• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Ketamine Subthread] The K-Hole

No, I don't mean that a k-hole is simply taking more than a threshold dose...

I guess what I'm saying is that there is enough of a distinction between regular or high-dose ketamine (and other dissociative) experiences, and these "breakthroughs," to warrant having a specific word for it. In my mind a k-hole is a very specific, though extremely ineffable and idiosyncratic experience. Similar to a DMT breakthrough, it doesn't feel as simple as just "being on a lot of this drug," though it may indeed be as simple as reaching a certain level of "saturation" in my brain. To put it another way, you could say these experiences are somewhat like how Shulgin describes his "+4:"

"Plus Four: A rare and precious transcendental state, which has been called a 'peak experience', a 'religious experience,' 'divine transformation,' a 'state of Samādhi' and many other names in other cultures. It is not connected to the +1, +2, and +3 of the measuring of a drug's intensity. It is a state of bliss, a participation mystique, a connectedness with both the interior and exterior universes, which has come about after the ingestion of a psychedelic drug, but which is not necessarily repeatable with a subsequent ingestion of that same drug."

In order to breakthrough or reach this "higher state" I generally need to have not done any of the drug that day, and then take as much as I can, as quickly as I can. For ketamine this generally means injection of at least 100mg, and for DMT it means vaporizing at least 50mg all in one to three hits. In these experiences I enter a whole other modality, a whole new way of perceiving, very similar to dreaming. Most of the time, like in most dreams, I'm not aware that I'm on a drug or really have any idea what's going on until I come down. Because of the unique, transcendental nature of these experiences, as well as the somewhat arbitrary way they occur, independent of dose/compound, I think it makes perfect sense that people would give them their own distinguishing term.

In my opinion, some drugs are "more desirable for," or "better at" achieving these transcendental states, namely DMT and Ketamine. Most likely it's possible to achieve these "holes" or "breakthroughs" on nearly any psychedelic or dissociative, but in my experience (and many others'), nothing does it better than those two compounds. Something about the sheer magnitude and cutting-to-the-core of the highs, combined with the relatively short duration makes them perfect tools for diving into the mysterium tremendum. It's for those reasons that I think the word "k-hole" has become so popular, and that "breakthroughs" are usually associated with vaporized DMT. Whether or not these are "good" terms to have, I think they are useful. You could substitute the word for "near-anesthetic" or any number of terms, but I think hole works just fine for the full-out dissociative experience.

Last edited:
For me a k-hole is when I begin to lost touch with reality and k begins to take me on its own journey.
For example at a festival I was in a chair, and suddenly it felt like I was sliding backwards, through the chair, and through the tree behind me, then I would snap back into place and it would happen again.
People would talk to me and I would see them talk but be unable to understand anything they were saying.
You know that state people get when they're really fucked up, and they seem to snap out of it almost instantly probably 20 minutes after dosing; that is a k hole to me

-Images without any conscious that you mostly forget but remember just a little.

-What the fuck is going what am I?

-Ok I was a person what did I do die?

-Ok I know who I am why am I like this?

-Ok I took something what was it?

Excellent description of what goes on during the K-Hole.

My K-hole started like riding a swirling rollercoaster of tons of different scenes like the Matrix screen array in the architect place. Then I went into blackness and watched a movie of dead loved ones that appeared as white ethereal ghosts. Then I flew through a dimly lit landscape filled with rainbow buildings and other structures. Time was warping very distinctly here; everything, including my flight speed, would speed up very fast, then slow down until time seemed to completely stop. Time oscillated just like that. The most defining aspect of a K-hole, as opposed to a sub-breakthrough dose, is the fact that you can't do anything except watch.

One of the things about the K-hole to me is that it is hard to remember alot of it, infact the majority of it. To describe - I feel as though I'm falling through a transparent tunnel with no end. Other aspects feel like my soul is floating away on a cosmic sea. I also remember thinking once about how this universe came to be and why did god create it. I mention god here even though I'm an atheist, that's how powerful that moment was.

I honestly love nothing more than preparing an 150MG syringe ready for IM injection, then just lying down on my bed. Its always an awesome adventure. It's hard to plan most of the time because my girlfriend hate's me doing this. I always have to make sure my kids wont be home either. I find it an absolute waste to sniff Ketamine out and about or in a club. To me this should always be explored to k-hole dose on a bed or somewhere comfortable. that's just my opinion though.

It's weird because I use to think ketamine was really poor compared to MXE & 3-meo-PCP for that matter. It was only till I started IM injections did I see its true power. I never thought I'd say this, but I actually prefer Ket to MXE.

IM ketamine is about the only thing I seriously consider using a needle for. Once you get to the point of 200-250mg intranasally to hole, and half the time that's not enough it sucks.

IM ketamine is about the only thing I seriously consider using a needle for. Once you get to the point of 200-250mg intranasally to hole, and half the time that's not enough it sucks.

I'm the same. I had just read that much about IM ket injections that I had to try it. I'm frightened of IV. I've even fainted at the doctors getting IV but I'm ok injecting into my upper arm muscle. Although I have to hide the fact I use these needles for ket because of the stigma associated with it. I'm not a person who judges people who use needle's for IV btw.

I couldn't honestly see me using any other substance IM either. MXE and 3-Meo-PCP was always insufflation for me. I didn't see the need to get more out of they substances by using a needle.

I mostly plugged MXE. That was enough for me. Ketamine is supposed to be active rectally when mixed with sodium bicarbonate. I tried it once, and I dunno but the solution just looked so fucked up I didn't even try it.

I dont judge people who use needles. I'm just afraid of how dead or in jail I'll end up with needles. Like once I stick myself once, fuck it let me I'm/I've everything.

I actually liked 3rd plateau DXM better than k-hole (also experienced it before k.)

My body never minded DXM after 3 or so trips, maybe 300 trips later I started getting sick to my stomach again (and had access to excellent PCP for several years.)