• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need advice on klonopin withdrawal

Is that bad?????????? Take a 0.25 mg of Clonazepam man.......... even if you dont feel it , it will prevent seizures.

^ According to post #15 the guy is fine. He doesn't need another .25mg now. It's already been over 80 hours since his last dose. I figured he'd be okay since he kept his dose in check. Clonazepam isn't the worst benzo to kick in comparison to all of them. I think something with a short half-life like alprazolam has the potential to give you nasty acute withdrawal.

.25mg is good to have on hand in case you start experiencing some serious physical withdrawal symptoms, but if your intention is to quit, you shouldn't take it unless you feel you are in physical danger.

Yep, sonic is right. But when he said' Welcome to planet motherfucker....' I though he meant he was feeling real bad so I advised him to take a 0.25.

i guess im too late.. but you really shouldnt taper benzos by yourself and if some shit like this happens you HAVE TO tell the doc. In some situations this can be lethal and benzos should be decreased very slowly if you've been taking them for more than a month or two. All you really have to do is tell the doc and you would *prolly* not have to do a CT withdrawal with your klonopin...

Im pretty much over it now, felt shitty for a few days but nothing like kicking opiates. I had a few panic attacks but Id just drink a few beers and feel ok. As far as telling my doc what happened I doubt he'd believe me, since I have a history of substance abuse, and I dont want him to think Im abusing it, get taken off of it.

Smart thing, your good now that you made it past these few days, just wait for your next script, good luck!

So OK the thread has been bumped twice so I'm going to jump on the opportunity.

I'm trying to come off Clonazepam AND Tramadol at the same time. I'm not sure the reasons as to why I first started the trams and then the Clonazepam need to be explained and I'm not sure this is the best move I can make, but I have this urgency right now to move on with my life and lay off ALL the drugs (recreational or not).

Fact is that I started taking trams in last September and Clonazepam one month ago.

I tried Tramadol at variable doses but the best for me, as an A/D, was in the 50-100 mg range. Tried way over it but didn't like it at all when the opiate effects become too prominent: I like uppers and dislike downers and finding myself nodding off 400 mg and itching Tramadol just did not feel right. I've already tried too withdraw from Tramadol, and beside the crazy RLS stuff and the bad sleep, after only a few weeks at this dose, that was pretty much manageable. But I always went back to Tram, because I feelt to depressed without it.

I started Clonazepam around Christmas and used it pretty much every day since then: to help with my sleep, with the stress and also as a mean to come down from an epic coke binge around NYE. Yeah I know, coke and Tramadol is a big no-no, but I wanted to have it off right? Dose ranging from 1mg /day to maybe 2.5 mg per day.

I decided on very short notice, i.e. Tuesday, 3 days ago, that I had to get off these drugs. First I felt that my depression had improved a lot lately, and that I had been able, at last, to take the right decisions (such as making the decision to lay off ALL drugs for a while, including the recreational ones). And secondly, horrifically enough, because my Tramadol supply stopped abruptely after my mother, probably, took notice of how fast her Tramadol supply had been dwindling lately and took (still probably) the step to hide it in some other place or plainly put it away. Of course, this was NOT to be asked, bc, the sheer fact of inquiring would have immediately given me away to her. Not too smart, but why not take the opportunity to discontinue it, once and for all.

So here I am: I discontinued Tramadol on Tuesday. I am actually surprised as to how easily I've gotten away with it so far. Maybe the Clonazepam (and a few Alprazolam tabs added in the mix) must have help with the crazy restless leg syndrome, that I had experienced the previous times.

And in a boldly move, I also decided to discontinue the Clonazepam the same day. I.e. I decided that my last dose would be the one I had taken on Monday. Here the story gets a bit more twisted.

After being unable to sleep at all on Wednesday night and until 5 am on Thursday night I got mad and decided to take 0.5 mg to see if that would help with the insomnia. It did, and I slept till 1 pm (thank God I could afford it that day...).

