Why don't Americans travel

I believe that also we have a higher standard of living so to live in the comfort that were use to cost a lot of money. Basically it cost all of our money to have the nicest things in the world.

Why? Because its fucking expensive. It cost me 700 USD round trip to go to Ireland, plus 70-200 Euros each night, plus gas, plus gifts and meals. I've gone to Greece beause it was insanely cheap since it was with my high school back when I was 15, and we had a short one day stop in England. I love going to other countries, but I can't afford it!

AmorRoark said:
I strongly disagree with this statement. I can think of 10+ cultures you can experience in my city alone.
going to taco bell is hardly experiencing a foreign culture.

percy168 said:
going to taco bell is hardly experiencing a foreign culture.

But going to a real local restaurant owned by real local people IS.

percy's just butthurt that I pointed out he can't think of anything else fun-3 to post on the internets beside America bashing. ;)

It's ok. Aus Social is waiting for you.

New said:
But going to a real local restaurant owned by real local people IS.
this is a local restaurant for local people, there's nothing for you here
tubs_body_150x180.jpg

to be fair, there is a multitude of cultures in america.

Go to Boston, or Chinatown in NY, or a small town in Alabama, to Seatle and San Fransisco. Go to New Orleans, then go to Kentucky. Then to Miami. There's plenty to see in america.

Sure, it's not the difference between Japan and France by any means. But what most europeans don't seem to get.. is that flights here are expensive as shit. We have 2 countries near us.. one poor as dirt.. and the other.. a french-like america ;), A flight 500 miles south.. would cost me 200 bucks. A flight from Germany to Italy wouldn't cost that much. No where near it.

2ndly, our country in itself, just in landmass is huge. The majority of americans have never seen so much as a beach (those in the plain states and midwest).

Most of us also have a very different work environment than what the rest of hte world is accustomed to. THe majority of us don't get so much as 3 weeks for vacaiton. 2 weeks is the norm, and even if you have the vacaiton... most places, especially on the corporate side, made you feel like you shouldn't take what you're given. It's extremely rare and reserved for the rich to go overseas, or to take a month vacation to go travelling.

percy168 said:
chicago eh, oh the cultural capital of the world 8)

It's actually very diverse.

Never mind they have a stretch of street focused on buying...but it's a very wonderful city.

percy168 said:
this is a local restaurant for local people, there's nothing for you here
tubs_body_150x180.jpg

And that didn't really seem necessary. You also embedded the image wrong.

AnalogSingularity said:

yeah like

gun culture, drug culture, gang culture, celebrity culture the place is swimming in culture. =D

Your logic and reasoning is piss poor. Go back to Aus Social, and mingle with your kind.

AnalogSingularity said:
Chinatown USA is very different from Beijing, China. Little Italy, is very different from Venice, Italy.

A foreign subcultral area transplanted into America, is just a taste of the culture, to really experiance it go to the source.

New said:
It's actually very diverse.
America is culturally diverse, mainly due to its size, and immigrant population. Also most subcultures found in America, are either watered down or Americanized.

I'm going to ignore percy considering nearly 50% of his posts are either about being a proud Brit or hating Israel and the US. Seriously. Look at his post history.

9mm: One could argue that foreigners entering America make an entirely new culture by accepting "American" practices yet keeping with their traditional cultural rites. There have been many studies done on this recently. Most agree that previous understandings of "Americanization" are too general. There is no such thing as a one-way in cultural implementors. It's fluid.

9mmCensor said:
Chinatown USA is very different from Beijing, China. Little Italy, is very different from Venice, Italy.

A foreign subcultral area transplanted into America, is just a taste of the culture, to really experiance it go to the source.

America is culturally diverse, mainly due to its size, and immigrant population. Also most subcultures found in America, are either watered down or Americanized.

Yes, I agree with you completely, but it's also a thousand percent cheaper than to go to the source.