• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

GBL/GHB Addiction/withdrawal.

mukaki

Bluelighter
Hey, first post, so be nice :)

The past 3 weeks I have done some gbl everyday, about 5-6 ml, sometimes more, sometimes less. I have always been careful to take breaks of at least 12-14 hours, but never more than 24, between each session. So basically my schedule goes something like this:

t +0 - 1,5 ml
t +1 - 1 ml
t +2,5 - 1,5 ml
t +6 - 1ml
--- break ---
t +18 - 1,5ml

And so on. So, my question is this: Is this a road to addiction? Or will I, without escalating my usage, be able to stop without any withdrawals. Today I have felt like having a very mild alcohol hangover. It doesn't really bother me at all, but I would love to know if it's the start of an abuse problem or simply what it feels like: a mild hangover.

Hope it makes sense :)

i was doing 2.1ml a day for about 2 weeks and decided it was too much, and i wasnt even feeling any euphoria :( i havent had any since wednesday and i feel ok, a bit anxious maybe but i'm determined not to have any for at least another week

You will probably have the same WD symptoms as a benzo addict or an Alcoholic when you cease your use once your hooked.

narco anonomous said:

Can you be a bit more specific? Is the 12-16 hour waiting period between last dose of a session and first dose of a new one not sufficient? Is so, what is a sufficient waiting period?

I should propably mention that each session is 4-10 hours, with most of them being about 5-6 hours.

Are you asking if your going to get addicted to GHB if your using it multiple times a day?

If that's the case it sounds like your already addicted................

MethaContin said:
If that's the case it sounds like your already addicted................

I really don't know what to say. Most of the stories I have read about gbl addictions have been with people using 24/7. That is, every few hours, for a couple of weeks and only then experiencing withdrawals. I never use gbl to sleep on, and I am able to sleep naturally so I really don't know. Do you have any qualified opinion about this?

I have never really read about withdrawals after use which has not been 24/7 for at least a couple of days. Maybe alt.drugs.ghb just isn't the right place to look?

Try to look at erowid.org they have lots of information on all different drugs, becareful using that shit daily.

12 hours isn't much of a break for any drug, really! If you want to avoid physical dependence you are going to have to increase that to at least longer than the time to get the drug out of your body. Even that won't necessarily help you avoid psychological dependence.

hfrs said:
12 hours isn't much of a break for any drug, really! If you want to avoid physical dependence you are going to have to increase that to at least longer than the time to get the drug out of your body. Even that won't necessarily help you avoid psychological dependence.

I have read that GHB withdrawals starts within the first 6 hours, doesn't that mean that a 6 hour break should be sufficient?

No, as long as there is still drug in your body, it will be having some effect- even if it isn't noticeable to you. You would have to look up the specific half life and metabolism of the drug to get a more exact answer. Once you have the half life, you can calculate it. A lot of people think about half lives incorrectly, so I'll explain a little quickly,

Say the half life is 12 hours, then at 12 h half of your dose is gone. In another half life, another 12 hours, half of what is left will be gone, so at that point you are at a quarter. In another 12 hours half again will be gone. You can't think of it like if the half life is 12 h that it takes 24 to leave, doesn't work like that, it's exponential.

Go for a couple days without it and see how you feel. Are you still getting an effect from your 1.5ml doses or are you taking them to feel normal?

I only realised yesterday that I've been having some everyday including at night, I'm getting bored with it though it's just become a habit.

The halflife of ghb is 22-28 minutes. I'm not really sure how to calculate it from here, but certainly 6 hours seems like enough?

Wow, i knew it was short but didn't think it was that short! As long as there are no active metabolites, and I don't think there are it should be pretty close to long enough if it isn't enough. You're still going to be risking the psych addiction with breaks that short. From the report i've read of other users, i think they have run into physical problems with breaks this short. It shouldn't happen if the drug is gone, but I would read everything i could before continuing on the path you're on. It also could be that the people reporting physcial withdrawal are really experiencing psych withdrawal, that can be hard to distinguish at times~!

It's not that 6 hours "break" is long enough or not (IMHO, to avoid physical withdrawal is enough), but why are you using it so often. Keep that up, and one day you will go like "yeah, I'll skip my break today" and before you know it...

well, you might imagine how it goes.

Yeah, I know. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to keep this up, someday I won't find as interesting, but right now it's helping me with some suicidal feelings at times. The most important thing with using GBL this much is, as far as I'm concerned, to never use it to sleep on, as long as I always sleep sober, the 6 hour break is not really something to worry about. It's not as if I try to keep breaks of 6-12 hours, I just noticed that I naturally have them. I really just wanted some closure about the withdrawals.

I forgot to post the link from which I took the halflife: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/418321_3

suicidal feelings? taking GHB to get away from those?my dear friend, see a therapist, a shrink or whatever.

GHB when used to mask negative feelings (or any other drug for that matter) is going to ass rape you in the long run. I should know. But specially, GHB. Suicidal feelings are a piece of cake in comparison to what you can feel after a serious withdrawal.

This is not a drug to be fucked with. If you can take it recreationally and sporadically, alright. IF you're taking it cause life sucks...well...

DON'T.

dude, seriously...
You're throwing stuff in your body on an hourly base and ask if that is a road to addiction?

think about that for a second ;)

QUIT THE FUCK NOW BEFORE IT'S TO LATE!
And also see a therapist for your suicidal thing, get some real help!

good luck my friend, stay safe

You will have withdrawals, but they are NOT NEAR as LONG and as fucking HARSH as Opioid Withdrawals specifically Oxycodone. I wish I would have just stuck to using G.

I kicked a 6 month 24/7 GHB Habit in a few days with some Lorazepam and Diazepam for the panic and anxiety, that was it. In about two weeks I was completely back to baseline.