• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Sandoz Fentanyl Patch VS Mylan Fentanyl Patch (Eating, Smoking Questions)

Wow. I'm a convert I actually caught a nod!!! I'm baaaaccckk!!! Thanks so much, I've wasted slot in the rig and ur right it's really hard to convert it properly since you never really can gauge the amount of active fent in a "blob" that's why I was breaking down the entire patch and dividing the dose before slamming it but smoking is def the way to go!

ive noticed some people are saying its good to use the mylan non-gel patches orally....but its not, thats only best with the gel...but dangerous...i have the 12mcg and 25 mcg, they are just best worn cuz ive tried any other way....the 12mcg is like a oxy 30 and 25 like 60..........

curious question?

if our tolerence is "pretty" high for opiates.like use to (10-15 30mg. roxis a day!how much of a 75mcg/h fentanyl patch(mylan no gel) would we be able to injest orally just to suck on.can we cut a strip off atn a time without ruining or wasting rest of patch?just curious.:\

there is so much information on here im having trouble pulling out what I want to know and how it would work for me, so I'm just gonna ask my own question.

I was given a 25 fentanyl gel patch. I have never taken fentanyl before but I have a pretty high opiate tolerance (I normally take 3 roxy 30's a day (snorting them); & sometimes a few loratab 10's if I start hurting or withdrawing in the middle of the night. I have been opiate dependant on and off for the last 4 or so years.) And I weigh between 170 and 180.

Given the above facts what would be the best way for me to take this patch? I would prefer to eat the gel, but im open to suggestions. Also, if you could please also tell me what to do with a 75 patch. I am gonna be given one of those sometime in the next few days.

Wow... I have not found such an intensive thread on the best way to use the matrix style patches anywhere else but bluelight. I have to say I was confused for a couple hours searching for info on a sandoz 100mcg/h transdermal patch, that, when I opened/took out of pack looked like a sticker with writing on it. The thing is I have never used a patch before and have only heard reports from individuals using the gel inside one. So I was definately suprised when I opened my patch packet. After a half hour or so of research online I learned I obtained a non/gel patch, but, only saw individuals refering to them as the mylan brand everywhere I looked. After some more searching I am now 100% sure of what I have because I went to Sandoz.com and found my patch... A polymer matrix style patch. Ok, now to my next obstacle... The best way to use it. I am for the most part an IV opiate user, excluding fighting withdraw, and was curious if I could use my patch that way. I stumbled onto "Oxymorphones" amazing extraction method but was very eager to administer part of my patch right away so I cut a piece and stuck it inbetween my gums and cheek, sticky side to cheek. I then saw the debate to wether or not it works buccaly and kind of got a lil' disapointed. Well... after 20-30 min. working it around in there I began to feel much better and definately felt the fentanyl taking effect. I have to say I was a lil' suprised due to my usual vice of IVing dilaudid, heroin, and oxy to a lesser degree. My current use has been about 16mg dilaudid per dose, 4-5 times a day on average but have not had access to them for 3 days. The only thing I came across of in those 3 days was the patch but just couldnt think of any satisfying/fixing way to use it. Well in final... I found a very extensive way to extract for IV which I will attempt soon and second, am now feeling much better from a small piece of a matrix style 100mcg/h patch worked in buccaly. Thank you Bluelight and to everyones posts! I mean it...

Mylan patch also offers an extra 6.8mg per 100mcg patch

non gel mylands are better for buccal/sublingual/gums
While gel watsons/sandoz/duragesic are good for smokin n wearin

I am currently on the Duragesic brand patch 100mcg. I get a much longer and stronger high when I use the matrix compaired to the gel. The gel is much harder to dose or if you cut the patch into 4 pieces, you can't get an equal amount in each. While the duragesic, mylan, and the other matrix patches, if if cut a 100mcg in 4 pieces, you know each quarter piece has 4.2mgs in it. They also give me a high for 3-4 hours at a time. MY tolerance is very high. I get 2 100mcg patches a month & I have an intrathecal pain pump with dilaudid and fent. Intrathecal dose is 300x more potent than an IV dose. I get 25mg of dilaudid & 2.5mg of Fentanyl every hour:)

