• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Sandoz Fentanyl Patch VS Mylan Fentanyl Patch (Eating, Smoking Questions)

the unknown

Bluelighter
[A couple comments and two questions on various Fentanyl pathces are below. The first paragraph deals with buccaly absorbing the gel. The second paragraph deals with smoking the gel.]

Recently ive been able to try the Sandoz Fentanyl Patch which from what i hear are nearly exactly the same as the name brand Duragesic. I wore the patch for about ~18hrs (Sandoz Generic for Duragesic 100ug/hr Patch) and it was pretty nice. Then i took the patch off and cut a tip off in the corner and squeezed all the gel out in between my gums and lips. I let it sit there for buccal obsorption. And i got to be honest it wasnt that great at all. Infact i get more buzzed from buccaly obsorbing half a 100ug/hr myland patch. I must be doing something wrong with the sandoz patch if it doesnt work nearly as good as the gel-less Myland patches. What could i be doing wrong as far as using the gel goes (in ones mouth between gum and lips)?

Also i want to know how to smoke the gel. A few members say thats the best way to go. I know this may seem like an ignorant newbie question but i honestly never smoked anything before. Do you mean by "smoking" putting the gel on aluminum foil, lighting it, and inhaling the fumes similar to how you would do Heroin. Or do you mean literally smoking it somehow but inhaling the gel directly somehow from lighting it. Please excuse my ignorance here but some guidance would help. Ive searched alot on how to abuse these patches and everyone seems to say put the gel in your mouth or smoke it but no one goes into exactly the way to "smoke it" as far as the gel patches are concerned. Probably because its assumed people know how to do it. Thanks for your help, and if you dont have anything meaningful to say then dont say anything at all. Also excuse my sp im in quite a hurry right now...

-UK

Yeah.... People smoke their Fentanyl by squeezing it out onto foil and inhailing the funes with a shell of a pen, or a straw.....

ok for the first part...u cant just squeeze the gel into ur mouth...it works best if its rubbed in the gums via q-tip or something that is why u seemingly got better results from the shit-mylan brand. also, there is no way to hold the gel inbetween the gums/cheek if u just squeeze a shit load of gel in there and eventually ur saliva will build up and it will move AND u will swallow.
u cannot swallow the spit...im sure u didnt know this, but that completely defeats the purpose of bucchal absobrtion of u end up taking it orally. it takes atleast 10 minutes IMO to absorb through the cheek/gums so that is just another advantage to some type of "pop' application similiar to the actiq lollipops.

second, smoking the gel is easy but misleading in the name...it should really be called vaporizing since u are using foil and not directly burning the material however people say u can smoke heroin and it is done the same way, ON FOIL.

just get a piece of regular cheap aluminum foil atleast 2.5in X 4in in size....place the shiny-side facing up and i like to preburn the foil for atleast 10 seconds with a lighter to get a better taste...some people also claim its necessary to preburn for health reasons but i have read otherwise in studies done by reynolds themselves.

now place a BB sized glob of fentanyl gel on the foil using a paper clip that has been unfolded(or any small object..i just find the paper clip to be the best and the gel doesnt stick to the rounded surface of the clip). place in the middle of the foil on the shiny side and gently smash it out in a rounder flatter shape instead of just placing the glob on there and smoking as-is...more surface area means more of it gets vaporized initially and u dont end up having to keep the heat there too long eventually burning it(and producing a foul taste).

now get a hollow bic-pen or any other hollow tube that is sturdy enough and also thick/strong enough to resist heat...a fucking straw will not work because the heat from the foil will melt it, trust me.

now get a lighter and place the flame 6-8 inches directly below the glob underneathe aluminum foil and gently raise the flame upwards slowly until u start to hear/see the gel sizzling making sure u have ur tube directly over the gel-glob no further than 0.5inches away inhaling gently the entire time. raise the flame as i mentioned just until u hear it starting to sizzle/vaporize then stop and do not place it any closer...continue to burn the bottom of the foil therfore vaporizing the fentanyl gel until the glob dissapears and stops sizzling and u are left with a small brownish spot on the foil.

inhale some more air on top of this "hit" until ur lungs are full, and hold this in for atleast 6-8 seconds. exhale and repeat. do not take more than 3 or 4 hits without taking a good 5-10 minute break to see how it is affecting u. the fent kicks in before u exhale when done properly however, the effects cumulate with successive hits and its important to give it 5-15 minutes as i stated to see just how fucked u are. fent is powerful and although smoking it is probally the safest way(safer than the dumbass way u just squeezed an entire patch into ur mouth as u said...possibly lethal amount), its sstill dangerous stuff and should not be underestimated.

when done properly you will see why its obvious u were not getting much outta the gel when u took it before because even with a massive tolerance, i can get high EVERYTIME from 4-5 good gel hits off 75mcg/hr patches...meaning there is more than enough gel to get high 7 or 8 times in a single patch and taking an entire patch like you did, if it worked right, would be lethal.

here, i put together a lil guide for ya...

the sandoz brand is the exact generic version of the brand name duragesic fentanyl transdermal system by janssenn. both of those are identical and contain a gel reservoir with fentanyl inside.

you can smoke it or take it sublingually. as for dosage, it depends on your tolerance. be careful.

you can use information from duragesic posts about methods of administration the same way with your patches.

click here if you'd prefer smoking

click here if you'd prefer taking orally

as for IV administration:

when shooting fentanyl, you do NOT use the same process as prepping other opiates. You need to isolate the fentanyl first because of all the other crap in the gel that will fuck you up (not in a good way) and not to mention it is impossible to know exactly how much fentanyl you are shooting up.

