View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy bk-MBDB (Butylone) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ hmm usually with empathogens the higher the dose the more "speedy" effects get amplified. I once took 200 mg of M1 and while the peak was great i found it didn't have much more empathogenisis than 150, but it did have a stronger and more prolonged excess stimulation. The reason I don't want to take more than 150 of B1 is because 150 is jittery as hell, i most definitely don't want to get more jitters.

Thats interesting, it gets complicated because b1 seems to be quite hit and miss with people, as in less consistent with subjective effects compared to mdma. I suspect B1 has different pharmacokinetics than M1. For example, IME 100mg of B1 has quite alot of stimulation, and at 230mg it's stronger, but not by a large amount as you might expect. I have found B1 is mostly stimulating at smaller doses(>100mg) and after that a threshold is reached where a significant amount of serotonin is released which may explain why many people have reported stimulation and anxiety without any glowing warm effects at repeated smaller doses.

I also suspect B1 has low dopamine activity, therefore another reason why a large dose may be required to get significant enough dopamine release to bring out the euphoria. Hence why also at higher doses the drug may almost take on a new character. It could be risky, but say a 150mg+ may not increase stimulation much, but instead activate more SE and DA which could overcome the anxiety, therefore yield a more positive effect. To me this becomes apparent on the comeup, the first effects are just plain stimulation and anxiety, and after an hour of ingestion, the stimulation becomes more background as the SE and DA component becomes dominant, easing the anxiety.

Last edited:
^^ interesting indeed. Kind of like taking a sub-breakthrough dose of MDMA, say 60mg (I get good empathy at 90mg). All it would do is give you an annoying stimulation, but when you reach that breaking point the 5-HT/DA gates open and your flooded with comfort and empathy. Maybe the B1 threshold is just a lot higher and you have to go through a whole lot more jitters to get there. Whereas the come-up of MDMA has some definite jitters before you're eased into bliss, B1 could work the same way, just there's an amplified jitteryness effect before the bliss.

Is there more empathy than MDMA? There seems to be more jitters, just wondering if more jitters during come-up indicates more empathy upon breakthrough. I'm probably going to revisit B1. It felt like it had potential, like there was something there. It seems to have a depth to it. That 150mg dose i did felt very honest. I was able to see certain things about myself but there was no accompanying euphoria to cloud up the works like with MDMA, i felt this odd kind of depression, not sad, comfortable in a way, but "down". Next time i do it it will be earlier in the day so I'm not up all through the night and next day if i get that excess stimulation.

What dose does it take you to get that breakthrough effect? When i revisit it i think i might dose 200mg

I find it "weird" sort of pyschedelia edges mixed with empathogenic and stimulant feelings. It gave me a profound feeling of calm however. But not alot of real euphoria.

when mixed with 4-MMC...it was just weird and slightly dysphoric with minor OEVs.

I still have the better part of a gram of this stuff, and may expierment with it a bit more.

I dont see a whole lot of potential from this stuff tho.

What dose does it take you to get that breakthrough effect? When i revisit it i think i might dose 200mg

A friend of mine whom is around 65-70kg tried 200mg last night, and to me he did not appear "over" stimulated anymore than you would expect from an average dose. He certainly felt uneasy in moments, but as long as we were actually doing something, he really enjoyed it. It's not a sit around at home drug thats for sure. He still only found it mildly euphoric, but quite socially empathetic and warm, he just came out and told me all about his feelings, which was really constructive, maybe you don't need the euphoria for it to have a profound effect. I get the feeling even at high doses the euphoria is definitely still not going to be as strong as MDMA, so don't expect that, just take it for what it is. One "pro" of this drug is it has alot less of a hangover than mdma, so what it lacks in, it makes up for in other ways.

Of course B1 has alot of potential...... It's all about getting the "set & setting" right to compliment the specific effects. It doesn't simply force you to feel good in any situation like mdma can. So i believe if you have a great time on this stuff, its feels more natural.

^^definitely more authentic. the overhwelming euphoria of MDMA as great as it may be, really does distract you from getting true realizations.
Most of my tripping in winter is lying down on the couch or floor at home and listening to music.
When I do this one again it will definitely be on a nice day doing something active outside like riding my bike or hiking. I'll agree with you that it's not a sit at home drug.

In my experience with bk-MBDB I loved the first peak, and then it fell off rather quickly for my tastes. Every time you redose you get another hour long rush followed by 2 hours of comedown. Nice experience but I did not get very much empathy and my jaw pain was terrible because I forgot gum.

