM you due to my peon status... can I PM you back? E-mail? I really would like to get ahold of you! Thanks!

In regards toooo? :\

Le Junk

One of your posts says to check with you before doing something is one thing :)

Another I started a thread on HCL > base LOL.

2binky said:
One of your posts says to check with you before doing something is one thing :)

Another I started a thread on HCL > base LOL.

I e-mailed you................

Le Junk said:
That'll be just fine.....

Le Junk ;)

This is the info on the Diethyl Ether that I can get easily;

Diethyl Ether BDH Reagent Grade
Boiling Range 34-35c
WT per ml 0.713-0.716
Acidity 0.003%
water 0.2%
Non-volatiles 0.002%

Like I say I can obtain this relatively easily, what do you think ?