• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Nitrous inhalation methods and dosage

cobra12au

Bluelighter
I have read large numbers of trip reports etc on nitrous, and the main methods of inhalation (from a balloon or cream charger) involve either breathing out totally, and then breathing in, and holding that for as long as possible, OR breathing out, and then breathing in and out of the balloon.

When I tried nitrous, I tried both of these methods, and got to the stage of anaesthesia of my body (in that my face (skin in general) was less sensitive to touch, similarly to the 'drunk, cant feel face' feeling). I didn't however, reach what has been described as 'stage 2', with significant euphoria/auditory hallucinations. When I did it, I only ever did 1 whippit (8g) at a time, without a period of atleast 5-10 minutes in between while any effects wore off.

I was wondering if it was my method of inhalation which was responsible for never being able to achieve this (I when i held my breath, I didnt hold it for as long as i could, but as long as i conciously felt comfortable doing so, considering the risk of hypoxia), or if it was the quantity I did, as I have read frequently about people having balloons one after another in a row. Unfortunately I have found people go less into less detail about their specific inhalation method when they detail having multiple balloons. I also do not want to have multiple balloons without oxygen in between. How would breathing oxygen (which I will not consider avoiding, at all) have affected what results I achieved.

I have tried searching for specific dosages, but it is difficult to find info on how much is needed for what effects (this will obviously vary between people aswell), and also inhalation methods are not often outlined very specifically.

If anyone can help explain, even just account how they have done it in the past, then I would be happy.

P.S. I have also found that nitrous does not have the same information base on the net compared to a lot of other drugs, most of the information on different sites is the sames stuff reworded, or directly copied.

When I do nitrous i like to do it in a cream charger, i will usually do one or two whippits at a time. I think that doing out of a cream charger i get more of an affect than when i do it out of balloon. In a single breath the nitrous is supposed to last you 1-5 minutes.

What i like to do with the cream charger is take it in a few breaths. Never breath out from the first one, just keep breathing in. When you clear the charger hold it in for as long as you can and you should feel good.....

this is just how i do, other people might have different and probably better ways but see how it affects you

"In a single breath the nitrous is supposed to last you 1-5 minutes."

By this do you mean holding your breath for 1-5 minutes on a lungful of nitrous? Or the effects last for that length (what I assume you mean, if so, what effects are we talking?)?

if you really want to trip bro, breathe all the way out, take in a whole breath and hold it for as long as you can. have a second one ready, and without inhaling any air, take the second one. you might black out for a second, but i've done this thousands of times (literally.. they dont call it hippy crack for nothing) and i still have a few brain cells. you will see things.. hear things.. say things.. its fun.. and btw to the poster that said a nitrous hit is supposed to last 1-5 minutes.. uhh.. more like 30 seconds

the most significant danger when doing nitrous is forgetting to breathe..

also if you are going to be doing nitrous i strongly suggest you invest in one of those whipcream tanks, they make it easy and theres no real need for balloons or extra materials

I'd put like 3 nangs in my balloon, breathe out, take a nice breath of nitrous, and then breathe out some and breathe in some more nitrous, taking a little breathe of air once or twice along the way.

when you black out from not breathing your body automatically takes a breath for you.. how many people do you hear dying from nitrous.. less than tylenol im not saying depriving your self from oxygen is safe for you, but it makes you trip alot more.. lol

I usually take i whipped cream maker that I bought @ my friendly local headshop and crack 2 nitrous 'canisters' and inhale them, nice ringin in the ears

absent minded said:
when you black out from not breathing your body automatically takes a breath for you.. how many people do you hear dying from nitrous.. less than tylenol im not saying depriving your self from oxygen is safe for you, but it makes you trip alot more.. lol

well yea you trip more, but its not from the nitrous i dont believe, its from your brain goin, hey, buddy, i need air, im gonna shut you down so i can force you to take a breath..

god i did like 2/3's of a box yesterday and it lasted me about 4 hours.
if you smoke weed first, it feels like its lasting much longer than normal.

For me, if I want to get any really good effects I have to use two bulbs. So what I do is load the first in the creamer and get the second one out. I suck the first one outta the creamer and then quickly load the second and suck it down. It seems to me at least that 2 bulbs makes the effects many times stronger than just one.

something weird.....yesterday when i was doing all this nitrous, no matter how hard i tried, i could not tail out.

now you may think thats stupid or whatever, but my favorite part of nitrous is when i pass out and wake up all disoriented not knowing where i am. Is there any particular reason i would be unable to do this? the only time's ive ever tailed out (passed out) were when i did it while rolling.

