• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Tell a funny story about failing with no excuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
>>
I enjoyed the subject a lot, but we had to do "homework" excericises that we needed to hand in every class. Fuck that, I'm not going back to school!
>>

I think that this kinda shit shouldn't appear at university.
I'm geeky enough that I found syntax interesting though. :)

>>
ps. I totally agree that school has nothing to do with learning and everythng to do with knowing how to manipulate bureaucracy and useless information.>>

It depends...well, on the people involved, right? The thing is, large universities select for professors who can research, not professors who can teach.

A time when I had an excuse to fail but didn't:

Finals week rolls around, and I have a final in intro to macro-econ. It's a big lecture class with a big multiple choice test. I am convinced that the test is at 2pm on Wed. On a whim, I double-check my finals schedule on Tues. I find that the test is currently occuring! I roll on into class when the test is 2/3 over (of course having done zero studying for it), and luckily the prof lets me take it (some had already finished at that point). I do fine and am not accused of cheating. Yay!

ebola

failing with no excuse? it's called calculus. that is, unless boredom is considered an excuse.

Oh this I can totally get behind. I love stories of failure because they're really such great opportunity to learn for future success. Bouncing back from failure is the best possible investment one could make in themselves ever. What better way to learn how to become resilient in the face of life's inherent adversity?

Went from having a high GPA in high school to finishing my first semester of college with a 1.29/4 or something. Got the best advice ever from my dad, "Son, whatever you do don't smoke weed before 5pm." I took his advice to heart, and the following semester got As and Bs (and continues so until graduation, despite developing a taste for heroin - that's a whole other story of failure/success!).

There is much wisdom in 5-o-clock cocktail hour :)

Status
Not open for further replies.