^ What route was that taken and at what doses?

220mg orally for me actually didn't have much of a peak at all, rather it seemed to quickly settle in a consistent plateau an hour after ingestion that lasted a solid 3 hours, then slowly subsided for the next 2 hours.

Are people expecting it to be too much like MDMA? I think B1 deserves credit in it's own right.

IME doesn't mix well with MDMA in a dose regime of 30mg's of MDMA with 40mgs of bk-MBDB both insufflated together.

Not a good synergy, as I felt for the first 30-60mins they were competing with each other, rather than complimenting. Felt more like I was just on a higher dose of B1 rather than mdma. I was hoping the mdma would ease the edginess of B1, but instead it amplified it. The peak of the MDMA (very mild one) didn't last as long as expect if taken alone. It wasn't until the b1 wore off a bit that the mdma started to shine through. I suspect mdma has a larger half life than b1, giving the mdma a chance towards the middle to the end of the experience.

If I were to try again, I would leave taking the B1 till I start coming off the peak of the mdma. This is still risky since B1 has little dopamine activity, you could be just asking for anxiety.

I'm not really sure what you guys are talking about to be honest - I might just simply be waay off though, but isn't both bk-mdma and bk-mbdb supposed to be selective serotonin relasers with no effect on the dopaminergic and noradrenalin release mechanisms.

(and therefore also no neurotoxicity if one is to belive that what is causing the neurotoxicity is the inapporpriate reuptake of dopamine into the serotonergic neurons)

My reasons for believing that lies in this rapport:

http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/wo.jsp?wo=2007069925&IA=WO2007069925&DISPLAY=DESC

I might just simply be waay off though, but isn't both bk-mdma and bk-mbdb supposed to be selective serotonin relasers with no effect on the dopaminergic and noradrenalin release mechanisms.

You were indeed mislead. Both bk-mdma and bk-mbdb are more selective for dopamine and NE than MDMA (bk-mbdb sounding like the worst offender...but I don't think that the receptor affinities have yet been established).

More selective 5ht releasers include: MBDB, IAP, MDAI, MMAI, and others.
Questions:
Some people (a minority) find bk-MBDB to complement bk-mdma when the two are taken in combination. How so? In theory, this should make bk-mdma even more of a flawed, jittery animal (post-peak).

For those who suggest approaching bk-mbdb as "its own thing", not mdma-like, what is that 'thing'? It sounds almost like a vanilla classical stimulant.

ebola

^ 300mg of bk-mdma to 80mg of bk-mbdb yielded a beautiful experience! It was simply awesome, well tolerated amongst the 5 people who consumed this combo. It had its own unique character, but also shared alot of similarity's with a reasonable hit of mdma. I typically get anxiety of B1 alone, but in combination with M1 this soon is vanished and creates a really smooth ride. I swear even at 380mg of total material, the side effects are still lower than that of say 100-120mg of mdma.

You were indeed mislead. Both bk-mdma and bk-mbdb are more selective for dopamine and NE than MDMA (bk-mbdb sounding like the worst offender...but I don't think that the receptor affinities have yet been established).

From subjective experience alone, I feel bk-mbdb has weak affinity for dopamine uptake and instead quite selective for the SE and NE reuptake inhibition. Hence why adding bk-mdma brings in that DA character that more closely resembles the experience of mdma.

I recently acquired both Methylone and Butylone. However I have just started a SSRI course, for 1 week now. 50mg Sertraline. Does this mean the effects of both will be blocked? And yes I understand that the reason I"m on SSRI's in the first place is probably because my serotonin levels are messed up. I'm just curious if they would have an effect, albeit perhaps requiring larger doses.

got some from a supplier
was told it was methylone but never got the euphoria like with M1
it was short empath and very stimulating this has to be B1 right?

Doubtful. If you bought it from a supplier and the bag is labelled bk-MDMA you've got M1. I've never heard of a company mislabelling chems; that would be a really piss poor practice.

Drugs affect different people differently, maybe you just don't get great effects from M1. With me I find it very speedy with a little bit of empathy. Not really anything to write home about. If you're looking for a substitute for MDMA, these chemicals are not it and IMO there is no substitute for real MDMA.

Is B1 soluable in water and at what concentrations? Has anyone tried rectally and at what doses?

The M1/B1 combo sounds very interesting to me since I have both on the way. I will have to try separately then combine.

Has anyone tried smoking or snorting 30-50 mg of DPT on the come down of a 150 mg dose of b1?
It seems like the tryptamine afterglow might help with the butylone crash?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.