• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioid Withdrawals arent lethal?? I BEG TO DIFFER -- EX-ADDICTS HELP PLZ

Oh man, if that address is correct, I hope law enforcement has seen it.

In the Eyes of God said:
im goin to make this short as I cant write much

I have quit a 6 month long addiction to the most powerful opioid for a human to EVER use. I used it everyday, allday, for 6 months. I tried to quit multiple times but always failed.

This time I did what I had to, I got rid of all of it so I had no option but to quit.

I was addicted to Beta-hydroxy-4-methylfentanyl a designer derivative around 4000x the potency of morphine. My dosaging went from 36mcg 20x a day, to where I quit cold turkey at over 25 MILLIGRAM 20x a day. Thats a 675 FOLD increase in my dosaging over the 6 month period. Thats how high my tolerance went. The 36mcg would at the start get me as high as about a half bag of Heroin ($10). Thus, if my equivalence was to be crossed to Heroin my tolerance wouldve gone from 10 bags of Heroin a day (assuming Heroin only lasted 30 minutes) to over 3,300 bags of Heroin a DAY (over a KG of Heroin a DAY FOLKS)

Its now day 8.... ive only accumulated 8-9 hours of total sleep. I have been consuming electrolyte shakes, protein shakes, meal replacement shakes, vitamin/mineral supplements, and a solid meal whenever I can find the strength to chew.

For the past 4 days or so ive been soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo weak. I still cannot walkup my own stairs. I still cannot do anything barely, even chewing a meal is practically impossible.

My question is for ex-addicts of Heroin or Fentanyl, how long after quitting did it take for your "strength" to comeback???

My other question is, what can I do for my HORRIBLE INSOMNIA????? I cannot get Benzos, Lunesta, or any other sleep aid at the moment. Ive tried EVERYTHING OTC and nothings done a THING to help.

PLEASE HELP ASAP, I feel like im never going to be better and its horrible feeling.

Thanks in advance guys.

I have kicked several habits of of propionanilide type narcotics: fentanyl, sufentanil, alpha methyl fentanyl (AMF) and beta-hydroxy alpha-methyl fentanyl, but never cold turkey. I at least did buprenorphine, but the propioanilides are so fat soluble that they take days to come out of your system and several times the buprenorphine would precipitate withdrawals, of which there is no worse feeling in the world (except the one time I precipitated a methadone withdrawal with naltrexone, which was literally hell. It was the day the Soviet Union fell and I remember not being able to lie on my bed because the sheets felt so rough they were cutting me.)

I don't remember all the amounts I got up to on most of these runs, but the last time, I was doing 150 mgs (not micrograms but milligrams, so about 1500-3000 times a typical iv dose--Sublimaze comes in 50 micrograms and 100 micrograms amps ) of fentanyl 6 times a day on my last habit about 7 months ago. Fentanyl is not known for having anticholinergic effects (like dry mouth, blurred vision, difficulty urinating...) but at this dose, the anticholinergic effects were so bad that I did not go any higher because of the dry mouth and blurred vision, and my wife (who is a physician who doesn't use at all) kept finding me on the floor from mixing methaqualone, Xanax and fentanyl. She knew I was breathing, but as patient as she is with me at times, she was really becoming pissed.

When I tried to stop this time (and by stop, I mean switch to oxymorphone, oxycodone, morphine, methadone, hydrocodone and sometimes heroin--kind of like the vowels: a,e,i,o,u and sometimes y) I had the most intense suicidal depression I have had in my life. No matter how much and which of the typical opiates I used, I could not make the depression stop. It went on for 3 weeks until I finally decided I had to do some more fentanyl. I did a 40 mg shot of stuff I snagged from my lab (as that is all I could cover) and wow, the depression lifted immediately. It was amazing. But I knew I had to wait this damn thing out. It took about 3 more weeks before I began to feel better and this is with all the opiates, benzos, and methaqualone I could do, plus some occasional amphetamine and methamphetamine (pharmaceutical doses like 30-40 mgs po), which did help a little. But the 3 weeks of waiting was hell. I was not sure if I was going to survive and I kept thinking about how large of a shot of pentobarbital it would take to ensure my demise. But the depression finally lifted.

As far as the possibility of dying from strong propionanilide withdrawals, I would say the chances are slim. People survive precipitated withdrawals all the time from Narcan and that is as bad as it gets (except for longer acting antagonists like naltrexone. Even though you may wish you were dead, they will get better. I suspect that my depression may not have been as severe if I had not been taking other drugs as well, but even when I have a few day run on these type of drugs there is always rebound depression.

I think the only possibility of dying is related to excessive dehydration due to vomiting and diarrhea, not from the withdrawal itself. There have been a handful of true opiate withdrawal deaths in older, feeble patients, but in younger people without serious medical problems, I have not heard of one. Keep hydrated if you can and remember that the shorter acting the drug, the quicker the withdrawals are over (although the more intense they are.) I suggest some skeletal muscle relaxants( carisoprodol and, Skelaxin [metaxalone} or Zanaflex [tizanidine}) for cramping, Xanax for anxiety, dextromethorphan for toning down some of the glutametergic (NMDA) excitatory effects, Zofran ODT (ondansetron ) for nausea and a small amount of Requip (ropinirole) to relieve that feeling of not being able to sit still. If you cannot get benzos, you may try antihistamines to help with sleep

Good luck, you're going to need it. But the worst should be over soon.

