• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Abilify and MDMA

SunShineFix000

Bluelighter
I tried searching first but only one thread came up and there wasn't much information...

So, I was just wondering if anyone is taking Abilify and how it interacts with E.

I've been sitting on some really good stuff and was just prescribed this med for bipolar and was wondering if I should drop before I start taking the Abilify.

I've dropped many times before to know that I'm not going to go off myself on the comedown... I really don't get that depressed from it actually.

However, if the Abilify will greatly reduce the pill's effects I will probably hold off on starting it for a couple of days or a week until I take the pill.

Also, if anyone happens to know how it might interact with other things... that information would be much appreciated as well. I can't seem to find much info about this medication and it's kind of irritating.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

It's unlikely to effect it largely. You may or may not notice some difference in the feeling...

I've recently been prescribed Abilify (aripiprazole), which is a relatively new medication used as a mood stabilizer, and Wellbutrin. I know about the effects of Wellbutrin already, and I have been on drugs like these in the past (two years ago, before I started using MDMA), but I would like to know more about the possible interaction with the aripiprazole before I decide to start taking meds again. I know that people with conditions necesitating meds such as these shouldn't be using MDMA, but I don't feel that my condition is unmanagable enough to really need these medications to survive. If anyone has any insight as to what possible interactions or effects of MDMA would be with aripiprazole may be, I'd be really appreciative. Thanks :)

where i work theres only been a couple of folk prescribed aripiprazole- not sure how common it is yet? may not be many people who have had mdma when using it to get any decent information? plus due to its "Unique Pharmacology" it may not be a good idea to compare it to other medications in terms of interactions and safety. and i suppose if you really dont think you are in need of medication then its a moot point anyway :)

Well, I'm not saying I couldn't benefit from them (because I could), but I also think I could do without. I don't really want to give up this lifestyle just yet, so how it would be affected is a factor in my end decision of whether I take the meds or not.

if you think you can manage to carry on without the medication then thats probably the best course- mixing mdma with medication is never going to be the best option- im guessing you arent at the point where you cant cope/ need hospitalisation- just need to be careful that if you do go without medication you can recognise the point- should it come- when you do need it and make that decision then?

Last edited:
I actually just got out of the hospital about 2 weeks ago. however, I know that the only reason I got there is because I overreacted while I had been snorting ritalin for several days straight.

I figured I'd make this thread for anyone out there who is taking abilify and wondering if you can still roll. From my experience you will need to take more than a normal dose to roll. For me I had to take 3 pills and stop taking my medication that day for it to work. I am going off my medication for the next few days and rolling again on Friday (2 days from now). I will try with 1 pill at first and see if the abilify is sufficently diminished from my system so that I can roll with 1 pill. If not I'll move up to 2 and if I still can't roll (which is unlikely since I would have stopped taking abilify about 3 days prior) I will drop 3. I'll let you guys know how it goes when I do this.

So in short if you are taking abilify, the best way to roll would be to stop taking it at least 2 days prior to rolling, then take a pill and see if it effects you at all, I will report back on how my roll went after stopping abilify for 3 days before taking E.

I don't think that it's a good idea for you to stop taking your medication.

You will not get all of the benefits from the medication if you do not maintain a strict regimen.

It's also worth mentioning that mdma has the potential to pronounce and amplify some psychological disorders and make them feel a lot worse. So that is also something to consider.

Good luck to you and please be safe.

Here is a little update, I snorted half a pill today (Thursday) and it didn't work. I'll be doing either two or three tomorrow depending on if I can get money or not. I'll let everyone know if I can roll with 2 after being off abilify for about 4 days (since tuesday).

Here is another update, I rolled today using only 2 pills after being off Abilify for a week. So 2 pills worked, I downed a third about an hour into the roll just to prolong it.