View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy bk-MBDB (Butylone) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
approx. 250mg is that a little too much do you think? Also how long should one wait between dosing to get the maximum experience?

Every drug affects everyone differently - Suggest you do what most do.. start with a minimum dose (I would say 180-200mg) and if you don't quite get the effect you can up it the next time or top up. Why eat more than you have to, save money and save it for next time. On an empty stomach I can feel the come on after about 30-40 min, peak would be about an hour and half into it. On a full stomach add about 30 or 40 min to those times.

Frequency depends how often you dose, with what (different chems affect different chems in the brain differently), age, how rested you are, general state of health blah blah etc. Everyone is different and how your body reacts changes and evolves. Know thyself.

Too often you'll quickly build up tolerance. My view is it's better to try restrict yourself to a handful of significant parties/events/doofs a year. Me saying that of course that would be the kettle calling the pot black, easier said than done.

Thinking about trying this compound, been researching 4-fa for 3 months and I do believe im done and its time for something new. What's the dosagees? Has anyone plugged it? I did with my 4fa and I wouldn't have it any other way!...im just curious about butylone the effects and everything. :)

This has to be one of my favourite chems. Although on first impressions it can seem like a fairly standard stimulant, a far greater psychedlic lies hidden within.

My advice to anyone wanting to get the most out of this would be to set aside a couple of days and go for an all-nighter with the day after. The trippiness becomes far more pronounced over longer durations of redosing, i reckon a bit of sleep deprivation adds a lot to it. Its kinda subtle in its psychedelia, more like the 2C-xs than acid or tryptamines.

The real beauty though lies is in its interactions, it really does play well with other drugs. Particularly K and MXE, kinda hard to describe but butylone complements dissociatives so very well.

As far as dosage goes, I'd put it in the same kinda territory as mephedrone, maybe a little less potent, 100mg would be a good starting point.

It is NOT SAFE to take MXE when taking BK-MBDB. Please make some research before you go into these unsafe combos.

It is NOT SAFE to take MXE when taking BK-MBDB. Please make some research before you go into these unsafe combos.

What evidence do you have for this? While it might not be wise to take two new RCs together I have heard of no contraindications between the two.

You'd probably be okay if you have a high tolerance to stimulants, but I have had problems with palpitations & long lasting stimulation when mixing various stimulants with mxe. On one occassion a dose of 10mg mxe & 25mg Butylone was ingested & resulted in many hours of discomfort, chest pain, racing heart etc. On another occassion the stimulant was low-dose 4-fa, again the same result & on yet another occassion the stimulant in question was Meph with the same result.

I personally have concluded ALL & ANY experiments combining mxe with any stimulant. I have used very small doses succesfully with aMT. 10mg of mxe & 15mg of aMT. This mix is subtle & is the only mxe combination I have had success with.

Once again, mixing stimulants with mxe is NOT recomended, by me.

Ok, fair enough. I should probably have said that it might not be everyone's thing. I've done it many times and found it to be a very unique and enjoyable combo, that said i tend to treat it as a kind of crossover mix than an ongoing thing, start off with butylone, later on mix the 2 up a bit then end off with just MXE (or K), probably followed by some benzos.

But then, I've been one for doing somewhat dodgy up/down combos for many years, probably not something I'd recommend to everyone.

What evidence do you have for this? While it might not be wise to take two new RCs together I have heard of no contraindications between the two.

So I am telling you the combo is not safe and you want evidence? As I said, search.

So I am telling you the combo is not safe and you want evidence? As I said, search.
See I've done that. From what I've researched MXE has no MAOI activities which is the main issue when taking stimulants. Similarly I don't believe MXE acts on Serotonin so there should be know issue with Serotonin syndrome. Perhaps some people have found the combination unsavory but I have found no evidence to support that it is UNSAFE, which is why I was asking if you could provide evidence.

Also if we want to talk about similar compounds MDMA and Ketamine is safe. MDMA and MXE is also safe as far as I know. Ketamine and Methylone is safe. Methylone and MXE is safe.

Last edited:
I combined MDMA and MXE and had a good experience, but with one rather worrying side effect. I railed about 50-60mg, then right after ate about 150mg of MDMA. I felt great and watched Baraka and had a very thoughtful trip but noticed after about 2 hours, I had the feeling I was overheating. I wasn't sweating but I was getting this burning sensation like I was cooking on the inside as if the temperature internally was very hot, but my bodies natural cooling mechanism was turned off.

I drank some water and didn't move around a lot and the feeling went away as the trip died down, but it did have me a bit worried as K + E doesn't give me that sensation at all.

See I've done that. From what I've researched MXE has no MAOI activities which is the main issue when taking stimulants. Similarly I don't believe MXE acts on Serotonin so there should be know issue with Serotonin syndrome. Perhaps some people have found the combination unsavory but I have found no evidence to support that it is UNSAFE, which is why I was asking if you could provide evidence.

Also if we want to talk about similar compounds MDMA and Ketamine is safe. MDMA and MXE is also safe as far as I know. Ketamine and Methylone is safe. Methylone and MXE is safe.

Comparing it with Ketamine's safety profile is completely wrong imo. Ketamine is a similar chemical but Ketamine has been proven to be both a Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor and Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitor - however for both its effects are incredibly mild, meaning that at regular doses there is no reason it shouldn't be combined with stimulants or serotonin releasers.

With Methoxetamine we don't know how it affects these chemicals, but from what we know we can assume that unlike Ketamine, MXE's Dopamine Reuptake Inhibition action is rather strong and significant, explaining MXE's stimulant effects. If it has a lot more DARI action than Ketamine, it's also possibly it could have greater SRI action and be dangerous.

The fact that almost all of the dangerous interactions in combinations with MXE have involved involved serotonin releasers (including the first reported death, which was a combination of MXE + MDAI) - I'd be a little suspicious and err on the side of the caution. Many people have reported that at the very least these combinations felt unpleasant, and they experienced much worse side-effects than taking either drug alone.

Of course, there is no evidence to say it has significant action on serotonin, but this is not something to go putting your life at risk for. Wait until there's more data, and look to other combinations in the mean time imo.

I have had mild serotonin syndrome from mixing MXE with butylone; don't do that.

Don't try smoking butylone either - it will make you throw up. Really crappy RC, IMO.

Last edited:
There has been a change of policy and a few compounds that are mostly stimulant and have really passed the initial 'research' stage should now only be discussed in OD, where it should not be a new topic. It's time to draw a line.

Let this be archived anywhere (now in PD), and if you have pressing questions that are related to this thread - please quote them in the OD megathread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.