• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Amps and Tagamet

IHateOpiophobes

Bluelighter
I've been taking tagamet (cimetidine) a 1/2 hour or so before my adderall and it is a more noticeable effect that any weak base neutralizer (CO3- ion).

I have never stayed up all night on my meds, sometimes an extra to stay out late, so I'm not a big user of them. (ADD). But even in the afternoon I can get agitated, irritable, and if I take a xanax the Tagamet should theoretically help also.

Or just a little grapefruit juice on my way home from my school. 30 min drive, just to make sure.

TAKE TWO Tagamet HB or any other acid reducer (acid inhibition medications) about 10-30 min before any amphetamines and you should definitely notice a better result than the usually means.

I'm just suprised that nobody has mentioned this.

AS far as taking care of yourself......
The human body, if is given the proper nutrients and vitamins, (LAMENS TERMS: Has an amazing capability to heal. So take Tyrosine, ALONE, since when you eat food their are multiple amino acids competing for their spot on the ribosome and respiratory cycle. (so competition=less absorbtion of Tyrosine). To make that very simple, don't take it with food. -/+ 2 hrs recommended. That's why it says take between meals. Take vitamins, don't eat sugar coated, sugar bites for every meal, eat complex carbs, when you do eat, (Protein bars are good), and GET SOME SLEEP. I know it's hard, but make yourself do it. If you can't do that at least every other night then you've got bigger problems. Sleep equals body repair time.

If you (I'm sure a lot of people already have, but for people who don't quite understand the metabolism world, this is for you.) every can take a microbiology or Bio-Chem class you'll understand how important vitamins, nutrients are...
That's why science kicks ass, because it all ties together and you can use your knowledge of it get higher.

Awesome, what if you take a shitload of Adderall everyday (like 150mg plus)?

What are the health risks of abuse (mostly orally intake)?

I know Vitamin C and absorptic acid mess with absorption but what about other vitamins or substances that do?

Is it as easy to effect absorption as I think?

The antacid Cimetidine (Tagamet) is considered to be a general inhibitor of cytochrome P-450 enzymes and because of this Cimetidine may reduce binding affinity to drugs dependent on cytochrome P450 3A4 metabolism, therefor increasing the potency and/or duration. Amphetamine compounds do not inhibit the cytochrome P450 enzymes, so combining antacids with amphetamine compounds will not effect potency or duration.

Cimetidine has the potential to increase the potency and duration of particular opiates (Codeine, Fentanyl, Methadone, Hydromorphone, Oxycodone), mainly the triazolo compound benzodiazepines (Alprazolam, Triazolam, Midazolam) with Diazepam as an exception, barbiturates (Phenobarbital), Dextromethorphan, some of the antidepressants, more so the tricyclics, and possibly alcohol (Cimetidine inhibits gastric alcohol dehydrogenase, thus interfering with alcohol breakdown. As a result, serum alcohol levels could potentially increase substantially).

NOTE: Most antacids don't increase the potency of these substances, only those which inhibit the cytochrome P-450 enzymes.

P.S. Don't double post...

I found 500 mg tyrosine either once a twice a day allows me to take less adderall, makes me feel overall better.

Start low (200 mg) and work up until you find right dose.

I HATE taking my adderall without having Tyrsoine to take with it or after to eliminate the comedown (tired and fatigue).

Some people substitute 2-3 hundred mg's of tyrosine for daily coffee.

If your taking 150mg's a day, do whatever you can feel ok with the lowest possible amount. Assuming your trying to get down some.

can u take zantac or is that not the same thing im sorry if i sound dumb im just new to the adderrall thing i just started 10 days ago

can u take zantac or is that not the same thing im sorry if i sound dumb im just new to the adderrall thing i just started 10 days ago

Its not a dumb question at all, your line of reasoning makes sense! Unfortunately, zantac isn't the same thing as tagamet. Zantac is ramitidine, and tagamet is cimetidine. They both work in the same way to reduce stomach acid, but only cimetidine/tagamet inhibits the proper liver enzymes to potentiate many types of drugs. I can't remember if ramitidine inhibits any liver enzymes, but even if it does, it wouldn't be in amounts large enough to make a difference with how you'd subjectively feel a drug like adderall.

It seems possible to me that tagamet could increse the effects of amphetamine because the rate at which the drug is excreted from the body is determined by the body's acidity. Tagamet is an acid reducer, reducing the amount of acid produced in the stomach and thereby reducing the ph of the GI and urinary tract. That is why baking soda and other antacids are said to increase the effectiveness of amphetamines

speeking from experience, for me, ranitidine dose help increse the effects of amphetamine... Not a great deal, but 150mg of ranitidine half hour or so before a dose definatly prolongs the effects

better than bicarb?

I find it surprising that a cytochrome-P450 enzyme inhibitor potentiates/raises plasma concentration more than bicarb. Alot of the amphetamine excretion is renal, and by decreasing the pH in the urinary tract it should increase re-absorption. Come to think of it, cyto-P450 enzymes are thought to oxidize the 4-position of the arene ring: 4-hydroxy-amphetamine.

I guess simple bases work on absorption/re-absorption and enzyme-inhibitors work on oxidative metabolism. Makes sense.

My usual dose protocol is ingestion of bicarb or alka-selter gold (citrate ion is very effective at decreasing pH of urinary tract) followed by addy.

Happy tweaking. I wish addy had an "off button" so I could fucking sleep without self-medicating in the opposite direction.

