• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Triazolam "Halcion"

Sond said:
have any of you halcion heads tried brotizolam to compare? Is it about the same?

Mg for mg britizolam is about half the strength of triazolam. Both share very strong hypnotic effects and a short half-life.
I have tried britizolam but never triazolam. I took about 0.5mgs with 6mgs of lorazepam and 30mgs of adderall before I had a private math lesson followed by a photography class. It a was a very pleasent, and even somewhat, productive experience though my memory of the time is a bit blurry. If I remember correctly Britizolam is about twice the strenght of xanax (mg for mg) though IME it felt about four times as strong (not potent, if that makes any sense) due to its very strong sedating effects.

melange said:
one time i tried to kill myself and i took 5.5 mg's of this shit and "slept" for 2 days straight and as expected didn't remember shit.

With a mean T1/2 of 3.5 hours, after 3.5 hours you would have 2.75mg in your system, after 7 hours 1.375mg and so on... even a huge dose would be gone in 24 hours, so how come you slept for 2 days? Mix it with something longer acting?

I took 3mg today and didn't feel shit.

But that could be because I took upwards of 20mg of roofies for 2 days straight beforehand.

I need to cut out the benzos for awhile and then try the Halcion again perhaps?

haribo1 said:
Err... how does one KNOW that they didn't get amnesia. I'm not knocking anyone here, I'm just asking...
i remember the whole night clearly... i was with friends who i varified the night's events with.

i did actally take 10mgs at once for recreation--a tolerance makes that not even that outrageous--and it just got me high, similar to a very powerful lorazepam or temazepam high.

...and i dont remember it *CRYSTAL CLEARLY* ... but it certainly didnt have an amneseatic effect even on level with xanax.

as far as euphoria with benzos goes, this is the best ive ever had--however ive not tried roofies or midazolam

is this stuff safe to take? my doc has prescribed me some to take 2 pills (probably the small dose), twice a day.

Im starting to think he doesn't know much about the safety of drugs though, since he pretty much prescribes me anything i ask for, and im only 18 years old.

so far he's already prescribed subutex, methadone, oxycodone, vicodin, dillaudid, ms contin, klonopin, soma, ambien, and whatever else that im forgetting.

i asked for halcion since it has a short half life, and he thinks that at least for the purposes of taking a drug three days straight, then stopping it for three days, then taking it again for three days, the shorter the half-life, the less "addictive" it is.

anyway, is this shit even safe? ive been reading so much about crazy violent effects, amnesia, not being able to sleep at all after you take it, etc etc. would i just be better off taking some MDMA? this halcion stuff seriously sounds more dangerous than any of the other benzos ive read about, except rohypnal, which is illegal here in the US.

yeah, you'd be better off with MDMA. wayyyy better sleep aid than halcion....

its fine, the scare associated with it back in the 80s or 90s or whenever it was the same as whats going on with ambien/lunesta/etc.

its safe though.

i have a script for .25mgs of halicon's

i took 2 one night and was very delleirous i wouldnt conisder it tripping, but if i was a newbie i might have

i just tried half of a .25mg halcion, and i didnt feel any effects, except i started burning and itching for about 30 seconds and started panicking. that went away when i ran to the other room though and called the doctor. i didnt feel any effects though. from .125mg of it. is that normal? i dont really have a benzo tolerance. ive only taken a few weeks of klonopin in my life, at maybe 6mg a day. and that was a few months ago. i took that much for a few days a week ago too. but other than that...

anyway, how does xanax compare to halcion in terms of euphoria? cuz i dont think my doc wants me taking anymore halcion cuz it made me itch for 30 seconds (even though he said that was jus tme panicking and not hte drug). hes gonna rpescribe me xanax instead. how will that compare in terms of euphoria, anti-anxiety, feel goodness, etc?

i never had halcion, but took plenty of the spoken lendormin (brotizolam). i haven't liked it. it's very strong & short acting, 0.5 mg with a tolerance will put me to sleep, but it's too sedating, no euphoria or drunk kind high, just strong clumsy tired feeling. i prefer nitrazepam, or alprazolam x10 more...

