How easy/hard is it to get paraphernalia in the States?

In Massachusetts I believe any of these pipes have to be sold as art. In my hometown this is strictly enforced, and all pipes are sold on a necklace. In areas closer to Boston the laws seem way more relaxed and there are more proper headshops.

I live in LA, and if you ever go to Venice Beach, that's pretty much all that's there. Headshop after headshop....

wng- said:
In Massachusetts I believe any of these pipes have to be sold as art. In my hometown this is strictly enforced, and all pipes are sold on a necklace. In areas closer to Boston the laws seem way more relaxed and there are more proper headshops.

lol so even if you are buying some intricate, $400 bubbler it will still come with a piece of hemp string tied to it?

Bauer095 said:
Although PHX won't deliver to the United States, which is kinda frustrating and pointless :\
Are u sure? Then how do they sell phx bongs at headshops? My bro just bought one a couple of months ago. Do they only sell to stores or something like that?

in some states (illinois, or at least where I live in illinois) its illegal to sell bongs, pretty mucha nything with a pull choke. they can have bubblers (pretty much a bong with no pull) and bongs with carb holes, but bongs are illegal to buy here. just recently though, i guess they figured they found a way around the law and are now selling bongs without the stem or the bowl in them and its just a hole and they call it a "vase" but if you ask about stems and bowls, they direct you to the back where they hold all the glass.

wng- said:
ahhhahahha! i want a 3-foot-bong necklace

^ indeed, and glass by brandon, the sicknastiest of all sicknasties :)

it depends on the area, even the city. for instance, all the head shops in Va Beach were shut down but in norfolk (literally next door, like bordering eachother) there are still some open. including my all time fav *******

bmore has a bunch, and there are a ton of tattoo/pipe stores round here (north west fl). these are the places ive lived so they are what i know about, but it seems mostly to be a localized thing. cops in certain areas choosing to enforce laws, others not so much

TokinDerrick said:
in some states (illinois, or at least where I live in illinois) its illegal to sell bongs, pretty mucha nything with a pull choke. they can have bubblers (pretty much a bong with no pull) and bongs with carb holes, but bongs are illegal to buy here. just recently though, i guess they figured they found a way around the law and are now selling bongs without the stem or the bowl in them and its just a hole and they call it a "vase" but if you ask about stems and bowls, they direct you to the back where they hold all the glass.

yeah probably just where you live.....i cant even count the number of bongs i have not only bought, but then walked down the street to my house (like 5 miles) with it out in the open...and i live in chicago

there's about 5 headshops that i know off-hand that are very close to each other.
there are a lot more than that though in the entire city

Can't believe no one mentioned flea markets. Often there are a couple tobacco accessory vendors there with some descent wares at cheap prices (you can haggle too sometimes), but the headshops will generally have better variety.

in some states water pipes are illegal. JBD was shut down for shipping waterpipes through such states. i believe tommy chong went to jail for doing that. his company was raided during operation pipe dreams, and he was charged with distributing paraphanalia.

bromance said:
I live in LA, and if you ever go to Venice Beach, that's pretty much all that's there. Headshop after headshop....

I live in venice and i can second that statement.....one of the best shops would b art of venice, they cosutom blow you some glass. sorry of thas sources...i dont think it is though... :p

max_freakout said:
The U.S doesn't sound as strict as i'd imagined....

perception that's about it. You can purchase a lot in headshops in the US. I've bought a lot on line since the prices are a lot less on line. Every site i've dealt with ships stealth which helps.

eye kant spehll said:
I live in venice and i can second that statement.....one of the best shops would b art of venice, they cosutom blow you some glass. sorry of thas sources...i dont think it is though... :p

i love that shop. their pieces are sooo nice.

TokinDerrick said:
I live in Chicago and I've never had problems buying bongs or anything else. I also never had to watch my words either inside the headsops. I could straight up say something like "yo, leeme get that bong up there, I need to get blown". 1 time they had this little thin glass tube which I called a crackpipe, and the dude still didn't care, in fact, he laughed.

takemeonboard said:
in some states water pipes are illegal. JBD was shut down for shipping waterpipes through such states. i believe tommy chong went to jail for doing that. his company was raided during operation pipe dreams, and he was charged with distributing paraphanalia.
Nope, Chong was busted for "conspiracy" to distribute paraphernalia. Despite the fact that they found weed in his house when they searched him.

^ don't worry, it was a big improvement. you should seriously consider always posting dots instead of words