Yesterday I went to bed at 11pm and waited but sleep was again elusive. Around 1 am I went mad again but decided to go with half a bottle of red wine. Never mind that what should have been one bottle of wine turned into the whole bottle, at least I was able to have 4 hours of bad, agitated sleep. And a bad hangover the following morning, unable to stay up and having to call in sick at work. Around 1pm, I felt better, did a little cleaning in my home and even decided to work at the library from 4pm.

This is where it gets really wierd because around that time I really felt like I was coming on a mix of speed/MDMA:
- dry mouth
- ridiculously enlarged pupils. If you want to have an idea of how large just check at my avatar: but instead of being dilated in full light, MDMA-wise, my pupils were only shockingly enlarged only in semi dark surroundings
- I noted that at 4 pm I had not eaten since yesterday but did not felt hungry. I forced myself to eat something though
- breathing felt hugely pleasurable just as it is on any stim I know, esp. in the cold air (just above the freezing point today here)
- a wave of euphoria around the time I was supposed to check into the library.
- tongue constantly pressing against the teeth and the ceilling which is a dead giveaway of stim use for people who know me.

Is that really atypical for a benzo withdrawal? That is if my withdrawal started at all given that I took 0.5 mg again less than 48 hours ago. Or could that be the mix of withdrawing simultaneously from Tram and benzo? Or is that yet another hint that I am really over the depression?

I don't mind being fucked up and sleepless for the week-end. The thing is: I need to be top notch next Tuesday, when I am going to adress an amphitheater full of students talking about materials I only just learned in the last 2 weeks...

If any onyone could enlighten me...

Last edited:
OK, after reading a few other posts here, I have to come to the conclusion that I have not yet withdrawn from the Clo. Shoot! I feel I am not going to make it OK for Tuesday. Damnit...

OK, a few new developments:
- strong tinnitus, esp. in the left ear, as if water was boiling in boiling pot a few inches away from me
- right arm a bit shaky, jittery: it now seems to have a life of its own
- left arm and chest feeling a bit pressured as if on a tail end of a stim binge
- feeling hot and then sweaty
- and as expected, and despite again some wine, absolutely no sleep in sight.

What amazes me the most is the fact that I seem to get some physical withdrawal symptoms, whereas anxiety stays at an absolute ZERO: I would even say, that, given the circumstances I'm in a very good mood...

My God, this thread is dead as a doorknob! But I'm going to keep you fellow BLers posted nevertheless.

So far so good. A few minor physical symptoms (diarrhea has kicked in, not sure if it's related to either K or Tram or something else) and absolutely no anxiety whatsoever. This is 4 days post last Tram and 60 hours my last "minute" amount (0.5 mg) of K. I even went grocery shopping and felt a bit scattered and bumping things and people (d'uh!), but nothing serious really.

I hope I can get away like that.

Cheers!

Thx for the advice. I'll have to take a trip to GNC. The bad thing is someone stole most of my script, but you cant tell a doctor that. I was partying at a friends house, had a few too many shots, pass out, wake up, pill bottle is on the table with about 6 pills left, out of 50. I cant get my script filled again until the 24th. I may not start taking them again anyway, I hate being dependent on the shit.

WOW!!!!! and you still call them friends. That's F'd up.

you are not alone!!! i cannot even count how many times my friends and boyfriend stole my klonopin

dear friends, I guess I can surely state that if there are people w/ benzo dependence, WD and all that horrible stuff , when u are just a slave to a pill, I AM DEFINITELY one of them.
I am Legally RX'd Kolonopin 2 mg tab; with Sig: 1/2(half0 atablet qd.But of course I need more..I was taking ~4 mg/day..when I ran out, I had to buy it(or any other nezo like Phenazepam/Alprazolam). And I Think thats horrible that I know where to get more...((...Being Russian in NYC is to be able to buy all that crap..Maybe I do need to lose my source,so I can wean off...(ADMIN: THIS IS NOT A SUGGESTION/SOLICITATION ATTEMPT TO CELL DRUGS!)

nOW WHAT DO U HAVE TO DO:
1. iF U HAVE INSURANCE:put yourself into detox,DO NOT play with BZD wd..
2. Go to ER and tell them u are having a panick attack(or worse)
3.Listening to how "u're not alone" is nice, but WILL NOT help u if u have a seizure(God forbid)...