It lasts two hours and isn't anywhere near as good for anxiety. Is good for sleeping. Is quite potent too.

Boiling in Acid said:
i never had halcion, but took plenty of the spoken lendormin (brotizolam). i haven't liked it. it's very strong & short acting, 0.5 mg with a tolerance will put me to sleep, but it's too sedating, no euphoria or drunk kind high, just strong clumsy tired feeling. i prefer nitrazepam, or alprazolam x10 more...

Brotizolam is much better than triazolam in my opinion.

I've read that taking .5mg of halcion is as high as one can go without going into "dangerous" dosages, yet i took 8mg of klonopin throughout the day today, but a .5mg xanax pill at the end, and im feeling very mild effects... like i cant wait very well, but i feel depressed and pissed off - not euphoric or anything at all. because of this i have a feeling that .5mg of halcion wont do anything for me, or at lesat not much. is it safe to to make than .5mg of halcion; or are is there something better out there to give me euphoria and a sense of well being? I also have xanax. i took 2mg yesterday and ti was pretty lame... didnt do too much. felt like maybe 2 to 3 mg of klonopin.

anywya, what would you guys suggest regardig doses of halcion AND xanax? separately of course, just how much can i safely take of one? and which would be best?

mikebobjohn said:
I've read that taking .5mg of halcion is as high as one can go without going into "dangerous" dosages, yet i took 8mg of klonopin throughout the day today, but a .5mg xanax pill at the end, and im feeling very mild effects... like i cant wait very well, but i feel depressed and pissed off - not euphoric or anything at all. because of this i have a feeling that .5mg of halcion wont do anything for me, or at lesat not much. is it safe to to make than .5mg of halcion; or are is there something better out there to give me euphoria and a sense of well being? I also have xanax. i took 2mg yesterday and ti was pretty lame... didnt do too much. felt like maybe 2 to 3 mg of klonopin.

anywya, what would you guys suggest regardig doses of halcion AND xanax? separately of course, just how much can i safely take of one? and which would be best?

I have heard that non-tolerance peoson can go as much as 1mg without going to dangerious dosage. Tolerant person can go much higher. The only problem is, you will go to deep sleep for 1mg dosage.

I forget if I've already replied to this thread.
I have used triazolam roughly 7 times, and it is unlikely that I will have another opportunity to do so.

at .5 milligrams, it kicked in very rapidly. For about a half hour, I was thinking "whoa shit! I'm pretty loopy!" I promptly forgot the rest of the evening. I reportedly brushed my teeth and went to bed. That's it.

I found .25 mg to be a more appropriate dose. To tell you the truth, I didn't like them too much. I found the ratio of sedation to other effects to be too high, and their short duration is a bit annoying.

No hangovers. No hallucinations.

ebola

mikebobjohn said:
is this stuff safe to take? my doc has prescribed me some to take 2 pills (probably the small dose), twice a day.

Im starting to think he doesn't know much about the safety of drugs though, since he pretty much prescribes me anything i ask for, and im only 18 years old.

so far he's already prescribed subutex, methadone, oxycodone, vicodin, dillaudid, ms contin, klonopin, soma, ambien, and whatever else that im forgetting.

i asked for halcion since it has a short half life, and he thinks that at least for the purposes of taking a drug three days straight, then stopping it for three days, then taking it again for three days, the shorter the half-life, the less "addictive" it is.

anyway, is this shit even safe? ive been reading so much about crazy violent effects, amnesia, not being able to sleep at all after you take it, etc etc. would i just be better off taking some MDMA? this halcion stuff seriously sounds more dangerous than any of the other benzos ive read about, except rohypnal, which is illegal here in the US.
You would be better taking MDMA yes, as long as you keep a long period of time between each experience, to get the best out of each experience. And I wouldn't be amazed if Halcion would be more dangerous than Rohypnol, though Roofies are one of the most dangerous benzo's there is as well, it has one of the lowest safety profiles of all benzo's. Too bad you can't get Rohypnol in the US, I just got a refill for my Rohypnol scripted by my doctor today :D

I've had a prescription for 2x1mg Rohypnol a night for some time now, and also 15mg Dormicum for occasional use when I really can't fall asleep(I have had severe insomnia for some time now). I'm going to the US this summer, and I was wondering how I was going to take both with me when I'm going through customs. I also have a prescription for 35mg Dexedrine a day, would that cause much hassle with customs and all? I was mainly wondering about the Dormicum but even moreso about the Rohypnol since it's apparently illegal. Does anyone know something about the laws that would apply to my medication and me being a tourist? Any info would be much appreciated!