Don't listen to me I'm Not a Doc Just a Med Student.

Amen on science being the shit. Biochemistry is the key to fucking everything

Wow

I actually stumbled across my own post through a Google search.
Don't take benzo's and drink, and especially not drive. Your bound to just screw things up with friends, girlfriends. (Unless you know exactly how much you can handle; you people know who you are). Driving. You could easily kill someone.

What I meant by potentiation of AMPS with TAGAMET is that TAGAMET or Cimetidine is by nature an Ant-Acid. Reduces acid. Chem 101 OH ion and H30 or H+ whatever, is the pH. Reduce acid, your left with an alkaline stomach.

I'm well aware of enzyme inhibition of opiate potentiation, but this is just common sense. Yes Diazepam as well. (both help with amp comedown)

You have a win win. Grapefruit juice will acidify your stomach and urine speeding up the amphets through your system, wasting the speed.

SO have your comedown meds, and your amp's all potentiating with one drug.

THIS WAS JUST A COMMON SENSE POST. EVERYONE SAYS "take tums" no baking soda straight, no etc..... JUST TAKE ONE THING

I've been taking tagamet (cimetidine) a 1/2 hour or so before my adderall and it is a more noticeable effect that any weak base neutralizer (CO3- ion).

I have never stayed up all night on my meds, sometimes an extra to stay out late, so I'm not a big user of them. (ADD). But even in the afternoon I can get agitated, irritable, and if I take a xanax the Tagamet should theoretically help also.

Or just a little grapefruit juice on my way home from my school. 30 min drive, just to make sure.

TAKE TWO Tagamet HB or any other acid reducer (acid inhibition medications) about 10-30 min before any amphetamines and you should definitely notice a better result than the usually means.

I'm just suprised that nobody has mentioned this.

AS far as taking care of yourself......
The human body, if is given the proper nutrients and vitamins, (LAMENS TERMS: Has an amazing capability to heal. So take Tyrosine, ALONE, since when you eat food their are multiple amino acids competing for their spot on the ribosome and respiratory cycle. (so competition=less absorbtion of Tyrosine). To make that very simple, don't take it with food. -/+ 2 hrs recommended. That's why it says take between meals. Take vitamins, don't eat sugar coated, sugar bites for every meal, eat complex carbs, when you do eat, (Protein bars are good), and GET SOME SLEEP. I know it's hard, but make yourself do it. If you can't do that at least every other night then you've got bigger problems. Sleep equals body repair time.

If you (I'm sure a lot of people already have, but for people who don't quite understand the metabolism world, this is for you.) every can take a microbiology or Bio-Chem class you'll understand how important vitamins, nutrients are...
That's why science kicks ass, because it all ties together and you can use your knowledge of it get higher.

Also Sorry If someone was asking me a question.

I stopped getting on bluelight for years. Why I don't know. Just got bust with school and girlfriend I guess.

What I meant by potentiation of AMPS with TAGAMET is that TAGAMET or Cimetidine is by nature an Ant-Acid. Reduces acid. Chem 101 OH ion and H30 or H+ whatever, is the pH. Reduce acid, your left with an alkaline stomach.

I'm well aware of enzyme inhibition of opiate potentiation, but this is just common sense. Yes Diazepam as well. (both help with amp comedown)

Cimetidine is one of the strongest inhibitors of the cyp450 2d6 enzyme. Just b/c rantidine appears on a list of 2d6 inhibitors doesn't mean it's as potent an inhibitor. Cimetidine is rarely used clinically for this very reason; way too many psychotropic drugs are metabolised by 2d6.
Also, ant-acids are a blanket terms for reflux relieveing meds. Some work by inhibiting acid release (PPIs like Nexium), some via H2 antagonist (cimetidine), and some by direct neutralisation (tums). An antacid may neutralise stomach acidity, but it's urine acidity that needs to be neutralised to increase amphetamine halflife.

^how does one do that? piss regularly? without drinking acidic drinks and eating acidic foods?

^how does one do that? piss regularly? without drinking acidic drinks and eating acidic foods?

When your body is breaking down liquids through the kidneys it goes through this really cool "Loop of Henle" process that basically filters out the toxins and urea multiple times to keep as much water (H20 -> H30+ when becoming acidic) in the body while pushing toxins out.
Read literature almost anywhere reliable and it will tell you that a large majority of amphetamines are excreted unchanged. Since the the positive charge on the amine group of the amphetamine molecule allows salts (adderall = mixed amphetamine salts) to be made easily and also into a powder form. Freebase amphetamine is an oily compound from what I have read. So you have basically an ionic compound or salt that becomes ionized when metabolized through the body. Since the stomach is basically HCL then you will have some dissociation of the amphetamine before being absorbed. Neutralizing this stomach acid (Via Tums, TAGAMET, Zantac) will let the speed salts remain together, those that are not absorbed go through the kidneys where they come back to this Loop. But if your urinary pH is basic (means that there is more OH- than H+ and those free hydoxide ions can then bind with the free amine base that was de-ionized in the stomach, can be reabsorbed a small amount. So better absorption and better retention to pick up some of the speed that wasn't absorbed first time.

I am 99% sure that both stomach absorption and urinary pH affect amphetamine clearance.

This is more complicated than I can explain, but look into the chemistry of the famous Phenylethylamines. SAME THING ( all compounds have similar physical properties. Except for isomerism, enantiomers etc...they can affect things uniquely, but you get my point.