NOS bad idea except for motor

absent minded said:
well I had 2 buddys die from nitrous... not to mention the couple that did every weekend for year or 2 and they both are brain damage...not zombies but slow thinking , short memory loss now.... nitrous is bad news ..... oh and the way the 2 died were in separate times.... 1 just kept doing more and more to try to get buzz he had from when he 1st did the shit..... the other guy was by himself and passed out fell over hit his head and bled out...so good buzz=bad news:(

I am really not into the whole 2 nangs/bulbs without a breath in between. I had 3 bulbs (spaced out, testing breathing methods), and then about 3 hours later had another bulb (breathe out, breath in balloon and hold breath), I had Gorillaz - Dare playing (not loud), and I began to feel numb, and then began to hear a loud ringing over the music even, I didn't feel the need to take a breath yet so I didn't.

Then I begain to see a few, very small dots in my vision, and decided it was time to get air, but before I managed to breathe out, either some time passed, or a short time was dragged out in my mind to be very long, and suddenly all i could percieve visually was my wardrobe doors, the carpet, and some sort of blue object (although it was clear at the time, I can't remember it now, I am airly sure it was a face), the blue object wasn't large, maybe (thinking about it in comparison to my wardrobe) 20x20cm. I could see two copies of all of this, but not close to eachother, one copy a few metres up and right of the first copy. This might seem like a very odd visual hallucination (for something like N2O), and I am really not sure how much of what I saw was just lack of oxygen, or the N2O; I later came to wonder if the blue object I saw was just a blank in my vision from no oxygen, and also why I couldn't visually percieve any more was because the edges of my vision had cut out from no oxygen.

To give a bit more of a time frame to this, I hit play on the song while sitting down, and had fully exhaled, and inhaled the nitrous by 10 seconds in. I assume the first numbness came on in the next 20 seconds, but I am not sure.
After I saw what was detailed above, my room came back into perspective in about 10 seconds when I started breathing again, and once it looked like normal, I hit stop on the music, just to clear my head. I looked at the time on the song and it had played 2 minutes, which was a hell of a lot longer than I thought.

The most insane thing was begging to percieve things come back, like percieving the small bin in the corner of the room (normally something I wouldn't really think about), appear back in my vision, and even though only being white (and that is how I saw it, white), it seemed to have so much life. The same with the bedside table, and my desk.

I hope someone can help me explain if that was oxygen deprivation or what, but it was only on 1 balloon. I have read somewhere about a 'reverse tolerance' in nitrous, where if someone has had nitrous recently, waiting a while (minutes -> hours) before having it again will give a greater effect with a smaller dose.

i think you dont really get close to their full potential unless you do at least 3 back to back. i usually do at least 3-5 in succession or until i cant really see the cracker to put the charger in to it. lay back and enjoy.

also i prefer the take a full charger, hold your breath, exhale, breath, and then take another charger. to me its more intense to hold it for a short amount of time then to huff it in a balloon. the dispensers are the way to go anyway. much easier when you're already fucked up. just suck on it.

I think the best way to hit a baloon is to hold it in for as long as you can, not breathing in and out of the baloon. It's only good if your sharing a baloon or if it's your only baloon. You should also never take nitrous directly from the tank, also, this isn't really a problem but make sure your nitrous is mixed with oxygen. I say it's not a problem cause most of us arent' directly filling the tanks, so when you buy a tank, it's already taken care of.

Personally I don't think I would've been able to load three in a row if I was hitting them while doing it, let alone 5. Aslong as I was holding them in, I got anaesthetized pretty quick, and while I hadn't tried my fine motor skills while doing this, I don't think I would've have the co-ordination to do this.

Also about loading 2 nangs into the charger, I the charge I had had an over pressure prevention method, so I dont think I would've been able to load multiple nangs in without it beggining to release them.

Delta: I wasn't using a tank, I was using canisters and a charger. I also dont get what you mean by its already taken care of when you buy a tank

remember to keep your eyes open and hold it in after doing like 3 bulbs... and stare at a focal point... you get amazed at the visuals that start forming especially on other drugs and some weed. It is also brain and eye damage cos your not inhaliong oxygen fopr 2-3 minutes or blinking.