• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Esoteric The Main Synchronicity Thread

I find that Syncronicity builds as the ego drops, be the dissolution of ego the product of ingestion of a psychoactive substance or the focus of Self-less attention on the present moment - being in The Flow - where one is more likely to rely on instinct rather than rational analysis to decide what one's actions will be.

'Reality' is nothing but a construct of mind.

See the results as 'a load of crazy shit' or a lesson in the nature of Being.

It is all a matter of perception.

Nothing has ever been as synchronicity as LSD for me. I would think of a friend I hadn’t seen for a while and they would walk around the corner, things like that. Awesome stuff.

untaMe said:
but who else gets the "11:11" everywhere.

Me, if you mean that there will be a stage in your trip where you check the time and its 11:11?
And that it happens once every trip.

Also.. on acid, a kinda different syncronicity happens with me and my friend thinking of same things and saying stuff at the same time as if we're sharing thought patterns.. its odd when it happens several times a night.
He doesn't even get it with his twin.. just me lol

^^^Hmm, i remember reading about that terrapintraveller some otherwhereelse on bl wherei n u wrotee..... certainly events are seeen as more synchronous under psychs; perhaps becuse they ARE, or the drug-addled organic brains-Pattern-recognition-System is over franric. I favour the former.

:) In slow motion now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,..........:)

Things like this happen to me all the time, tripping or otherwise. I think if you just pay attention, synchronous events happen all the time to most everyone, it just seems like they happen more on psychedelics because, well, you become very good at noticing things while trippin'. :)

solistus said:
You'll have to forgive me for some further semantics... The linguist in me won't keep quiet :p

Do the vibrations exist? "Vibration" is a symbol referring to certain patterns of motion within a reference frame. Is it any more meaningful to discuss vibrations absent humyn experience than it is to discuss sound? Both concepts are symbolic interpretation of events-in-the-Real, which have no defined symbolic properties of their own.
I just caught this. Neat post, solistus...I like your thoughts.

Whether or not a referrent actually exists is pretty arbitrary actually if we are talking about the psychedelic experience. The psychedelic experience is conducted on many levels in the mind-brain, including relevant for this point the emotional, the psychological, and what I'll call the cognitive (higher order rational thought processes).

Now, it is definitely the case that whether or not a concept is 'empty' (in the sense that there is nothing in its extension in this actual world) it still can affect the psychedelic experience (on the emotional, psychological, and cognitive level) as taking the place in the process of manipulation of 'belief-desire' states.

Most of us are pretty sure what people have been calling 'God' does not exist, yet it still has an affect in 'belief-desire' psychology in a huge number of people (and a profound one at that!).

This is why the question 'is it real?' makes little difference to me and actually strikes me as a bit misleading. When you tell a person about something that happened to you on a psychedelic, they are not questioning whether or not it REALLY WAS in your head, they are questioning whether or not the referrent actually exists (like the fish I pointed to in the creek to my friend on 4-HO-DMT - he didn't doubt I really saw a fish, he doubted that the fish existed apart from my perception of it).

What those who ask, 'is it real' should really be focusing on is the affect this has on the belief-desire psychology of the person and not whether or not the entity exists in this 'actual world.'

where the absurdists @???

synchronicity, as it stands, is a matter of faith. you could argue metaphysics all day, but i find it more revealing to look at the underlying causes of the notion - namely the search for meaning and unity in a world devoid of it.

I always experience synchronicity on psychedelics. Last time I tripped (too long ago) I felt so profoundly that everything in my life had led up to that moment. And the next moment. Like dominos. But I could really feel it. Obviously this is true sober as well. I believe that psychedelics bring your awareness up to a higher level. Your brain processes information so much faster, and on such a wider level, that you can experience what is always there.

Synchronicities are ever present. It's just that on psychedelics you can see it.

What is of far more interest to me is how the synchronicities persist after you come down from the psychs!?

I always experience synchronicity on psychedelics
i do also, but also the same amount when i am sober.

maybe synchronicities are just noticing things that you focus on.
for example...when you drive a Mustang GT...you notice mustangs everywhere on the road.

When i started tripping more and more i started to see similarities and everything seemd to all fit together.
It always has...it is just you are becoming aware of things that are

Be carefull peeps. While i too have been flabergasted by coincidental events while tripping, having synchronicity on the conscious mind is not a good thing

My example was that i was out on a bridge that overlooks the city near the nightclub district of my town. I was dead sober kicking back enjoying a j before hitting the scene again. Party goers often cross this bridge at 1 am on their way to the action. A group of 4 people 2 dudes, 2 gals were walking towards me. I could tell by the way they were acting and admiring all the little things they were tripping balls. So any way one dude starts to talking to me.