Last edited:
I am currently on the Duragesic brand patch 100mcg. I get a much longer and stronger high when I use the matrix compaired to the gel. The gel is much harder to dose or if you cut the patch into 4 pieces, you can't get an equal amount in each. While the duragesic, mylan, and the other matrix patches, if if cut a 100mcg in 4 pieces, you know each quarter piece has 4.2mgs in it. They also give me a high for 3-4 hours at a time. MY tolerance is very high. I get 2 100mcg patches a month & I have an intrathecal pain pump with dilaudid and fent. Intrathecal dose is 300x more potent than an IV dose. I get 25mg of dilaudid & 2.5mg of Fentanyl every hour:)

r u trying to brag about how u have cancer n shit and r hooked up to a pump all day? fucking idiot no1 cares

r u trying to brag about how u have cancer n shit and r hooked up to a pump all day? fucking idiot no1 cares

I listed my meds to show my tolerance to avoid the becarful of OD on this amount of Fentanyl. I AM NOT PROUD or ENVIOUS of my Tolerance. I would have givin anything to avoid all the pain, vomitting, and spending weeks at a time livng in the Hospitial. Last I would love for your disrespectful Jackass self to experience the hell me and my family went through.

smoking fentanyl is the only way to go it has almost 100% bio-availability. Its the only thing that comes close to pharmaceutical grade heroin. the only drawback is that fentanyl compound does not have the euphoria of heroin but it has the sustainability and other effects, but most peoples body/brain chemistry are different and some report euphoria with fentanyl. I myself get euphoric on it when I smoke it. the smoke is not poisonous because the gel only contain cellulose and methyl alcohol. That's why smoking it is the best. Ingesting it is stupid and horrible for your liver and actually kills parts of your liver and as for IV'ing that is the most stupidest horrible way. The human liver cannot metabolize methyl alcohol, it can only detoxify ethyl type alcohols. peace,love hope this helps folks wanting to have fun and be safe.

The new sandoz brand generic is totally the bomb. They quit making the sandoz in the gel form,as anybody here that is prescribed them nows this. The reason i say there the bomb is that sandoz simply puts MORE fentanyl in there patches.A 75 mcg/h patch has 12.6 mg's of fenti! If ya where them like a person is supposed to they deliver the same as any other fenti,but--if ya cut them up and put a strip between your upper lip/gums--a small piece will mess you up. It's because there is allmost a factor of twice the dose--hence,a 75 mcg/h patch--as in the case of the name brand and all the generics,have 7.5 MG's of fentanyl.Like i said--the new sandoz have 12.6 mg's of fent.I cut a patch in 5 pieces--put it where i said,don't eat,smoke or drink anything for about an hour and blastoff. I can't believe that nobody has caught this on this website! Just look at the box they come if ya need confirmation.A sandoz 50 mcg/h has 8.4 mg's of fenti--thats more than a 75 from any other manufacturer. Please be carefull--and don't even try this unless you have a tolerance!!! Iv'e been on this stuff for over 10 yrs.---and by putting these new sandoz pathes in your upper lip--your tolerance goes up very fast. I used to cut the mylan into 3 pieces and suck--or lip/gum them for 8 hrs.They won't do diddly for me anymore--not a good thing,thats how powerfull the new sandoz patches are--like i said,darn near a factor of 2.