I have been on Klonopin for 4 years and benzos for roughly 6 and here is my advice bzamp. Go to a different doctor that isn't afraid to give you higher doses of benzos because why waste money and potentially your freedom when you can do it legally with a bit of effort?

A detox for benzos is a joke IME, instead ask your Dr. to taper you, if he is an idiot, go to a different one. Try to get on Valium if you want to wean off or even phenobarbital to avoid having seizures and it helps with anxiety as well. I would rather die than go to the ER and even though I have experienced benzo wd multiple times, I honestly think you would be labeled as a drug seeker in reality and come home without anything. I say this because I went to the ER because of stomach pain and made the mistake of telling them I was formerly a drug addict. I came home with a script for 800mg of ibuprofen and that was it. Benzo wd is a hell of a lot worse than opiate wd, but unless you are taking huge amounts of benzos and/or have a history of seizures, you will likely be alright, but benzo wd truly is a medical emergency and should not be taken lightly, but with the right preparation, tapering, and doctor, you can quit benzos.

I was on benzos for at least 25 years and last winter an APN started to force me off them. I tried to find someone who wasn't an absolute moron but no one would prescribe because she labeled me drug seeking and I didn't know who to go to out of pocket here.

it was a nightmare and it still isn't over. I wrote a post about it in the introduction forum but it isn't there anymore according to the search.

I was in the hospital, I had to tell them I was suicidal in order to be admitted. that was after about 4 ER visits. I was in the psych ward for 8 or 9 or 10 days.

I hate them for putting me through all of it. I don't think they ever should have taken me off. I nearly died, I was up for 10 days straight. I had not wanted to go inpatient for this. I had no idea how bad it would get. I was hallucinating, sick in every way, sleepless, terrified, it's impossible to really describe.

Lately more than ever I have been craving benzos because they are the only thing that ever helped me with a specific problem. also I have very bad anxiety again.

I had been sometimes for a few years running on incredibly high doses. at one point I was taking 26 and more mgs klonopin per day and drinking with it.

It was already a part of my brain chemistry permanently I think. They never should have forced me off it. I hate them for it.

If you want to get off them and it's your choice, I think you can. But if you're like me, that's a different story.

woooow never go benzo cold turkey, been there, if u don't want to go through one of the (or probably the) most awful period of your life I STRONGLY suggest to tamper off really slow. The mental and physical side effects are really bad. I was extremely paranoid, I couldn't smoke one cigarette without getting an anxiety attack. (take into account that i was a heavy smoker that time). And I'm not even gonna start about the uncontrollable tremors and tics whereby i couldn't get a descend night's rest for a practically one month.

I was going CT on xanax that time which is very short acting.. Rivotril will be equally horrific but the pro is that is very long lasting in your system so u could quite easily steady yourself without having to much of unbearable side effects..

Lowering dosage in 0.25 mg's if possible per 2 weeks minimum. Or get a replacement benzo that also has a very long half life like Prazepam or Diazepam, those are in my opinion the best for lowering your usage and eventually end it.

Omg, doctors know better. I am currently taking 4 mgs of clonazepam and 2 xan bars a day. I have been upped throughout the years, (15), the only way to stop if possible, because some ppl will always have to take some is to taper down at .25mgs of clonazepamclonazepam

Omg, doctors know better. I am currently taking 4 mgs of clonazepam and 2 xan bars a day. I have been upped throughout the years, (15), the only way to stop if possible, because some ppl will always have to take some is to taper down at .25mgs of
clonazepam every 4 weeks. That is insane of those doctors, much less you can have a seizure and possibly die. There is a non narcotic medicine that helps with withdrawals, i will ask my pharmacist