Why don't Americans travel

waking_orange said:
Why don't American's travel outside the country. I read an article saying that less than 10 percent of Americans have a passport. I have traveled around the world and I meet people from around the world except American's. Is our society so individualistic that we don't give a shit about any other place except our own.

i go to europe every summer.. hehe i think id go nuts if i were to be here for more than 2 years without at least visiting poland <3

edit: ive reacher bluelighter status who-rah.

who_can_say said:
Same for us, sweetheart. Length of travel isn't something that is unique to the United States.

Like i said, if someone wants to go somewhere badly enough, they'll find a way.

By that logic then, combined with the arguments provided by many Americans, most Americans don't travel because most of them don't want to badly enough.

ego_loss said:
By that logic then, combined with the arguments provided by many Americans, most Americans don't travel because most of them don't want to badly enough.

In all fairness, that's probably not unique to Americans either. I know plenty of Aussies who couldn't give a shit about seeing other parts of the world. To each their own. :D

I would travel, but I can't even afford to leave my state, let alone country.

Those who can afford it though, should do so.

Americans are allowed a much smaller vacation allowance on average than almost every other country (especially Europe).

This could explain it.
Also, America is an extremely large country with alot of diversity.. some people are content traveling within the country.
I'm American and I've traveled to at least 20 different countries.
but Im the exception.

I travel as much as possible. Last summer I went all over Western and Eastern Europe. I've been to Asia before too. It is really expensive and our vacation time sucks here in the US.

We do travel asshole our country is fucking huge. Besides Europeans are near fucking everthing.

Americans don't travel? Geee... I could have sworn that when I walked into this Internet place, I was in Hanoi.... maybe it's just San Francisco.

Wait, I am in Hanoi! So what the hell am I doing on Bluelight?!

Boo Fucking Hoo to you that you can't get to the US or Europe. We can't get ANYWHERE.

lmfao!

yes, 8 hours is such a long time. it's not like flying to europe from australia takes 20+ hours and costs far more!

euphoricnod said:
We do travel asshole our country is fucking huge. Besides Europeans are near fucking everthing.

If you read the original post, you'll see that the OP is American. You'll also see that he was talking about travel outside the US.

Also, the comparison with Europeans is true in one sense, but ignores the fact that people with further to go than Americans still travel more. Far more Australians and New Zealanders travel than Americans (based on % of population, obviously). But we're further away from everything than you are, and it's more expensive for us (because of the exchange rate).

As I posted earlier - 25% of New Zealanders are outside New Zealand, right now. That's about the same as the total % of Americans who have a passport!

Sim0n said:
If you read the original post, you'll see that the OP is American. You'll also see that he was talking about travel outside the US.

Also, the comparison with Europeans is true in one sense, but ignores the fact that people with farther to go than Americans still travel more. Far more Australians and New Zealanders travel than Americans (based on % of population, obviously). But we're further away from everything than you are, and it's more expensive for us (because of the exchange rate).

As I posted earlier - 25% of New Zealanders are outside New Zealand, right now. That's about the same as the total % of Americans who have a passport!
fixed, because I know you love it when I'm anal

Damn dog, I came in here thinking there was going to be some serious knowledge and shit, because you know a posting history that goes Suess -> Simon -> Atlas has to be worth reading (even if I'm the dumb filling in this particular sandwich).

And all I get is spelling corrections?

Sigh.

Thread is dead, huh? =D

Cus they can't afford two plane seats!

Yea, a fat joke, bet you didn't see that comin'.