The new sandoz brand generic is totally the bomb. They quit making the sandoz in the gel form,as anybody here that is prescribed them nows this. The reason i say there the bomb is that sandoz simply puts MORE fentanyl in there patches.A 75 mcg/h patch has 12.6 mg's of fenti! If ya where them like a person is supposed to they deliver the same as any other fenti,but--if ya cut them up and put a strip between your upper lip/gums--a small piece will mess you up. It's because there is allmost a factor of twice the dose--hence,a 75 mcg/h patch--as in the case of the name brand and all the generics,have 7.5 MG's of fentanyl.Like i said--the new sandoz have 12.6 mg's of fent.I cut a patch in 5 pieces--put it where i said,don't eat,smoke or drink anything for about an hour and blastoff. I can't believe that nobody has caught this on this website! Just look at the box they come if ya need confirmation.A sandoz 50 mcg/h has 8.4 mg's of fenti--thats more than a 75 from any other manufacturer. Please be carefull--and don't even try this unless you have a tolerance!!! Iv'e been on this stuff for over 10 yrs.---and by putting these new sandoz pathes in your upper lip--your tolerance goes up very fast. I used to cut the mylan into 3 pieces and suck--or lip/gum them for 8 hrs.They won't do diddly for me anymore--not a good thing,thats how powerfull the new sandoz patches are--like i said,darn near a factor of 2.
What I have found helpful is to VERY gently exfoliate (like you would before applying the patch to your skin) the underside of my tongue with a brand new CLEAN nail file, then hold the IPA in my mouth for 30 seconds before using the patch sublingually. And yes, I find the Sandoz patches stronger, too.

ok say i have 50 mg of methadone in me and im about to score 3 100 mcg patches.... i was thinking a good dose would be about 50 mcg??? i have a pretty high opiate tolerance but not the highest ive seen. should i try maybe 25 mcg first?

I received the sticker fentanyl patches---new ones--can't squeeze anything off.It is like a sticker.No gei.Should I put part of the patch on some foil,apply heat from the bottom and suck the smoke thru the straw.

Fentanyl Patches Sandoz vs Mylan eating, smoking

I received the sticker fentanyl patches---new ones--can't squeeze anything off.It is like a sticker.No gei.Should I put part of the patch on some foil,apply heat from the bottom and suck the smoke thru the straw.

I just thought I would again try to clear up some of the misconceptions about the patches that are currently on the market. There are basically two different types, Gel Resevoir and Matrix Style (no gel).
The Gel are great for smoking and the Matrix for Buccal absorbsion and IV'ing if you know how to properly dose!
If you have the flat (non gel) patch then it is the newer styled matrix patch which was created to lessen the ease of abuse. The gel type patches are starting to be phased out but the Waston brand which are still a gel resevoir patch are available. This is where things get very confusing and I have spent the last few days reserching for a straight answer.
Mylan matrix patch (no gel) 10.2 Mgs fent per 100 mcg/h patch, 5.1 Mgs per 50 mcg/h etc

Sandoz matrix patch (NEW) (no gel) 16.8 Mgs fent per 100 mcg/h patch 12.4 Mgs Fent per 75 mcg/h

Aviva matrix patch mfg by TIVA Systems (no gel) 11.05 Mgs fent per 100 mcg/h.

Watson gel resevoir patch 10.0 Mgs fent per 100 mcg/h

The Durogesic (Name brand) patch that is also a gel resevoir type. I do not know what the active Fentanyl amount is per 100 mcg/h patch. Out of all of the patches I have listed this is the only one that I have not used so I do not know the actual Fentanyl content in Mgs.

The only reason why I list the 100 mcg strength patches is because that is all I have ever been prescribed.

Because of the HUGE difference in actual Fentanyl content I do not know why anyone would settle for anything but Sandoz?? And this difference in actual Fentanyl content is consistent in all 5 different strengths of patches that Sandoz makes, when you compare them to any of the other makers.

One thing I do take issue with is keeping in mind I easily use (again NOT bragging just making a point) at least 40 Mg Dilaudid, 80 Mg Oxy a day and wear (2) 100 mcg fent patches that I change every three days. It was not until I found BL and Oxymorphone's write up how to extract the fent from the Matrix styled patches I was dying from W/D's. Until I read his post I had been using the Sandoz matrix style buccally for over two years. I found I definately got a great high from taking the Matrix style Sandoz and I would cut them into 4 equal sections. I would put one in between my lip and gum like Copehagen being careful not to spit, swallow, talk and the other things mentioned in the other threads. The remaing pieces I would store in a heavy duty zip-Lock bag, making sure to squeeze out all of the air prior to closing. Problem was with the added strength of the Sandoz brand and I had long since quit using them as prescribed I had pushed my tolerance level to an astronomic level. Lately I have not been able to get the Sandoz so I have been extracting the fent through the process on this thread. I would disolve the fent with Vodka ( I like Finlandia myself) but even with using all the entire 10 Mgs in one blast I would not get that great of high and was disappointed. On the other hand with the stronger Sandoz all I can say is be careful I have OD on three seperate occasions when I ended up within an hour putting 1 and 1/2 100 mcg Sandoz patches in my gum and lip.
In closing after using and abusing opiates for over 15 years I personally think that Fentanyl is not the best high out there but the W/D's are almost as bad as bangin "H"
Have fun guys but please stay safe and when in doubt try to get good advice from someone with prior experience!

