• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos All benzodiazepines under tongue?

jasoncrest said:
You can take all benzos sublingually (under tongue), unless you can't stand the taste (I can't put Alprazolam under my tongue; while Clonazepam or Lorazepam taste good....)
Sublingually, they are stronger, hit quicker, etc...

There are a few ones that you cannot put under your tongue: the inactives ones. These benzos are inactive, and they need to be taken orally to get converted to Nordazepam.
There are only 3 of them I can think of:
-Chlordiazepoxide
-Clorazepate Dipotassium (Tranxene)
-Ethyl Loflazepate

If clorazepate is metabolised in to nordazepam than how come they feel completely different? (Besides that they are both shit)

Aeon Psyche said:
If clorazepate is metabolised in to nordazepam than how come they feel completely different? (Besides that they are both shit)
the same way codeine and morphine feel different i would imagine
perhaps the way they metabolize effects the buzz you get

Aeon Psyche said:

My guess would be there are other, weaker metabolites that 'flavor' the experience.

I believe you're right. "Clorazepate produces the metabolite desmethyl-diazepam" Quoted from wikipedia. Clorazepate is nothing like diazepam though :|

^

Desmethyl-diazepam is nordazepam... unless that's what you were trying to say.

Also, that clorazepate feels nothing like valium may be because diazepam produces several active metabolites (e.g. oxazepam, temazepam) that differ from the ones created by clorazepate.

sublingual never seemed to work as well as swallowing pills for me, i've been using benzos for years and throughout that time i would switch between sublingual and oral administration...and oral just seemed to be more effective.

perhaps i have some weird enzyme problem with my saliva and my mouth, shrug.

Mr Blonde said:
^

Desmethyl-diazepam is nordazepam... unless that's what you were trying to say.

Also, that clorazepate feels nothing like valium may be because diazepam produces several active metabolites (e.g. oxazepam, temazepam) that differ from the ones created by clorazepate.

Yes, the other metabolites play a role in it too. Clorazepate isn't only Desmethyl-diazepam a.k.a nordazepam. It's other things too (but you already pointed that out.)

designed_reality said:
sublingual never seemed to work as well as swallowing pills for me, i've been using benzos for years and throughout that time i would switch between sublingual and oral administration...and oral just seemed to be more effective.

perhaps i have some weird enzyme problem with my saliva and my mouth, shrug.

Is it even healthy to keep chemicals in your mouth? I try to avoid that as much as possible.

theres nothing unhealthy about sublingualing a pill (ie think subox/utex, or ativan/kpin wafers)
unless the shits full or sugar. but alas i woudl have to agree that i get MUCH stronger more noticable effects if i just swallow the pineklones on an empty stomach. even temazepam.........though it gets me wrecked no matter how i take it, i swear to you swallow em on an empy stomach if you want to get "high"
if just using for therapy than it doesnt matter if your stomach is full or not. it doesnt mattter At All :)

hate to bring up an old thread but im currently sublingualing a pill of xanax its bitter but i can easily stand it, Zopiclone is way worse and your just swallowing a pill

benzos are designed for sublingual administration. its up to you if you want to take them that way, eat 'em, or snort 'em. and dont start with "you cant snort benzos y0!" because you can; water soluability has nothing to do with snortability.

I agree that they can be snorted, but the problem for me is how little active ingredient there is in the pill in comparison to the binders/fillers. I wouldn't snort a bar, because I'm shoving God knows how much extra shit up my nose for a mere 2 milligrams of goodness. And I could just swallow that. But hey - whatever gets you good, go for it.

My friends mom had a shitload of clorazepates and we used to eat em a lot. Felt like a weak benzo, but definately is not shit.

I just snorted a 10mgs Diaz with my 4mgs bupre and I wouldn´t advice anybody doing this .
Reasons : 1) There´s some ´fillers` finding their way into your respiratory system, I definitely feel this in spite of reading people stating the opposite ;
2) If you ever wish to break the Junk cycle, inhaling anything gives you that part of ´The routine` which has brought you to where you are today, which in turn might just not be exactly where you feel the most comfortable in ...
3) Years and years of this have shown me that oral administration is what you should do till you feel compelled not to have this bs ruining your life .
4) There´s some personal, uncalled for , anti junk opinions expressed above, if they are not for you ... good ! Means we are two junkies who spend a great deal of their daily life obsessing over ways to get high(er) . Such a great place to be in , innit ?