Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy bk-MBDB (Butylone) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackal

Bluelighter
Hi,

I have a friend who is in possession of some bk-MBDB.

Now Erowid is surprisingly short of info on this. http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/bk_mbdb/ - and I cannot come across any solid info by UTFSE.

I like Methylone, almost more than I like MDMA nowdays, so I am pretty tempted by this.

Any wise folks here got experience/learnings on this substance to share?

240px-Bk-MBDB.svg.png

Last edited by a moderator:
B1: By itself, I found this to be a weird trip and not worth exploring further - a strong come-up followed by a clear-headed, somewhat depressed state. Taken as a booster several hours after M1, my wife reported a bad experience, dysphoric. I then gave most of what i had away. Quite some time later, in an adventurous mood and on the advice of a trusted traveler, I tried it in a 1:2 ratio with M1, initial dose 160mg M1 80mg B1 oral followed in a few hours by a couple rectal boosters of 80mg total, combined at the same ratio. This was a very promising trial, and now I really regret having given any away.

Just to be clear you're talking about bk-MBDB and not just MBDB, right DJF? I've heard reports of dysphoria with MBDB a time or two but never with bk-MBDB (if anything its usually claimed to be more euphoric than bk-MDMA).

I thought the use of the term "B1" would make it patently obvious I was referring to bk-MBDB (besides the fact that this thread has nothing to do with MBDB).

Like any of the other untold numbers of white/offwhite powder.

A second trial combining the last of my bk-MBDB with methylone proved that I was an idiot to give any away.

just tried this one for the first time last night

Strange- I have had this one on the backburner for 2 weeks and in a spur-of-the-moment decision last night I consumed a capsule of bk-MBDB and bk-MDMA. Here's my narrative:

t = 9:15pm
t+0 +80mg bk-MBDB +80 bk-MDMA (taken in gelatin capsule).
t+0:45 A couple of alerts, but still +/- at t+1h.
t+1:01 +70mg bk-mbdb (taken wrapped in single ply tissue).
t+1:10 Positive mood lift, slight sense of phenethylamine signature.
t+1:25 Slightly shaky, buzzing, a little gassy (last ate 2 hours ago), positive mindset, significant pupil dilation (75%).
t+1:40 Heart rate 110/min, feel physically stimulated, body sensations are very pleasurable, virtually indistinguishable from MDMA. Emotional and mental effects are less significant.
t+2:10 A fair degree of time dilation- pleasantly both sedated and energetic feelings.
t+2:20 While listening to psychedelic dance music I feel exactly like I'm on MDMA, getting some jaw-tension. Very happy about taking the extra 80mg of bk-MBDB.
t+2:45 Feels like a plateau has been reached. Somewhat dehydrated.
t+3:00 After 20 minutes of euphoric rushes, I got hit with a slight "sketchy" feeling, a non-directional "something's not right". After becoming distracted, the feeling went away. I'm including this mention because it seems like it could have turned into the beginning of a dysphoric episode if allowed to fester. Ultimately it was self-resolving.
t+3:15 Euphoria has mostly dropped off, but still feel pretty good. Senses are heightened.
t+3:45 I would categorize most of the remaining effects as "side effects" or "after effects" because the main experience during the past 2.5 hours was highly euphoric. Effects now are closer to the winding-down of MDMA/MDA type, fairly pleasant glow, but a clear feeling of "I wish I was where I was an hour ago!" Stimulant effects continue on through the next leg of the experience, where 83mg of s-ketamine hcl was insufflated to highly positive effect.
Sleep attempted at t+5:15, wasn't very successful. Risidual stimulation made it impossible to keep my eyes shut. Finally drifted off at about 4:30am, t+7:15.

Overall, the combination of bk-MBDB and bk-MDMA was extremely positive. Having experimented with methylone at "effective" dosage only once before and having been fairly dissapointed in the overwhelmingly dopaminergic response, this combination produced a virtual ringer for MDMA in terms of body sensations and euphoria. The emotional response and mental opening (all-encompassing white light effect)
was not as pronounced as with MDMA, but it was not disappointing or missed as it gave a defining difference to the cathinone analogs. I'll definitely be trying this one again, perhaps at the same ratio ~2:1/b1:m1.

^^ IMO this stuff is way more focused on serotonin/norepinephrine than dopamine. Less jonesing than with M1, but at this point I'm not sure I like it. Can definitely be jittery and dysphoric at times... very tweaky stuff. I don't think I'd take it 'by itself' again.

I had some a while back as well, to me it is the least interesting of the beta ketone analogs. alone it is lacking, but as others have mentioned it does play nice with the other bk-*

I actually think low doses are good for concentration and such... first substance I've found on the RC market that satisfies my personal "stay awake to study" meter, without much temptation to dose higher. But I've been known to reach unusual conclusions about stimulants before ;).

