• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Sandoz Fentanyl Patch VS Mylan Fentanyl Patch (Eating, Smoking Questions)

Lol, go oxymorphone to the rescue! You guys should really hit up his polymer matrix disintegrating thread; most of what could be answered here is already done in his thread.

i have a few of the 50mch made by sandoz. it only takes a little dab to do ya!

so one person is saying buccally does not work with Mylan patches...and another is saying it does.

I recently came into possession a 75mcg Mylan Fentanyl patch and I don't know what to do with it. I'm opiate tolerant to a point...takes about 40mg oc to feel good..and I do that about 4 times a day..so maybe 160mg a day...

if I use the patch the way it's recommended will it be recreational? OR is it only recreational when cut it into strips and used buccally

I saw on another thread that doing that does nothing and is a waste of money and Im very confused now.

Thanks

*I would PREFER to be able to just stick it on my butt or something and be continuously high for the next three days..but I'm guessing that's not gonna happen

so one person is saying buccally does not work with Mylan patches...and another is saying it does.

I recently came into possession a 75mcg Mylan Fentanyl patch and I don't know what to do with it. I'm opiate tolerant to a point...takes about 40mg oc to feel good..and I do that about 4 times a day..so maybe 160mg a day...

if I use the patch the way it's recommended will it be recreational? OR is it only recreational when cut it into strips and used buccally

I saw on another thread that doing that does nothing and is a waste of money and Im very confused now.

Thanks

*I would PREFER to be able to just stick it on my butt or something and be continuously high for the next three days..but I'm guessing that's not gonna happen

With your tolerance I'm not sure how recreational wearing it would be, since the absorption is so slow. When I had zero opioid tolerance wearing a 25 mcg/hr patch was recreational after about 12 hours, but I ended up having to take the patch off since I was too high. When you have an opioid tolerance, wearing the patch to get high isnt a good idea since you can get the fentanyl built up in your system so slowly that you don't really feel a buzz, but you can still end up going into respiratory arrest while sleeping.

It'd probably be more efficient and safer to cut it into pieces and use them buccally. Start slow and work your way up, just to be safe. I find buccal absorption to produce a noticable effect at around 15-30 minutes, just try not to salivate or swallow too much since fent absorbs terribly through the gut.

For these patches the best thing to do is wear them and maybe apply some heat and take a bath. It will give you a nice continued fentanyl buzz that is definitely the safest ROA and they last 3 days. It is much better than wasting them by trying to stick them in your mouth which will not work (and if people report it does it is extremely low efficiency/placebo).

See this here..he says to wear them..that sticking the mylans in your mouth doesn't work...

someone should make a Fentanyl guide..a How To

See this here..he says to wear them..that sticking the mylans in your mouth doesn't work...

someone should make a Fentanyl guide..a How To

I'm pretty sure that the buzz I was getting from buccal administration of patches when I had a 1/2 gram a day dope habit wasn't a placebo. Transdermal administration technically has a higher bioavailability but its too slow to get much of a buzz with any tolerance at all. Buccal administration still has a BA of something like 50%, and I think the majority of posts would testify that yes, it works.

Try searching for "fentanyl mega-thread", if one exists it will be like a how-to.

^nah buddy there's no fent mega thread yet. i've started compiling one at the moment but am adding very slowly. it'll be up sometime this financial year, once i get my tax back from my first years wages on BL;)

if the patch has an adhesive polymer matrix then using it buccally is going to work, but at a less BA, as palli said. around 50% isn't that bad at all considering how potent fentanyl is. oxymorphone just has a thing against buccal fent;) it's the only way i'll take it for "fun".

with a 160mg/day oxy tolerance buccal administration is going to be the way to use it to get high.

Smoking

Drench, rather than actually cutting off strips of the whole patch and smoking them, you can just scrape the glue off and smoke that for the same effects, best done with your thumbnail but noobs might want to use a spoon or knife until they get used to it, however this is still a very bad idea because i have no idea how bad smoking the silicone, dimethicone adhesive is for you, ive done it many times but stopped out of fear for my health.

But after reading several posts on extractions, i came up with my own idea last night...this is similar to the pastry chef method with the sandoz brand, and ill let ya'll know how it works as soon as i try it.

My plan is... to cut the patch into 4 pieces or more, put it in a small pill bottle and pour just enough 91% isopropyl alcohol to cover the pieces, and then get maybe 4 pieces of foil and fold them into kind of a bowl shape, then after the patch has soaked for 3 or more hours (shaking it often) i will take it out, throw it away, and pour the solution into the 4 foil bowl contraptions and then proceed to shine a lamp on them for 4 to 12 hours or longer, however long i need to make absolutely sure all of the alcy has evaporated, dont want to be inhaling that stuff, then whatever is left on the foil i will smoke, and theoretically, should get a strong opiate effect