He was like "hey man hows your night what you doing ?"
To which i replied "pretty good man, just enjoying a half time show with this number, want a toke ?"
and then he was like "woa man thanks oh i cant believe this this is so awsome this was meant to be"

I ended up walking back to scene with the group and the whole time this dude just couldnt believe it and was ranting on how it was meant to be

The guy actually ended up giving me the shits. Could it have been destiny ? Possibly but the reality is you just randomly crossed paths with a friendly stranger who doesnt mind sharing a bit of green love

Knowing LSD's effects well and now seeing it unbiased from the outside i have concluded that synchronicity does exist, however psychedelics will cross many wires in your head and make you greatly exagerate the purpose and meaning from random events (which normal citizens will fail to see)

2 months back I was on a moderately high dose of lsd and watching kill bill 2. During the movie I had some hits of nitrous and each time reality came back to me it coincided with one of the most important scenes of the movie. I figured the drugs just made each particular scene seem pivotal to the movie, but it was still really awesome.

This happened a long time ago, but I ate 2 sugar cubes of some pretty stout L. My friend and I decided to get out of the house and walk through my neighborhood...this is right at that 1hr-1.5hr mark.
We started walking down a street with no intersections, just a straight road, soon after we were walking a car pulls up right in front of us...as if the road was horizontal, not vertical as it was....A guy gets out of the passenger door, gets in my face and shakes my hand. I was really freaked out by all this cuz everything had disappeared, but his face in my vision. I turned to look at my friend and he looked just as freaked out as i was so i assumed he saw what had happened, this fueled the intensity of everything.
We kept walking and I had that face in my vision, I had to get it out and the first thing i thought of was snowboarding, just then what appeared to be a snowboarder road down a mountain landscape and spiraled into itself in a super nova. This is when I became god. The journey continues through my neighborhood with many "sequenced" actions of people with sounds that would happen. about 20 minutes from this point we finally get back to my house...we were laying on the grass looking at the moon and a cloud formed what looked like a space craft. I got up and started walking around after realizing that "I'm just tripping and its a cloud" then i see that its cloudy...second later i smell an odd burning smell, a second after that my skin was numbing "HOLY SHIT THEYRE BOMBIMG US!" I was stumbling across the yard hacking up my lungs and i turned standing on the sidewalk facing the street and a friend, who i had no prior knowledge of him coming over, had his dad drop him off. He got out of the passenger door and immediately walked to me shaking my head, IT WAS THE SAME FACE. I stood completely torn apart after recalling what had just happened when we started walking. This exact moment took place near half an hour ago.
I've had crazy deja vu before, but that was always in dreams, around a month before the event would happen. This event made me obsessive and lose touch with how I should spend my experience with acid for a while. Expecting results from a drug and not myself in a simple summary.
Not only did I live with this moment and figure, but it was the thing that made me unstable and freak out, and it was also the thing that took me out of the paranoid state.

Last edited:
LiveIllegal said:
I always get wrong-number phone calls from odd sounding people while I'm tripping. One time I got a call while I was coming up on 2C-E and when I picked up all I heard on the other end was someone gasping for help. I assumed it was a prank call, probably was, but the timing was uncanny. I might've called the cops if not for the fact that I was out of my head on a psychadelic.

This happens to me a lot. A month ago I was tripping on 2CE and 2CT2 and had had a 5-meo-dmt trip half an hour before taking the 2Cs. I hadn't gotten any call on my cell for a long time, days I think. Then this friend called up who I haven't been in touch with for months. it was the first time she called and it seemed like SUCH a big coincidence at the time. I got extremely freaked out, lol.

I get missed calls on almost every trip. Two or three rings and before I can pick it up the call ends. It's always from different numbers I don't know. I've never called back on any of the numbers, but it's very strange how the number of missed calls I get increases so much when I'm tripping.

Ever since I've started experimenting with psychedelics, about 10 months I think, life has become so much more bizarre. Synchronicity increased a LOT with dxm and later when I tried other psychedelics, street light intereference phenomenon, long series of bizarre events that last well after the trips have ended. Nowadays I just don't know what to make of anything. Strange series of events happen more and more increasingly now. I don't try to have an explanation for synchronicity... just hanging on for the ride and figure out things as I go along. 8o

Xorkoth said:
I was just, in fact, writing about synchronicity in a PM to a friend, when I saw your new thread.

I'm not sure why psychedelics seem to bring it out, but I know that it doesn't only happen on psychedelics. On my +4 with 2C-E, I had a revelation about synchronicity. It happens whenever we are able to see beyond the single frame of reference we're in now so that we experience an event while knowing that it was coming. The universe is laid out perfectly so that everything affects everything else in some way and the whole of it comes together to create what is. As such, IMO, we do have free will at all times, but that free will itself is part of the universe, so that although we can only perceive one frame of it, all time and space and other dimensions are all already in existence, simultaneously. Since our past experiences are what make up our egoes, no matter how many times you went back to a point in the past to make a decision, you would always make the same decision. You'd make the same mental turns, back-and-forths, and the same eventual outcome.

