Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Make a DMT pipe? - "The Machine"

shamanix604

Bluelighter
tumblr_lzb02vQZM11qgnjgmo1_1280.jpg

I am wondering if anyone knows of methods to making a dmt pipe. I have never vaporized anything or made a vaporizer.
I know you can make them out of lightbulbs but I hear those don't work well.
Id love to have info from people who know what works and what doesn't aren't regurgitating a link google pulled up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just smoke it through a bong, I know people will go on about how wasteful that is but, hey, it gets me where I need to go. Just pack half a cone of tobacco, put some dimitri on top, cover with more tobacco, then roast slowly., not letting it burn to hot.

From THE ENTHEOGEN REVIEW, VOLUME XII, NUMBER 1  VERNAL EQUINOX 2003

WELCOME TO THE MACHINE

A problem for some true DMT aficionados is the difficulty
involved in effectively delivering large doses—ideally without
leaving one’s lungs feeling like they’ve been coated with
caustic residue. For those who really want to get a 50 mg dose
or more, rather than just burning that much, there is finally
a solution. “The Machine” is an amazingly effective drug delivery
device that I recently test-drove. It is capable of holding
one or many doses, for one person’s repeated use or multiple
users. I was introduced to The Machine by an Australian
friend who, at the 2002 Burning Man, also taught me
about the benefits that can be derived by using mullein when
smoking tryptamines. The expectorant properties of mullein
help clear out the lungs after smoking, and it also permits
deeper inhalations without coughing during smoking. Mullein
is also useful for using 5-MeO-DMT due to additionally
permitting easier eye-balling of doses, via standardization.

The only materials needed to fashion The Machine are a small glass
bottle and a bit of extremely coarse steel wool, as is used for scrubbing
pans. For the bottle, a single-serving Hennessy Cognac bottle works
great, due to its long neck coupled with a handy pre-formed weak spot
in the bottom. After breaking or drilling a small hole in the bottom of
the bottle, a bit of steel wool is rolled into a plug and then pushed into
the neck. Any loose bits inside can be compacted gently by using a probe
inserted through the hole broken in the bottom. This is the finished
device ready to be charged.

To charge The Machine, enough for one or more good doses (the more
the better) is directly applied to the surface of the steel wool at the mouth
of the bottle. The neck of the bottle is then gently heated just enough to
cause the alkaloid to melt into the steel wool plug. If not intended for
immediate use or if intermittent use is desired the cap can be replaced
over the charge to protect it. Freshly applied DMT resin can be prevented
from contacting the cap by placing a small piece of paper between
it and the cap (rolling paper works well for this). The Machine
can also be charged for multiple users by placing a much larger quantity
on the inside of the plug by dropping it through the broken hole.
Charging is done the same way, by gently heating the neck until the
plug absorbs the alkaloid.

To use The Machine, simply point the neck downwards and heat the
steel wool plug from below with a lighter, while slowly inhaling through
the hole made in the bottom. (Take care not to overheat and ignite the
steel wool.) Rotating the bottle while heating will help it volatilize evenly.
The high surface area and heat distribution of the steel wool traps the
liquid alkaloid, both retaining it and driving it into vapor. This trapping
effect also permits the pipe to be simply set down, then picked up
and reheated, as needed.

There is little to no loss with The Machine and for some unknown reason
we have reliably found this pipe to be smoother on the lungs than
many far less efficient devices—particularly the glass “crack” pipes. The
amount of alkaloid that this device is capable of delivering must be experienced
to be believed. The bottle can be reused but the steel wool
should be replaced regularly. While The Machine works with many
materials, extracted Acacia alkaloid is highly recommended. — Justin
Case

Note: Having recently tested The Machine, I give it my highest endorsement.
Previously the “burned plastic” taste and seared lung feelings from smoking a
regular DMT pipe had caused me to abandon smoking as an approach to ingesting
DMT. It was simply too painful and I never got a big enough hit to experience
much effect, frequently coughing out too soon the hit that I did get. For whatever
reason, vapor produced by The Machine wasn’t nearly as rough as that
smoked through a normal DMT pipe. And man, does this pipe deliver a punch!
— DAVID AARDVARK

Hope this helps,

attachment.php

Attachments

• the machine.jpg
    the machine.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 23,507
  • the machine 2.jpg
    the machine 2.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 34,503
Last edited:
^^I had trouble getting a visual from that story, I have tried thick steel wool in a self standing MJ pipe it worked good but I felt like I was losing material in the steel wool and to burning (WARNING always try burning steel wool before you smoke off of it, thinner gage will just burn up and it is good to burn the non-corrosive layer off of the thicker stuff). I've tried the pyrex meth pipes but it took too long to heat the material back up for the 2nd or 3rd hit. The best I found is the classic light bulb or tin foil. it seems like my best break toughs were with the DMT melted at just the right heat and it tastes so good!

It works well just 'plugging' a joint with 30mg of DMT. This was quite a bit stronger than 20mg of DMT in a lightbulb. I also like how fast you can intake the DMT this way and how 'thick' the smoke is.