Last edited:
Just FYI.....one of my good friends here in OKC recently died from an overdoase of Fentynal
He was smoking it.
We did ALOT of opiates together and I iknow he had a nice tolerence as Ive seen him Slam 4 80s at once
However, he was smoking them,how much is unknown, and his son came in and found him blue and dead on the floor with all that crap next to him

So, in short, be extremely careful even though I know "it wont happen to you"

Cheers
CD

So sorry to hear about your friend and feel horrible for the son who found him. That is a scar and memory he will carry with him for the rest of his life. :(

Ok

I completed the extraction, it looks like it has worked, i can see cloudy spots on the foil where the alcohol evaped, which should be the good stuff... however im starting to get cold feet, even though ive smoked the glue balls hundreds of times and had a great effect, i dont want to die, so im not sure if im gonna try it at this point.

in my experience, which when I was doing opiates was anywhere from 60-100mg Oxycodone/day for a year and change, I found the experience of simply wearing a patch better than gumming/cheeking the gel. I came across some 75ug patches one time when I was going through withdrawal... wearing one had me feeling NICE for almost 4 full days. My experience with patches is limited but I liked that a lot better than just doing the gel. more for your money, I guess. I do remember it taking almost 5 hours to REALLY kick in though. For me at that point in time the whole idea behind using patches was because of the prolonged high. I guess it just depends on what you are looking for. For anyone that has a 'medium' based tolerance like I did I recommend just wearing one. When your tolerance isn't that high, cheeking the gel can be unpredictable. my opinion...

You may not be doing anything wrong, you may just be like me and not like the Fentanyl "high" as compared to other opiates. I had the 100mcg Sandoz patchs for a while and did the same thing you did, rubbed some around my gums but also make sure you go under your tongue. .

I think fentanyl could be so dangerous because someone using it wants to get that OC high and they use more and more until they drop dead. I noticed a body buzz more than anything with fentanyl. Once I felt light on my feet I would pretty much give up. Im not a fan of fentanyl.

My extraction worked like a charm... although after takin 5 or so hits i do feel very shaky... this is some bad stuff, i think im only gonna do it to keep out of withdrawl until i get my pills, stay safe, best not to mess with this super powerful, deadly drug.

Nikolai is right, im already well dosed and dont really feel high like i do from OC or even methadone yet i have the desire to smoke more, im not going to though, my breathing is ok but i would probably die if i smoked too much more, people lookin to get a buzz should stay away from this, its only good for w/d.

Im actually kind of scared right now cuz my heart is beating pretty fast now, i hope i dont die, i dont think im gonna do this again, i dont recommend it to anyone.

umm..when doing the extraction...i actually noticed when i looked inside the bottle i soaked the patch in after 3 hours, that it had completley dissolved, so i guess that means i am smoking plastic either way right?

how do you suggest you isolate it?? ive just been diluting the gel with really hot water and dividing the entire dose into a couple rigs, i get the 75mcg gel patches and get two to three good shots out of a single patch.

hey , u seem quite well versed in the fentanyll subject and i'm fairly ashamed that although i'm a nurse for the life of me i just cannot figure out the conversion from slamming my patches to smoking them. I recieve 75mcg every two days and a pal n the hosp pharmy hooks me up with "gently used" 25 or 50mcg patches for the remaining 10 days or untill i fill again for the month. I prepare the entire dose of the 75's into a 5cc rig then mix extremely well and divide that into two good doses, and so on depending on the strength i have at the time. i do this every two days n slam 4mg D's till its patch time again. now, my question is....if this is my routine, how much can i smoke...someone posted "a bb size amt of gel" and somehow i just dont think thats gonna do the trick!!! any help would be well appreciated. Thanks n advance

Ive never slammed it before, so i cant tell you to be exact, but im assuming you have a pretty high tolerance so you should be okay theoretically, when you smoke it you should feel it as soon as you exhale the vapors if done right

if you want to just do a test to be careful, just take a small hit and dont hold it in long, my tolerance is pretty high but yours is probably higher than mine, theres no real way to measure the dose except to just smoke some and see how it works, when i first tried it i had a relativley low tolerance compared to what i have now and i would smoke a whole patch in one night, 25 MCG, but you have 75s, and i recently did an extraction of two 25 MCG patches in one container, evaped it onto 3 pieces of foil, and took one monster hit off the best piece i had and over dosed so be careful

if your going for a buzz this stuff is really easy to OD on, and i personally wouldnt recommend it to anyone, i dont even really like it, but when your starting to get really sick and have absolutley nothing else but fentanyl its hard not to

if your dividing a 75 MCG into two shots, that sounds like quite a hefty dose to me, and smoking it is considered a good way since a good portion of the drug gets destroyed or the vapors go elsewhere when heated, theoretically making it harder to OD, since you feel it right away, theres no real way to do a conversion, if you have the gel patches, just squeeze a small piece out and try it you should be okay, its best to let the gel dry out first though, squeeze some gel onto several pieces of foil and let it dry before u smoke,

and be careful because the high from smoking it only lasts a couple minutes at the most, but you could be well dosed already and make an attempt to get high by smoking more, and over dose