• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How much methadone should I take?

bromance

Bluelighter
I recently found some 10 mg methadone pills. I was wondering how much is a safe starting dose, what to expect, and if there's any negative interactions with other drugs. Currently the only other drugs I take are about 150mg of Tramadol every other day, and about 10mg of diazepam a week. Thanks!

you should take just 1 because tramadol isn't that strong

If that isn't enough take half of another one every 30 mins or so until you where you want to be.

I just want to make sure there's no negative interaction between Tramadol and methadone, or if there's much of a cross-tolerance between the two. I don't take any other opiates regularly.

i woudnt think theres anything negative bout the interactions, except for keeping in mind that theyll both decrease your breathing and heart rate, so dont take too much tramadol if u think the methadone is too weak.

the methadone can be a mild high (too each his own) but it lasts 24-36 hours on its half life. ive heard of people taking methadone and then hours later thinking the methadones worn off theyll do a bunch of another opiate, or too much speed, and end up ODing. but i doubt youll get that far.

enjoy, and be sure to take small amounts at a time of something your new too. you can always just add more and more to where u get to feelin good enough.

dont forget it takes up to ~4 hours for the methadone, as does tramadol, to reach its peak so be careful with the dosing

Methadone? That for a non tolerant or novice opiate or opiod user is very dangerous. Overdoses at as low as 20mg i've heard of. I can't stop you from taking it but if i tried it being non tolerent , i'd take half a 10 do 5mg and wait and see what happens. I did methadone first a 16, banging H at 19, banging coke at 20 and now on subutex program for last 3 years. Methadone is what got me into doing harder opiates, its like heroin, just a long lasting opiate and of course H is for the rush soley. I would say don't take it your body is fuct for life once it knows a good H shot or good methadone waves, u'll crave it eventually and then like myself cant feel normal without it. Thats called DEPENDENCY, and by that point i had to score daily or i would be DOPESICK. Save urself and ur loved ones the trouble.

dopefizzziend said:
Methadone? That for a non tolerant or novice opiate or opiod user is very dangerous. Overdoses at as low as 20mg i've heard of. I can't stop you from taking it but if i tried it being non tolerent , i'd take half a 10 do 5mg and wait and see what happens. I did methadone first a 16, banging H at 19, banging coke at 20 and now on subutex program for last 3 years. Methadone is what got me into doing harder opiates, its like heroin, just a long lasting opiate and of course H is for the rush soley. I would say don't take it your body is fuct for life once it knows a good H shot or good methadone waves, u'll crave it eventually and then like myself cant feel normal without it. Thats called DEPENDENCY, and by that point i had to score daily or i would be DOPESICK. Save urself and ur loved ones the trouble.

Good advice here. Methadone doesn't get you into harder opiates because methadone is a strong opioid as it is. The OP should take NO MORE than 10mg of methadone in a 24 hour period. Don't take the tramadol when you are taking methadone.

I tryed it a few times when i was younger used to only take 5ml and that was enough.

Avoid taking other CNS depressants (including benzos and alcohol) as the risk of respiratory depression is VERY high. Unlike shorter-acting opioids, most people don't feel the effects of methadone until ~1.5-2 hours after ingestion. So, don't wait half an hour then redose because the medication didn't kick in after 20 min. as oxy/hydrocodone does. Methadone is a hit-or-miss with most people who take it looking for a "high," which is what is causing methadone to have the stigma associated with it and ruining it for people who TRULY NEED IT. So, enjoy getting fucked up but remember those of us who need it for pain management and MMT!

