Why don't Americans travel

It pleases me to see percy continuing to solidify his position as the Bluelight Villiage Idiot with each post he makes.

Finder said:
It pleases me to see percy continuing to solidify his position as a total fucking moron with each post he makes.
who rattled your cage.

Finder said:
It pleases me to see percy continuing to solidify his position as the Bluelight Villiage Idiot with each post he makes.
make up your mind son, fucking moron or village idiot?

AmorRoark said:
9mm: One could argue that foreigners entering America make an entirely new culture by accepting "American" practices yet keeping with their traditional cultural rites. There have been many studies done on this recently. Most agree that previous understandings of "Americanization" are too general. There is no such thing as a one-way in cultural implementors. It's fluid.

I'm quoting this because Amorroark's words hold a lot of weight in this discussion. if only we could all shed our xenophobia, ethnocentrism, and egoism and think like the above - the world would be a fucking better place. the less generalizing, knee-jerk reaction jerks like George W. Bush and percy102383 - the more happier the world is culturally.

percy168 said:
make up your mind son, fucking moron or village idiot?

A little from column A, a little from column B. *shrug*

i don't know why americans don't travel... i don't travel abroad because of the time/cost/headaches involved. i have a passport and have made my way around my quarter of the planet from the islands to the great white north... even though i'm a bachelor i prefer to use my (sometimes non-existant) vacation time to visit family and friends who have not stayed in Ohio- so alot of my resources get wrapped up into that. i'm fortunate that my new job allows me to accumulate vacation and maybe in a year or two i can take a month to wander around the greater world... but all of my other jobs strictly restricted me to five days for travel each year and there's not much you can do with that after accounting for visiting the family, my volunteer work, and dealing with any emergencies that required me to burn vacation days. I live within eight hours drive of Chicago, New York City, and Toronto... while still very generic and globalized I can take a long weekend to any of the three and feel like I'm in an altogether different place where english and modern plumbing still prevail.

if you want to get to the nitty-gritty of america not travelling, there's a substantial portion of the working class that never travels much from their home town unless they change jobs. some people simply don't have the travelling bug, growing up in a rural area outside of a minor metropolitan area- and living there now- there are people that have never even made the 30-minute drive into the city unless someone was in the hospital there.

i cant seem to locate my birth certificate, social security card, and passport....they were all in the same place and now they're gone...
thats pretty much why i dont travel.

on a serious note i think this thread is unnecessary , americans do travel. in almost every country i've been to i've met americans. they're like dog shit, everywhere. some are sound some are wankers but as i have just proved they're all well easy to wind up.;)

americans are scared for their safety.

they don't want to get killed by terrorists!

AmorRoark said:
I'm going to ignore percy considering nearly 50% of his posts are either about being a proud Brit or hating Israel and the US. Seriously. Look at his post history.
" look at my post history" jesus, you should get out more darling instead of trawling through the nonsense i've posted :\

percy168 said:
on a serious note i think this thread is unnecessary , americans do travel. in almost every country i've been to i've met americans. they're like dog shit, everywhere. some are sound some are wankers but as i have just proved they're all well easy to wind up.;)

Touche. :p

percy168 said:
" look at my post history" jesus, you should get out more darling instead of trawling through the nonsense i've posted :\

Worry not percy. I do get out. I went to Europe last summer. ;)

Your jingoistic views don't take any time to figure out.. they're pretty in-your-face.

kittyinthedark said:
That's another thing too - Americans get FAR less vacation time than just about anywhere else in the world. I have a whopping 5 days per year.

jesus, kitty, that's just fucking disgusting. how is that even legal? :(

man, we get a minimum of 4 weeks paid leave every year.

Why would anyone want Americans to travel to their country?

AmorRoark said:
Worry not percy. I do get out. I went to Europe last summer. ;)

Your jingoistic views don't take any time to figure out.. they're pretty in-your-face.
linguistic, pretty and well traveled, nice. next time your in europe come round and sit on my face. night night sweetheart. =D

I hear the English gents are a little stale in bed.

"I'm arriving! I'm arriving!"