Last edited:
Sandoz is strongest!!

Sorry but I have to call you out on your numbers. As for the Durogesic I do not know. But I can tell you that the Matrix style Mylan brand 100 mcg patch has only 10.2 Mgs of Fent.
In comparision the Sandoz is 1 and 1/2 times stronger as follows;
Sandoz Matrix style patch
100 mcg/h 16.8 Mg Fent
75 mcg/h 12.6 Mg Fent
50 mcg/h 9.4 Mg Fent
25 mcg/h 6.1 Mg Fent
No explaination why the Sandoz brand obviously has more of the active ingredient is beyond me. I am currently trying to get an answer from the so-called experts. maybe their absorbtion rate is slower so thus leaving an extra amount in the patch. Just saying if you have been using the 100 mcg Mylan patches and get ahold of a 100 mcg Sandoz patch please be careful as I can assure you it is definately stronger than the Mylan brand or any of the others!

Yep, the Sandoz brand and presumably Duragesic (they're made from the same people) with the higher fentanyl content must have adhesive formulations that require that concentration of fentanyl to maintain the nominal flux rate stated by the patch rate (i.e., 50mcg/hr, 100mcg/hr, etc.). Their patches are bigger in size too. This makes sense.

If you've seemingly built up a higher tolerance by using the patches more often than prescribed, i.e., 1 patch/day instead of 2 or 3 days, try wearing it and see what happens. I've found that the equilibrium dosage of fentanyl per hour overcomes twice as a much the dosage of acute use. For example, taking as much opiates as you'd take in a 50mcg/hr for 48 hours in 24 hours is balanced out (for me) by putting on the patch and having a constant dose of 50mcg/hr. It's not just the extraction process; what I'm saying translates to any opiate and fentanyl for which there is cross tolerance.

Sorry but I have to call you out on your numbers. As for the Durogesic I do not know. But I can tell you that the Matrix style Mylan brand 100 mcg patch has only 10.2 Mgs of Fent.
In comparision the Sandoz is 1 and 1/2 times stronger as follows;
Sandoz Matrix style patch
100 mcg/h 16.8 Mg Fent
75 mcg/h 12.6 Mg Fent
50 mcg/h 9.4 Mg Fent
25 mcg/h 6.1 Mg Fent
No explaination why the Sandoz brand obviously has more of the active ingredient is beyond me. I am currently trying to get an answer from the so-called experts. maybe their absorbtion rate is slower so thus leaving an extra amount in the patch. Just saying if you have been using the 100 mcg Mylan patches and get ahold of a 100 mcg Sandoz patch please be careful as I can assure you it is definately stronger than the Mylan brand or any of the others!

I've been real dopesick the past three days and a friend gave me half of a duragesic patch. however, i didn't see any gel in the patch at all like i see in pictures online. i wanted to slam it cause that's my thing but as i said, there was no gel to squeeze out. is it possible since my friend cut it in half the gel evaporated? or do they make patches that don't have visible gel in them?

I use the non gel patches to taper from heroine, and was given some different brands lately.
I found that i hardly noticed anything from some brands, whule others make me nod and feel real good.
Now i found out that there's a massive difference between the brands.
For example:
The Matrifen 50 contains 5.50mg of fent
The Durogesic 50and PCH 50 brands contain 8.4mg of fent, which is pretty common.
But now i got the Sandoz 50's and they contain 11.56mg of fent...

That's quite a difference, for it's more than twice the ammount on the Matrifen patches.
But all of them work 72 hours, so i'm at a loss here...

I think i like the Sandoz best.lol