How easy/hard is it to get paraphernalia in the States?

max_freakout

Bluelighter
I know there are now laws about selling paraphernalia have they been successful? And does it apply to all the states or are there still some places with proper headshops selling druggie gear?

Im a guy from UK just want to get my mental picture of the US right!

Yea we still have a good number of "proper headshops" in the states. Also most any drug paraphenilia can be purchased over the net with little to no risk%)

man, people just misuse water pipes that are clearly for tobacco. they call them "bongs". worse yet, people buy insense burners to smoke worse drugs out of. mostly meth. then they call it a "pookie"

^ a "pookie?" hahahah, they need help.

it is fairly easy to get bongs, pipes, etc. in headshops/smokeshops or online.

Although PHX won't deliver to the United States, which is kinda frustrating and pointless :\

Yep, very easy!

Just make friends with a stoner, and they will tell ya all about the good headshops. Around here the Rastafarian's own several. They are usually near college campuses. I haven't been to one in years, but the best headshope EVER, is still there. They sell a wide varitey of para. It was just fun to get stoned and go in there and look around. THE BEST thing they sold was a
piss-passer made from the herbs they grew, and customed mixed for you. I smoked pot heavily back in those days, and it worked like magic. These were some smart dudes. They custom mixed you a bottle depending on your needs. It got me and my X through several drug tests. Any true stoner who actually had a job, knew about this place.

max_freakout said:
In that case why did Tommy Chong go to prison for it? 8(

^^^The fucking pigs thought they could make an example of him.... didnt work though... I mean look at the number of online headshops

^ i don't know but i live in a pretty small city (about 100,000 people) and we have four headshops here that sell everything- pipes for weed, meth, crack, etc. every piece has a tag on it that says "intended for tobacco only" or something. you aren't allowed to call it a bong/meth pipe, you have to say waterpipe/oil burner or you get kicked out of the store. so they get around the law by intending to sell it for legal uses only.

besides that there are a bunch of tattoo shops and even used clothing stores/gift shops that also sell glass pipes and bongs

and needles OTC in the grocery/drugstore

yea and i imagine the reason that guy got arrested is beacause he's such a well-known pro-weed celebrity that they thought it would "send a message" or something

baltimore has 7 or 8 headshops within a mile radius of eachother, some next door to eachother. in other words...no its not hard at all.

Theres a lot of headshops near my work... I can think of 3 within a mile radius and im sure theres more I don't know about.

max_freakout said:
The U.S doesn't sound as strict as i'd imagined....

its not strict but its kinda fucked up. like shit will be legal or illegal and you can still get arrested or left alone. kinda hard to explain but shits straight fucked sometimes

shit always just depends.

It doesnt make sense to me, they make drugs illegal, so there are no 'drug shops' that sell illegal drugs, because if they were the police would shut them down, yet they also made drug paraphernalia illegal, but there are still shops that openly sell it and they dont get busted, i dont understand what the point was of making paraphernalia illegal in the first place if they weren't going to enforce the law beyond a very small number of cases

All these paraphernalia shops are openly breaking the law

Paraphrenalia such as water bongs, pipes, hookahs and hitters, are sold as "tobacco use only" products.

While the authorities know that they are more often than not used for illegal recreational drugs, they only prosecute ownership of said items as drug paraphrenalia when there is the presence of the drug on or in the item.

"Head shops" often sell the pipes and bongs with Salvia Divinorum and other legal herbs of intoxication.

Such a loophole exists with psilocybin as well.

The drug only exists in the matured mushrooms, and while having the mushrooms is illegal, having the spores and growing materials to create the mushroom is not.