View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Identification of "Red Jungle DMT" Thread

IGNVS

Bluelighter
doing a xylene pull on the leftover gunk from my dmt pulls... so in theory i should have some red dmt on the way.

few questions

does anyone know what this is for sure? ive heard lots about it but have no idea what it is what to expect or anything!

is it oraly active?

have any of you tried it? what are your expereinecs?

we need a huge thread about this stuff and more people to compile expereinces and do reaserch.

it is suspected to be yuremamine, but yuremamine is not stable in heat. your best bet would be to extract it before heating the root (if you extract it after your dmt extraction [assuming you use marsofolds tek] and get an active product, it would be evidence that the jungle dmt cannot be yuremamine…)

i have not tried it myself, but it is said to be more potent than dmt and produce a darker trip…

i'd also be interested in more information about it…

Did anyone ever figure out what chemical it is? It was suggested it was some sort of betacarboline iirc.

Someone should run some (GC/MS, spectra) tests on it! Oh, and also smoke some too! =D

edit - Just saw your post, Black, I thought xylene indiscriminately pulls alkaloids, how could it target the 'red jungle DMT' and not the DMT? I thought the idea was that you extracted it AFTER extracting all of the easier to extract DMT (ie in the leftovers that contained the harder to extract 'red jungle DMT').

lets figure this out once and for all.
no more conjecture and theory.

Changed the title somewhat, and I will change it again once we determine what chemical it is. Nice work everyone! It will be nice to get an answer for this so-called "red jungle DMT".

samadhi_smiles said:
edit - Just saw your post, Black, I thought xylene indiscriminately pulls alkaloids, how could it target the 'red jungle DMT' and not the DMT? I thought the idea was that you extracted it AFTER extracting all of the easier to extract DMT (ie in the leftovers that contained the harder to extract 'red jungle DMT').

i've read about an extraction method, where you extract you alkaloids with xylene, let evaporate and extract the residue with naphta. dmt of course is soluble in naphta while the 'red jungle dmt' is not. this way you would not destroy the very heat sensitive yuremamine…

yeah thats what your suposed to do... but its not all that heat sensitive im guessing, if the target chem is actualy yuremamine... people smoke it so it cant be that heat sensitive.

Black said:
i've read about an extraction method, where you extract you alkaloids with xylene, let evaporate and extract the residue with naphta. dmt of course is soluble in naphta while the 'red jungle dmt' is not. this way you would not destroy the very heat sensitive yuremamine…

Im trying to figure out if this will really work.

Did you try it.
How were your results?

try it dude! worse comes to worse you just get lower yields on the DMT (I can't remember if xylene is worse or better at pulling DMT out of the bark).

just lye that shit up to good god black hell and pull baby!

then find a friend who can run an analysis on it please!

i might aswell.

Ill report back on the results.

Also ill prob give this jungle stuff a try aswell. =D

pics!!!

if you need help finding somebody to run an analysis on the material (NMR or GC/MS) let me know maybe I can find a friend who is willing to do it for the community's curiousity.

This "jungle DMT" is the worst shit in the world.. needs to be banished from the universe.. although there are different "flavours" that seem to come out of mimosa (back when i was extracting regularly).

I had some LCMS tests done in 2006 although we couldn't figure out what they were, this guy has more theories (radio879 is referring to me in these posts),

http://www.dmt-nexus.com/forum/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1115

^ i was hoping you would chime in.

So were you doing AB or STB teks?

And did you find a way to pul dmt from jungle spice?

oh and thanks for that link.
great read.

Last edited:
yaesutom said:
This "jungle DMT" is the worst shit in the world.. needs to be banished from the universe.. although there are different "flavours" that seem to come out of mimosa (back when i was extracting regularly).

I had some LCMS tests done in 2006 although we couldn't figure out what they were, this guy has more theories (radio879 is referring to me in these posts),

http://www.dmt-nexus.com/forum/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1115

It's bad? I've heard claims that it's good, especially when mixed with clean DMT.

But then again the same is said about the 5-MeO-DMT

^ My point exactly stagnantreaction. I very much doubt that it is 'bad' since oral DMT (from crude mimosa extract) is VERY GOOD and much more powerful/lifechanging than smoked DMT (sorry it is, although breakthrough DMT experiences are profound in their own right they don't yield nearly as much long-lasting benefits as oral DMT does).

5-MeO-DMT was interpreted by the community early on as an almost negative trip (although to be sure many people had very positive experiences on it). I am extremely interested in the sociological aspects of the online psychedelic research chemical community and how what is said and agreed upon basically becomes 'reality' - it is one reason why I think it is important to watch what we say and always speak from a position of LOVE and COMPASSION. People are listening and they are being influenced, positively or negatively.

Never underestimate the power of set on the psychedelic experience

I predict Yaesutom is doing a/b extractions :)

He should switch to STB though...they yield higher especially given that they continue to extract goodies on the third and fourth pull (especially if you add EVEN MORE base after the first couple pulls to 'shock' the brew out of its remaining DMT) and they are much less work/material needed. :)

peace and love,
samadhi

ps a LOT of base. A ton! Spoons and spoons of it!!!