MobiusDick

garuda said:
SWEET JESUS CHRIST, if true this is one of the most insane things I have ever heard!
How on earth did you acquire this substance? How on earth did you let your usage get completely out of control to that degree? This whole story is almost beyond belief.

You do realize that you are quite possibly the human being with the highest daily opioid usage ever in history? I'm serious, I'd be surprised if there was a rehab or detox that would even know what to make of your story.

You do realize that saying opiate/oid WD is not dangerous is for your normal addict? You were so far out from normal you could have a medical journal article written for you.

This is not the most potent propionanilide either. The Chinese have come up with some incredibly potent drugs that even make isocarafentanil (10,500 times as strong as morphine) look weak. They don't have western names though other than IUPAC names.

MobiusDick

wow man congratulations!!!! i take my hat down for you.
i almost shed a tear reading you post...
keep it that way, i'm really happy to hear you did that & doing well!
well the weakness is gonna last until like two weeks i think, as well as the insomnia can last up to a month, though after the two week point you'll be able to get more & more sleep hours...
good luck man, i'm with ya!!!

\\edit\\ wow page 20... i hope the OP is doing fine! i see the first post was posted at april 15, i've got clean on april 10. tomorrow it's 6 months!

haribo1 said:
I've heard that the insomnia from the fentanyl class of opiate is a particular problem during withdrawal. The last guy here who did it basically puked his ring for 6 weeks & slept in 10 minute bursts for a long time.
I know all opiate withdrawals cause insomnia, but the fentanyls appear to be the worst. I suggest your seizure was because you hadn't been getting any REM sleep for a long time before you actually stopped, what with using every 30 minutes or so.
What DOES seem strange is that plain β-OH fentanyl lasts quite a lot longer, as does β-OH 3-MF... Don't know why the 4 should be as short-acting. Still, never tried it so cannot say.
The point is, you need to sleep. Benzos won't cut it, even in large doses and at those doses you will end up with a benzo problem.
I'm not saying that this is a GOOD idea, but my first reaction to the problem would be to get a lot of ketamine stocked up, but that's just me. If you must take a downer, then clomethiazole is stronger than any benzo and far better at controlling seizures. My last thought would be phenobarbitone. It's very long lasting indeed, but slow to come on, so OD is a danger if you RUSH to get sleep from dosing...

Be careful & best wishes,
H-)

The beta-hydroxy alpha-methyl (BHAMF), beta hydroxy 3 methyl, and beta hydroxy 4 methyl all last at least twice as long as fentanyl, which can be done every 6 hours with no withdrawal on a stable dose (although I am guilty of doing it every 4 hours just for the extra rush.) While I have only done BHAMF, and it certainly could be done 4 times a day (maybe more), twenty times a day seems pretty crazy unless you are using the ultra-short acting ones like remifentanil or carfentanil. At first, if one of these is the only drug you are using, you have to do these every 15-30 minutes until it builds up in your adipose tissue, which takes at least 3 and up to about 7 days. Then you may be able to back down to 20 times a day.

The problem with these beta hydroxy methylated drugs is you cannot start with NPP, so it takes a very skilled chemist to sxn them (way more skilled than I am, not that I am especially skilled.) I know they exist in educational settings because I work with some of them, but there are not a lot of people that can get the precursors and make these drugs. Particularly when you filter in the cost, and if any of this kind of stuff ever makes its way to the street, the police soon come knocking because people OD when a drug is active in a 1 mg dose, never mind 36 micrograms. It's much easier just to go with fentanyl or para-flurofentanyl than worry about 4 methyl groups and beta hydroxy groups. You'll be high a lot sooner.

MobiusDick

Ersatz: Methadone W/D IS NOT lethal nor is any opiate/opioid UNLESS one has an underlying medical condition. As for long term users with high dosages, I was on for 17 years (uninterrupted for the last 7) at between 160 and 220, my last dosage having been 160. I did not even have diarreah. Heroin and morphine W/D is much, much worse. The thing with methadone is that the W/D is at least 7 days, sometimes a few more than that. It is very, very mild (as far as the physical effects).

Mobius: Carafentanil does not have an ultrashort duration but Sufentanil does. Carafentanil is used on nothing smaller than large deer, and is usually reserved for big game like rhinos and elephants.

Sufentanil is a 10 minute duration anesthetic aid. Perhaps you confused cara with su?

I also have to say that even when on a stable regimen of Fentanyl, I have never heard of an IDU lasting 6 hours betwen redosing. In fact, with regular use I have seen the need to dose almost on the hour, meaning less rather than more time between injections.

Robatussin It is a good read though, yes? Better than the weekly question on glassines,etc.

todays last day of my taper
anyone know why narcotics make you sweat esp during sleep??

^lmfao.....boy has such a big noggin its a five head, not a forehead lol...

thats pretty funny tho, def doesnt look like someone who works out. looks like he spends most of his time on his knees or bent over.

OK, looks like the forum mods are offline, so I'm going to have to step on their toes a bit.

torontojew: stop this vendetta. Now. Do NOT post someone's picture on this board. Do NOT post their address on this board. Consider this your only warning.

To everyone: buying or selling drugs via BL is strictly forbidden and will result in you being banned. Therefore, it's irrelevant whether someone is or isn't a scammer. You should not be dealing with them via this site anyway.