As such, whatever does happen, is what was supposed to happen, so everything is always synchronous, except that most of the time you don't realize it. I've definitely been in mental states where I recognized that everything in my life and around me is always synchronistic.

I have been noticing it more and more and more as time goes by.

Synchronicity is an indication that you are on the right path. When things are chaotic you are on the wrong path.

When the gears of the great holographic universe are meshing properly...life is grand.

gloggawogga said:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=299716

How can there be a forest with no one around? Show me a forest without reptiles, birds or mammals? Can't they all hear the tree when it falls? How about the termites? How do you know the termites in the ground don't feel the vibration when the tree hits the ground and celebrate? What could be better for the little critters other than a fallen tree?

A forest, by definition, is a densly populated entity, teaming with life. There is no such thing as a forest with no one around. Unless you think humans are the only one's that count. There are many who benefit from that fallen tree.

you are on to something there. Do an experiment and report back to me. Smoke DMT in a barren landscape with NO life. What happens? Now try it near WATER or a dense forest? What happens? I bet a few could guess what will happen. Those entities you encounter could very well be the souls of the of the life that surrounds you.

mexican seafood said:
it's not that sound doesn't exist...but rather that the vibrations produced from a falling tree are not in of themselves, sound.

sound requires an eardrum to be sound.

the vibrations that move through the air are only mean sound to something that can hear.

Everything in this illusory universe is a vibration that can be placed on a broad spectrum that includes light, matter, sound, UV, X rays and on and on. The vibration itself is Karma, Yin Yang, Hanub Ku...etc. it is polarizing crests and troughs in the waves that construct this MAYA (illusion) the only thing that is real is that stillness that is in between the waves..... The all knowing, timeless, omnipotent, omnipresent grand NOTHINGNESS. HUH??? that line where you divide those crests and troughs down the middle is the REFERENCE point from which all waves of creation originate. That is the stillness. It is all knowing because it created each vibration in each dimension, infinitely and eternally. WTF am I talking about?

Why is my name mentioned in this thread so much? LOL

Aceyalone says it best.....

The second somebody dies somebody else is born
People are celebrating while other people mourn
Home may be home to you but to me it’s foreign
Even the matador don’t pull the bull by the horns
One man’s enemy is another man’s friend
One man’s poisons is another man’s medicine
So let us stand, let us sit and let us view
The changing of the guard oh it’s so hard to keep it true
It’s the balance of the scales it can’t be challenged or expelled
Soon as somebody lost somebody else prevails
Some someone is quiet at the same time someone yells
Half full or half empty water in the well
It’s the half and half hypothesis the 50/50 theory
Eerie as it may seem check your balance beam
It’s the half and half hypothesis the 50/50 theory
Eerie as it may seem check your balance beam
Now check your balance beamer with a feather and a rock
Wheath or not you find the answer is really not the plot
See it’s like love and hate (love...and hate)
The same emotion different weight
People love to hate so I know you know just how this all relates
It’s the posa and the nega tive
Mini and mega live
Arm a leg a leg an arm headed by a nigga
Like big and small
Short and tall
Night and day and so on
Some people are bashfull
Some people just love to get their flow on (they flow on)
So here goes one to grow on
I’m a go on and on and on till the principles are laid out
The scales of justice weighed out
Till your memory starts to fade out and your game of life is played out
Got to balance out the power don’t we?
Balance your emotions
Push and pull positions like the moon pulls on the ocean
Balance on one foot that’s equilibrium
Opposites attract and retract that’s a fact
I’m a libra y’all!
180 degrees but not that hot
So whether or not you find the answer is really not the plot (really not the
Plot)
Because giving is recieving (and) and seeing is believing (and)
And the solar system rotes so harmonious and even
It’s perfectly balanced

Verse 2:
Some people say life is about taking chances choices and decisions
Voices and opinions, politics and religion
Clues the past and cash and keys to the future
It’s a possibility and probability on who’s gonna execute yo ass
Some slow and analytical
Some quick fast on the dash
Like heads or tails but the head usually leads the tail
So I tell my tales from the head
Cause they’re embedded inside my cells
Real quick let me tell you about a fact I know things will even out
You can disbelieve or doubt or even shout or leave it in your mouth
Cause how you gone reason wit grand mother nature
Running mother earth controlled by father time who’s the chaser
It’s living and dying homey
Laughing and crying dude
Trying or lying my brother
Walking or flying fool
Now half of you are gone find the time to shine
The other half gone find crime, money weed wine
Till it’s to late in a disillusion state of mind
I just found my peace of mind
Now they want a piece of mine
To late in a disillusion of mind
The orthodox is the unorthodox they just got you on the names
The insane and the sane are the same
It’s a damn shame so many people’s aim is so lame
And their gain is so minimal
Caught up in the subliminal
It’s pleasure and pain, water for the flames, the wild and the tame
The style still remains if you use the right side of your brain
Instead of going against the grain
You can penetrate the vein to the point where what remains is a stain
Of this universal thang
That we call balance balance..