I haven't used any street drugs in 8 years but have prescribed drugs such as vicodin and such. I have just come across some 5 and 10 mg. Methadone and don't know how many to take to get that euphoric high? I am 120 pounds and have a very high tolerance to sedative drugs. Does anyone have any ideas of how many are a good high and how long does it last. Will people know I'm high? lol.

i would start with a half, see how that goes and redose no earlier than 2 hours later...

for a first time methadone user, i would reccommend starting with half of a 10mg pill. thats what i started at with my first dose, and having no tolerance to the drug, it gave me a nice high well into the next morning when i took it the evening before. however, i found that it takes about an hour for the high to really set in when taken orally.

work your way up from 5mg when you dose in the future. i've also taken the methadone with tramadol but found that it only sedated me and knocked me right out shortly after. so, i wouldn't really reccommend using both at once unless your trying to acheive a good sleep.

be careful with the methadone, though. not only will it give you a wonderful, strong high, but it is also VERY addictive and nearly harder of a habbit to kick than heroin. the withdrawls can be hell on earth so watch your dosing and tolerance as you take these. the last thing you want is a methadone addiction... trust me, it is MISERABLE!

half of what? 10/5 What would be the best dose? Would it be best to do during the day? I live and take care of my elderly parents but I need a day to myself just to unwind. Seems that I just want to go to a place that is not here! I don't drive so I am just here!

5mg (half of a 10mg pill) would be enough for a starting dose. if you took that early in the day, it should most likely last you the duration of the day. i find that it is more of an upper and stimulant for me. the high makes me feel motivated and i seem to accomplish more during the day. but i have also heard it is more of a downer for others and makes them feel very relaxed and almost tired. it really depends on the person and their tolerance, etc...

start with a small dose and see how it effects you, as it effects each person differently, then determine how and when to dose from there.

check your post in the other thread zoie47 I have given you information there... Methadone is very dangerous, so please be careful..
Mat

I got put on Methadone 10mg 3 times daily on the 15th of april. I was on Tramadol for 3 years, got up to taking 20 a day so I quit taking that and just took Perc, Lortab, Darvocet for severe back pain. It seems Like I have always had a high tolerance. I had 7.5 percs and it would take like 6 to even get a mild buzz. Anyway. so when the doctor put me on methadone a week ago I was THRILLED! I like to get high every once in awhile to get some cleaning and things done.

Now, I took 3 5mg tablets when I first got the, Walked around a mall for 2 hours, Didn't feel anything. Took 1 more and ate lunch. after the 3 hour drive home I STILL couldn't feel anything. I just wanted the good high that everyone talks about. I know there is no immediate 'rush' but it had been 5 hours. I have woken up and taken 20mg first thing and CANT get a buzz. I have been trying for almost a week every now and then to try to get that good high so I can get some things done and to relax... Anyone know why I cant feel it? What is a safe dose for me to try? I have a high tolerance to every pain pill. Before this i had opana IR, snorted and ate those and they did nothing. So please, someone help me get a good high so I can relax and quit trying everyday!

Thanks so much in advance. :?

When I had no tolerance to opiates I took 10mg's methadone at a party and was trashed. It was fun, but I was high as a kite and ended up puking once home. It was probably too much, but I also had some alcohol, a few beers, with it. Im not sure how much the tramadol raises your tolerance, otherwise I would say 10mg's max.

methadone doesn't get you anywhere near as high as percs do, IMO. 30mg a day is a fairly high methadone dose. If you aren't feeling much, it's because you've been spoiled by other opiates.

Also methadone is very subjective. Some people find huge recreational benefit from it, others don't notice it at all. I used to notice my 40mg/day a LIIITTLE, in a background fuzzy back-of-the-head way, but its very subtle. Now that Im on 20mg/day I don't notice it at all, except for that it eases the morning withdrawal.

You shouldn't really look to get high on methadone, sorry to say. It's not really a recreational drug, at least not compared to oxycodone (percs).

EDIT: Also it's worth noting that 40mg of methadone was enough to take away withdrawal from 300mg of oxy a day (or 60 percs a day), though I understand that this is not really normal. The point is if your tolerance to oxycodone is 35mg (7 percs), you should not take more than 20mg of methadone at a time.

Moving to Basic Drug Discussion. Basic questions about dosing a drug belong in BDD.

dont forget it takes up to ~4 hours for the methadone, as does tramadol, to reach its peak so be careful with the dosing
4 hours for tram to peak my ass. Trams peaks at an hour and a half MAX and methadone is 3 hours MAXIMUM and 10mg of methadone is near impossible to OD off of so just because its potent doesnt mean u cant take a 10 for fun