I checked out the video on youtube for making a vaporizer.. Made two of them from retired lava-lamp bulbs, and they work nicely..

Though I just went and bought a 'oil pipe' and that works by far the best. Dirt cheap too, but probably because meth is a 'epidemic' here.

Holy f*&^ing Sh*T!!!

Imagine my surprise. I read the title of this thread, and said to myself "Make a DMT Pipe? ... damn have I got the answer for this thread! =D

A few months ago a friend gave me a DMT Pipe for a gift. It was a magically simple device that completely eliminated any burn, and most of the taste that I previously endured while smoking DMT. Since that fateful day, DMT smoking has been so much more pleasurable. That device my friends, is beautifully decribed in that Entheon Review column posted above. Hahahaha! I could believe what I was reading! I was gifted "The Machine" without even knowing it's now famous Entheogen Review status! 8o

Anyway, to the OP ... Make A Machine! It really is quite easy, and so, so, so well worth the effort. I will gladly assist you or any others here with any clarifications on the article if it is needed. Now that I own a machine, I will never trip anywhere without one! :D

Forget joints, bongs, tinfoil ... just Machine it! :\

Chronik Fatigue said:
I just smoke it through a bong, I know people will go on about how wasteful that is but, hey, it gets me where I need to go. Just pack half a cone of tobacco, put some dimitri on top, cover with more tobacco, then roast slowly., not letting it burn to hot.

i have smoked dmt out of a bong too. ive been told by people "it doesnt work that way" allthough i have smoked it from a bong and seen 5 other people in the circle do the same exact thing and all duck into hyperspace for a bit. you have to have something underneath it, instead of tobacco we had a glass ball that plugged the hole and only let smoke through.

Drug Geek said:
Holy f*&^ing Sh*T!!!

Imagine my surprise. I read the title of this thread, and said to myself "Make a DMT Pipe? ... damn have I got the answer for this thread! =D

A few months ago a friend gave me a DMT Pipe for a gift. It was a magically simple device that completely eliminated any burn, and most of the taste that I previously endured while smoking DMT. Since that fateful day, DMT smoking has been so much more pleasurable. That device my friends, is beautifully decribed in that Entheon Review column posted above. Hahahaha! I could believe what I was reading! I was gifted "The Machine" without even knowing it's now famous Entheogen Review status! 8o

Anyway, to the OP ... Make A Machine! It really is quite easy, and so, so, so well worth the effort. I will gladly assist you or any others here with any clarifications on the article if it is needed. Now that I own a machine, I will never trip anywhere without one! :D

Forget joints, bongs, tinfoil ... just Machine it! :\

yea clarify a little. I tried to make one with a single serving liquor bottle but it broke.

what kind of steel wool? or should you use that chore boy stuff they use in crackpipes?

arghhh! How the fuck does 'the machine' work? Someone needs to break it down here. I tried smoking 5-meo out of a light bulb and it didn't take me "there". I don't want to waste any so I'm waiting to try a better method.

Haha I love you man!!! Pure gold Itellsya! I did go the bulb route and it didn't quite "do the trick". I got definate effects from the 5-meo... but no breakthrough (i.e. loss of awareness of the physical world). I think it was because I used a regular bic lighter. I'm thinkin' that I'll go buy a torch lighter and that'll vaporize all the material in one shot.... so that I can intake more chem. all at once.

to those who use the steel wool + bottle:

does it not condense on the cold glass really fast? i find even with a bulb a lot of it will condense within a matter of seconds.

alrighttt a verry easy fast and EFFECTIVE little peice made from tin foil will do the trick. what you do is make like your about to make a regular tin foil pipe but then make the bottom reeell deep. put the dmt in there in the bottom and fold over some tin foil on top so you make a little wavy gap so the air has to move down into the pipe and then back up into the mouthpeice. light it from the bottom and vaporize all the dmt and there u go. did it last night with a freind. works fineee.

Thanks for the step-by-step! I may make that a project for today =D I have yet to totally effectively deliver a dose of smoked DMT to my synapses.

the lightbulb dosnt work too well and yes ALOT crystalizes on the sides (i should post a picture i have of a huge round bulb just covered with half inch long crystals in cool ass paterns all over the sides of the bulb)
its great for herb tho...

Xorkoth said:
Thanks for the step-by-step! I may make that a project for today =D I have yet to totally effectively deliver a dose of smoked DMT to my synapses.

Haha, me too. Sounds like the project of the day!=D

Well, I tried to make an aluminum foil pipe. I don't know how make so you don't get any powder in your mouth. I inhaled about 10mgs of 5-meo, but I did catch a minor buzz. Still no success with getting a full vaporized dose. 5-meo tastes just like bitter plastic- yum. I think I'll go with the torch lighter and light bulb.

IGNVS said:
the lightbulb dosnt work too well and yes ALOT crystalizes on the sides (i should post a picture i have of a huge round bulb just covered with half inch long crystals in cool ass paterns all over the sides of the bulb)
its great for herb tho...

Agree, the crystals that form on the sides of the bulb are breathtakingly beautiful.