• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

where to pick up clean needles?

yeah some pharmacies will tell me "only by perscription"
so jut go next door to the next pharmacy and find which one will sell them to u and which wont

read the info at heroin helper.com it will explain that insulin and syringes are a right to life item and you dont need a script for them

doesnt change the fact that the asian lady at the local fred meyer denys me service when i ask for insulin syringes.. its like hey lady, your not going to keep a junky from shooting up- i'll just use an old needle. thanks bitch

In CT I have no probs, but in florida melbourne, they made me sign my name and checked my id. Also funny law, in florida having an open bag of needles in your car with no insulin or prescription, they can hit you with drug paraphenalia, so keep in trunk if open in florida.

getpinz.com is mad quick.. theneedlebeast.com you can pay with wu..

turnaround time on both is like max of 3 days..

if you go to needlebeast tell em i sent you he's a cool guy..

this site has detailed info on syringe laws state-by-state. http://www.temple.edu/lawschool/phrhcs/otc.htm
Most that they have listed say you can buy a 10-pack without a prescription
According to this site:

Clearly legal (22) AK, CA, CT*, HI*, IL*, IN*, LA*, ME*, MN*, MT*, NH*, NM*,NY*, OH*, OR, PR, RI*, SC*, TN*, WV*, WA*, WI

Reasonable claim to legality (22) AL*, AR, AZ, CO, FL, ID, IA, KY, MD*, MI, MO, MS, NE, NV*, NC, ND, OK, SD, TX, UT, VA*, WY

Clearly illegal (9) DE, DC, GA, KS, MA, NJ, PA, VT, VI

* denotes sale clearly legal or has a reasonable claim to legality in pharmacy only

i live in CO ("reasonable to claim legality") so i'm guessing OTC sales aren't technically allowed. but there's pharmacies around here that sell a whole box (100 ct) to ANYONE and i mean anyone, i've been to a walgreens 24-hr pharmacy at 3 in the morning with eyes like saucers strung out as hell and bought a box with no questions asked. most states have laws that they HAVE to sell you needles as a harm reduction measure, and if you find the law and print it out they will sell you needles unless the pharmacist has a moral issue with it or something, it's like that law about the "morning after pill" maybe. go in looking nice and clean i doubt you will have any problems.

In NY/CT/CA I could always get them at the pharmacy. In AZ they wouldn't sell them at any of the pharms, so I had to turn to the needle exchange. Here in FL I haven't fucked with anything requiring a needle (yet) :).

anything in VA i havent heard of any Needle exchanges. i usually have to have one of my friends with clean arms to go in cvs there strict here in VA

bigphade said:
getpinz.com is mad quick.. theneedlebeast.com you can pay with wu..

turnaround time on both is like max of 3 days..

if you go to needlebeast tell em i sent you he's a cool guy..

hey when they send you the needles what kinda package does it come in lik does the box say needlebeast on it ?

I always write on paper what I need and tell the pharmacist that my grandma is here from out of town and she stayed longer than expected and ran out of syringes and hand them the paper like I have no clue about needles. I have used that story in OH, IN, and SC and I have never been turned down.

*whitegirl* said:
I always write on paper what I need and tell the pharmacist that my grandma is here from out of town and she stayed longer than expected and ran out of syringes and hand them the paper like I have no clue about needles. I have used that story in OH, IN, and SC and I have never been turned down.

hey what exactly do you write on the paper? just the syringe type?

I am aware of pharmacies that will ask you to furnish an ID ( referred to as a Diabetic Card), but in the post about a syring being a 'right to life item', I do not see how a store can legally implement this as a policy. Almost every veternarians exam room (In his particular state) I've taken a pet to has had a drawer of unlocked, sterile syringes though. Most major cities will also offer needle exchange NQA as long as you can bring in a capped syringe. I realize that this provides you no useful info, if you are unable to find a dirty capped syringe, but I'm sure anyone who really tries can probably find a dirty syringe. Obviously try not to poke yourself with it before you exchange.

absent minded said:
lol, behind the counter at pharmacy. ask for 1/2 inch, 1cc 30 guage needles. for your insulin.

yeah some pharmacies will tell me "only by perscription"
so jut go next door to the next pharmacy and find which one will sell them to u and which wont

This is exactly correct. Go for independent pharmacies, not chains, and ask for 'em like you buy 'em all the time.

Here's what I say: "I'd like 10 B&D Ultra-Fine 28's, please"

If they ask for a prescription I say they're for my dad who's visiting, and I'll just send him up later, then move on. But once you find a place you should be fine.

Needles and syringes for prescription? What the fuck?!

The US is surely the leading country in harm reduction.

At least Poland doesn't suck when it comes to this. You can take away a bag of syringes and needles from the pharmacy and they're dirt-cheap.

rebo said:
I am aware of pharmacies that will ask you to furnish an ID ( referred to as a Diabetic Card), but in the post about a syring being a 'right to life item', I do not see how a store can legally implement this as a policy. Almost every veternarians exam room (In his particular state) I've taken a pet to has had a drawer of unlocked, sterile syringes though. Most major cities will also offer needle exchange NQA as long as you can bring in a capped syringe. I realize that this provides you no useful info, if you are unable to find a dirty capped syringe, but I'm sure anyone who really tries can probably find a dirty syringe. Obviously try not to poke yourself with it before you exchange.

insulin and the tools to administer it can not be denied to a person who needs them you just tell them that you need it now and you will go to the doc to get a new script they have to give it to you a diabetic can die without there meds

basicly all you need to do is lie tell them that you are from out of town and lost your luggage with your meds and your syringes they will most likely give you a ten pack and some insulin you need to know what kind of insulin and what size needles if you want 100 unit syringes you should tell them that you take more than 50 units per dose

some places will still not want to give you what you want but if that happens just move on you will find a pharmacy that will

i work for a needle exchange and we give them out no questions asked

-JB420: Do you provide the sterispoons, swabs & citric acid (the last one is for base diamorphine, or number 3 smoking heroin as it's known in the UK)?

-Stargazer: could you find a link for the clean needle act? If I end up in the US (possible) and working at an exchange (likely) then I need to learn all this stuff. Thanks for the help!