time traveler said:
Be carefull peeps. While i too have been flabergasted by coincidental events while tripping, having synchronicity on the conscious mind is not a good thing

My example was that i was out on a bridge that overlooks the city near the nightclub district of my town. I was dead sober kicking back enjoying a j before hitting the scene again. Party goers often cross this bridge at 1 am on their way to the action. A group of 4 people 2 dudes, 2 gals were walking towards me. I could tell by the way they were acting and admiring all the little things they were tripping balls. So any way one dude starts to talking to me.

He was like "hey man hows your night what you doing ?"
To which i replied "pretty good man, just enjoying a half time show with this number, want a toke ?"
and then he was like "woa man thanks oh i cant believe this this is so awsome this was meant to be"

I ended up walking back to scene with the group and the whole time this dude just couldnt believe it and was ranting on how it was meant to be

The guy actually ended up giving me the shits. Could it have been destiny ? Possibly but the reality is you just randomly crossed paths with a friendly stranger who doesnt mind sharing a bit of green love

Knowing LSD's effects well and now seeing it unbiased from the outside i have concluded that synchronicity does exist, however psychedelics will cross many wires in your head and make you greatly exagerate the purpose and meaning from random events (which normal citizens will fail to see)

I believe this is the most important post in this discussion. People on drugs can make all sorts of wrong conclusions, especially with psychedelics. Big surprise. I'm not saying every conclusion is wrong, heaven forbid, just that drugs mess with our serotonin and can cause delusions of all sorts. You just can't ignore the delusional nature of these substances, despite how amazing and emotional the trips are.

Now, onto why many coincidences are no big deal:

See, coincidences HAVE to happen. If coincidences did not happen the universe would be a strange place indeed.

This is called Littlewoods Law of Miracles and it is based on the law of truly large numbers. Basically it says that given a very large sample size, something unusual will surely happen.

wikipedia said:
Littlewood's law, making certain suppositions, is explained as follows: a miracle is defined as an exceptional event of special significance occurring at a frequency of one in a million; during the hours in which a human is awake and alert, a human will experience one thing per second (for instance, seeing the computer screen, the keyboard, the mouse, the article, etc.); additionally, a human is alert for about eight hours per day; and as a result, a human will, in 35 days, have experienced, under these suppositions, 1,008,000 things. Accepting this definition of a miracle, one can be expected to observe one miraculous occurrence within the passing of every 35 consecutive days -- and therefore, according to this reasoning, seemingly miraculous events are actually commonplace.

What I perhaps find truly interesting is that religious people are also obsessed with coinsidences/miracles. Perhaps psychedelics mess with the same brain machinery that religion affects.

samadhi_smiles said:
Everyday I smoked DMT last week someone (people I never discuss psychedelics with) mentioned DMT to me.

The indole smell is also floating in the air everywhere.

Every time last week? If you don't mind me asking how often do you use psychs, especially the powerful ones like DMT? Given I've never used DMT, but don't you find that when you over-use psychs that they lose their magic? Are you not concerned about long-term effects or changes in you from constant use?

On topic I have noticed things, but I'm not yet a believer in some cosmic karma, more likely I think it's just the mind noticing and percieving the reality around us differently.

Maybe in higher states of mind life is clearer and connected not obscured by layers of worthless thoughts and hopes. In a place of that clarity when we think of things they are direct reflection of things thinking of us; and everything is a reflection of a reflection without obscuring darkness that usually prevails though out our daily existence. A refection can manifest immediately in a place that clear. That the only theory I have come to about synchronicity.

Wow, what happens to me is really, really, freaky sometimes, i'll be tripping and all of a sudden things will all come together and I feel like i'm living in the now, then my thoughts start to come together exactly with things happening in the real world, the television will say the exact same things that I am thinking non-stop it even narrates my doubts about what is happening, eventually it gets ridiculous and I simply accept it for what it is. This exists outside of tripping also I just need to make a conscious effort to be aware of it. As for 11:11 I see it frequently whilst sober and tripping. These phenomena have really affected my beliefs in a serious way and have changed me. I just knocked down a slurpee and the TV says "did that just happen?". Maybe I'm just crazy or imagining things but I don't think so.