• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Nitrous inhalation methods and dosage

I meant that the manufacterer of the tanks already mix them with oxygen. It's only a concern if you choose to fill an empty tank back up. Most people don't have the means to do this. Inhaling nitrous by itself can cause serious brain damage.
Also, unless you like fishing out and busting your shit on the floor, you may want to sit down when doing alot of nitrous. If your hitting 1 baloon and you take it slow like me, you'll be fine standing, but sometimes I like take that shit fast and then I'll sit and relax, maybe roll a blunt

Splatt, yeah, not inhaling oxygen is exactly what I want to avoid. When you say do three bulbs, you mean with breaths in between right?

Delta, yep, I am always sitting down (with cushions around etc) incase I did pass out or something. Also from what I gather, inhaling nitrous by itself doesn't cause brain damage, it is the lack of oxygen, and therefore aslong as you arent holding in the nitrous longer than you can hold your breath for (without a lungful of air that is), then you arent having too little oxygen. Oxygen deprivation is one reason I am really hesitant about doing multiple bulbs/nangs.

"Note that it is not necessary to feel shortness of breath or a sense of oxygen deprivation in order for the body to be dangerously short of oxygen. The sensation of being unable to breathe comes as a result of unusually high levels of carbon dioxide (CO2) rather than low levels of oxygen. Because of this, people who inhale pure nitrous oxide or other gases do not have the sensation of being unable to breathe, despite not getting enough (or any) oxygen. It is quite possible to suffocate while breathing pure nitrous oxide without ever feeling discomfort or a shortness of breath." (From Erowid)

Yeah, as such I want a feasible method of recieving oxygen, breathing between bulbs is the only thing I can think if without an oxygen tank. Is breathing every 30 seconds enough?

Splatt said:
remember to keep your eyes open and hold it in after doing like 3 bulbs... and stare at a focal point... you get amazed at the visuals that start forming especially on other drugs and some weed. It is also brain and eye damage cos your not inhaliong oxygen fopr 2-3 minutes or blinking.
Or the opposite way. First lie down and totally relax like you're going to sleep.
When you've lost most of your situational awareness, breath out, inhale the charge, hold, breathe out and continue lying there with eyes closed, mind wandering.
If you've ever meditated before its a very similar experience on the tail end.

Damn, i want nangs now :)

cobra12au said:
Yeah, as such I want a feasible method of recieving oxygen, breathing between bulbs is the only thing I can think if without an oxygen tank. Is breathing every 30 seconds enough?
That should be fine. In a worst case scenario, and you pass out, you'll immediately stop breathing nitrous and start breathing air again(unless you have a mask on which I forgot about before, you should NOT do this). If your really concerned, take multiple breaths of oxygen(kinda fast, nitrous dosen't last forever) after each breath of nitrous.

Ha ha, im not stupid enough to use a mask.

This makes me wonder if it feasible to produce oxygen for use with Nitrous via hydroelectrolysis.

blissfulMenace said:
the most significant danger when doing nitrous is forgetting to breathe..

agreed. thats why i dont do it alone. Well, try not to. Sometimes i just cant help it 8)

Heard of a trip-sitter? Well its good to have a nang-sitter, who cracks your balloons, watches your lips go blue and reminds you to breathe. then switch. you crack his balloons, etc.

i have a tendency to slowly let the air out of my balloon without thinking, so let the other person hold it for you while u go into la-la land. cos obviously, its very hard to think (and to make sure your balloon aint losing any gas) =D

Some nang tricks i've told to my friends while they inhale a balloon:

- tell me if your eyes are open or closed.
- breathe in as much as you can and say/sing something.

hmm. there's more funnies but i cant think of anything except cracking a nang.

man i hate this thread. look what you made me do.

Whilst learning to hold the gas in, I learned the fantastic divers trick of splashing cold water into your face before holding your breath. This in combination with very deep and fairly rapid oxygenated pre-gas breaths can go along way.