B-U-M-P itty

Mezcal nice .... :) ... more input from other 'nauts please ;)

Set & Setting: At home with G/F
Initial dose: 50mg insufflated
First alert @ T+10
Immediate mood lift with a slight anxious component (standard for me with stims)
T+20 Heart rate: 115bpm [might be the company tho ;) ]
T+40: 50mg insufflated

Initially a little antsy but settled into a MDMA-esque stone ... just chilled out listening to music and chatting. Tails off after 2-3 hrs with no negatives at baseline ... feel fine (not amped).

Butlyone is not dis-similar to Methylone IMO/IME. I'd go as far as to say it's almost identical (at half a standard Methylone dose).

An agreeable substance. Keep the toilet paper handy as it has a weird effect on the bowels. In this instance both of us suffered gastric distress for a short period (30mins or so).

Dosed 2C-B [20mg oral] @ T+180 .... utter confusion for a few hours ... actually more than a few hours :eek:

I did try it Mossy - I was also wondering where the fuck the thread you opened in EADD went to;)

I found it almost exactly the same as Methylone - including the gastric distress (aka the shits;)) which I get on just about any drug for half an hour or so.

Quite pleasant although at the price of it I would go for Methylone anyday.

Better the devil you know and all that!

MDPVagrant said:
^^ IMO this stuff is way more focused on serotonin/norepinephrine than dopamine. Less jonesing than with M1, but at this point I'm not sure I like it. Can definitely be jittery and dysphoric at times... very tweaky stuff. I don't think I'd take it 'by itself' again.

MDMA doesn't work specifically on dopamine either, it's 95% serotonin.

Speedy pills on the other hand...and maybe MDA.

mezcal said:
feel physically stimulated, body sensations are very pleasurable, virtually indistinguishable from MDMA. this combination produced a virtual ringer for MDMA in terms of body sensations and euphoria.

Methylone on its own is good but the peak is too short lived and redosing doesn't bring one to a higher plateau. It sounds like the combination of B1/M1 and subsequent doses can lift one above and beyond what M1 does alone and closer to what MDMA provides.

Why are ppl saying it's almost identical to methylone (/MDMA?), then hinting they still prefer methylone over it? Unless I'm misreading the situation, or applying one person's opinion to the general case.

Fwiw, my short trial of butylone suggests I'm not gonna bother with the stuff again - too tweaky. M1 - I would, but for the price :(.

being an inbred jed, it does its best puttin' cousins to the test, threesome its favorite.

Tried this on new year's day, late in the afternoon.
It's not a "pure" report as such as i'd taken lots of other drugs on NYE night and NY day, but at the point where I took the bk-MBDB I was really only still under the influence of 2-DPMP (5mg, redosed from a previous dose of 7mg), cannabis (1 joint), 2C-B (10mg) and P. cubensis mushrooms (1 gram dried). Of course, the fact that i'd been awake for many hours by this stage, plus the serotonin depletion from my use of MDMA on NYE night (although i'd been using plenty of 5-HTP, preloaded, sideloaded, postloaded etc) would have made a difference too...
Anyway - I found it to be quite speedy. Not nearly as empathogenic as bk-MDMA (Methylone) is. There were a few points where I got slightly concerned with my heartrate, as it was pretty high, and didn't really slow down even when I sat still for 10 mins or so... oh, and it made me shit water for a period of 30 mins or so. Didn't feel *bad* or anything, just needed to is all.
That said it was still plenty enjoyable :) .
Duration was about 3 hours. Come up took around 30 minutes. Was taken orally, in a vegetable gelcap. Dose was 200mg.

Last edited:
MattPsy said:
Tried this on new year's day, late in the afternoon.
It's not a "pure" report as such as i'd taken lots of other drugs on NYE night and NY day, but at the point where I took the bk-MBDB I was really only still under the influence of 2-DPMP (5mg, redosed from a previous dose of 7mg), cannabis (1 joint), 2C-B (10mg) and P. cubensis mushrooms (1 gram dried). Of course, the fact that i'd been awake for many hours by this stage, plus the serotonin depletion from my use of MDMA on NYE night (although i'd been using plenty of 5-HTP, preloaded, sideloaded, postloaded etc) would have made a difference too...
Anyway - I found it to be quite speedy. Not nearly as empathogenic as bk-MDMA (Methylone) is. There were a few points where I got slightly concerned with my heartrate, as it was pretty high, and didn't really slow down even when I sat still for 10 mins or so... oh, and it made me shit water for a period of 30 mins or so. Didn't feel *bad* or anything, just needed to is all.
That said it was still plenty enjoyable :) .
Duration was about 3 hours. Come up took around 30 minutes. Was taken orally, in a vegetable gelcap. Dose was 200mg.

Good report. There seems to be less of a serotonin effect on this one. Would you try it again or prefer Methylone?

nanobrain said:
being an inbred jed, it does its best puttin' cousins to the test, threesome its favorite.
Perhaps... pretty expensive for what it is IMO, and M1 hasn't done much for me since that amazing first-time experience.

Never have been much of a serotonergic type tho... dopamine is more my forte (shrug). Wish I had preferred tickling a different set of receptors actually, as the compulsive aspect of it drives me f'ing batshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.