as for storing the leftover gel:

the gel will evaporate because of the alcohol that's in there. if you want to save the patch your best bet would be to put it in an airtight ziplock bag and then put it in the fridge. if there's no air in the bag it should last you up to 3 days but I wouldn't go any longer as it'll lose alot of its potency.

using the patch more than once:

every time you take the patch off, the surface of the membrane becomes clogged with dead skin. taking it off and putting it back on a few times will totally lessen the effects to the point where it doesn't even work any more. use the method with the ziplock bag that i mentioned above to store it.

a word about mylan brand patches:

the matrix design of the Mylan generic version of the fentanyl patch is not effective sublingually or orally as opposed to the brand name duragesics where one can easily access the gel for oral or sunglingual abuse.[1]

i always have gotten the gel patch made by watson, i pay $5 for 15 of them a month
never saw the non gel patch

non gel mylands are better for buccal/sublingual/gums
While gel watsons/sandoz/duragesic are good for smokin n wearin

Just FYI.....one of my good friends here in OKC recently died from an overdoase of Fentynal
He was smoking it.
We did ALOT of opiates together and I iknow he had a nice tolerence as Ive seen him Slam 4 80s at once
However, he was smoking them,how much is unknown, and his son came in and found him blue and dead on the floor with all that crap next to him

So, in short, be extremely careful even though I know "it wont happen to you"

Cheers
CD

non gel mylands are better for buccal/sublingual/gums
While gel watsons/sandoz/duragesic are good for smokin n wearin

funny you mentioned this, i went to the pharm where i food shop and asked what patches they carry
they carry the mylans so i am going to try them out and get my next rx filled there. I've smoked fent and felt nothing aside from a light head. And I KNOW i am doing it right, foil, pen tip very close, inhale, etc

Smoking the gel patches works amazing if done properly, i have been through alot of them, and after the first time, smoking it was the only way i wanted to do it, but i have a question for everyone, all the gel patches from where im from are gone, and only the mylan patches remain, I havent found a way to extract it or anything, and as far as wearing it goes, these are much stronger than the gel patches, but i really want to find a way to smoke it, how bad would it be to just cut a quarter of it and litterally smoke it off foil like the gel? I know this is extremely retarded idea, smoking plastic, but plastic that is saturated in fent. it has to work, but how bad of an idea is that? i would like to know because i probably will try this.

vaping the plastic from the Mylan does work, as embaressing as it is, i have done it before (once, and i could not wait any longer for my refill, and the fentanyl w/d was getting bad).

What i did with that mylan was that after i had it in my mouth (buccaly) for about an hour, i vaped the rest of it (which didnt smell the room like burnt plastic that bad, and the taste wasn't absolutely horrible) but i wont recommend doing it since this is a HR forum.

To get the most out of the Mylans, your gonna want to use them buccaly (in between your gum and cheek) and NOT swallowing. Try not to yawn or talk, spit seems to build up very fast that way...and dont stare at food that looks really good! After you feel that the buzz is starting to go away, start to LIGHTLY chew on the Mylan patch, but DON'T let it start to fold up on you..you can still keep it in your mouth and the fentanyl will come out, but its VERY slow and basically not worth it.

btw, put as much of the Mylan in your mouth as possible that you can withstand (dont die, you know your own limits)

I have had Mylan patches for quite awhile now. I normally stick them in my cheek as you suggest but i would like to try and smoke some. Isn't there a better way than smoking the plastic??

I love both. I love bucally the Mylans and Smoking the Sandoz. Since I have a legit script for 50 mcg patches, 10 a month. I just mix and match. I currently have both, some Mylan 50's and Sandoz 50's plus I managed to stock pile a few Mylan 25's which I use for buccal absorbtion. they are left overs from before I jumped up to 50's. It's crazy to think i've had the will poer to stock pile a few but my insurance and dr. overlaps my scripts a lot and doesn't care. Ive ended up with alot of patches at once before.

There are three Fentanyl questions in a row..
all asking how to smoke/snort/iv/eat/plug etc...

Why can't anyone use the damn search engine!?!

I have had Mylan patches for quite awhile now. I normally stick them in my cheek as you suggest but i would like to try and smoke some. Isn't there a better way than smoking the plastic??

don't go smoking the plastic for the love of god, it's toxic. the only better way to smoke them is get the gel patches, plain and simple:\

ok, I have a pretty high narcotic tolerance (was on the gel patch 100mg about a year ago for about 9 months. I have a mylan 25mg patch. How much do you suggest I use? Which is better, cheek and gum or under the tonque?????

which is better for mylan, buccal or subling.?

HELP!!! Pretty good tolerance have 25mg patch how much should i do at a time. the whole 25????

I am not sure, but I think putting the patch on like normal would probably be best, especially if you can find other opiates if the fentanyl itself isn't strong enough for you.

cheek is optimal for the mylans buccal is recommended for fent that is why they make lolli pops and buccal pills and not rapid disolve SL tablets

you could def wear it but if your used to 100ncg gram patches then a 25 prob wont do much so buccal will help but only soo much

True story happening right now. Young guy, less than 40 years old, father of 4 kids, steps into his garage to smoke a fentayl patch. Stops breathing, collapses, is found down 10 minutes later in cardiac arrest. Rushed to the hospital. Permanent, irreversible brain damage. Now in a coma and on life support in the ICU. Best case scenario is that the guy will be a permanent vegetable, that is unless his swelling brain doesn't squeeze down through the base of his skull and kill him more quickly. His kids (ages ranging 2 through about 15 years) came in to the ICU to see their dad who is now being kept alive by machines.

Oh yeah. His wife also just discovered he hadn't been paying the mortgage or car payments. Gee, now that comes as a real surprise: someone abusing fentanyl who has been flushing his kid's financial future down the toilet.

Party on, losers.