Aeon Psyche said:
Brotizolam is much better than triazolam in my opinion.
Amen to that. Triazolam is damn weak crap. I took 5 of them a few weeks ago, I didn't even feel like I took something, and I didn't have a killer tolerance at that time, I was prescribed 2mg Rohypnol and 15mg Dormicum at that time, but I still should at least have felt something, but no, it did shit. I had a full recollection of the night before, no amnesia at all.

mikebobjohn said:

That's bullshit, paradoxical effects have occured in some people at that dose, but those were very rare, and only happened in non-tolerant people.

There are ofcourse much better things out there to give euphoria and a sense of well being, go for Rohypnol, it's both at fulfilling both of your demands, and it's very relaxing to. Have you tried out mxing your benzo's with a small amount of alcohol though? I don't find most benzo's euphoric on their own(except for Rohypnol and Dormicum as well as IM/IV Rivotril), but when I drink a few beers or glasses of wine with them, it makes it a lot more relaxing or even euphoric. Don't overdo it though, just stick to a few glasses or else you tend to forget too much, do stupid shit or fall asleep.

Last edited:
RorerQuaalude714 said:
IMO triazolam is bar none, the best sleeper still on the market. However, I do find that it's a benzo that's extremely prone to cause bizarre behaviour, IME. Every single time I've taken Halcion, I've done something extremely stupid, forgot about it, then woke up the next morning to face whatever consequences that action had.

Honestly, 2.5 mg of Halcion tore me up worse than 75 mg of oral midazolam, both intoxication wise and amnesia wise.

As usual, I am in total agreement with RQ's opinion on a benzo :)

I was precribed Triazolam at one point and it was the most powerful sleeping agent I've ever had. For me, it is take pill - pass out 20mins later. I can't even comment on its effects on anxiety since I would always just fall asleep. It is also quite powerful in that it doesn't seem to be greatly affected by cross-tolerance with other benzos.

One thing to be very careful about: I experienced withdrawals after just 2 weeks of use. I assume this is due to this benzo's extremely short half-life. Another problem with this one is that after a few days of use, you may start experiencing rebound wakefulness in the middle of the night. It happened to me. This, like midazolam, is one benzo you seriously do not want to mix with other depressants, especially alcohol since it seems to cause more respiratory depression than other benzos.

I experienced no hallucinations, and this isn't much of a recreational drug unless you find sleep particularly fun.

Jamshyd said:

I was precribed Triazolam at one point and it was the most powerful sleeping agent I've ever had. For me, it is take pill - pass out 20mins later. I can't even comment on its effects on anxiety since I would always just fall asleep. It is also quite powerful in that it doesn't seem to be greatly affected by cross-tolerance with other benzos.
And what was the dosage?

Jamshyd said:

This, like midazolam, is one benzo you seriously do not want to mix with other depressants, especially alcohol since it seems to cause more respiratory depression than other benzos.

Do you think it can cause respiratory depression even if I dont mix with any other drug or alcohol? What is the safe level for a non-tolerant 140 lbs person?

The most I have ever taken was 1mg, actually - and that seriously knocked me out. Keep in mind that I have some benzo tolerance already.

While I doubt that it is dangerous on its own as long as you stick with sane doses, however, to my knowledge this is the first benzo ever to be withdrawn from the market (in the UK) for being potentially dangerous. I am not sure dangerous in what way though, maybe someone in the UK can tell you more. At the very end, I think this benzo is only good for novelty. The sleep thing is not that important anymore since brotizolam is now common and I found it to be just as effective as a hypnotic without the need to make you pass out every time you take it.

I would recomend you take the smallest dose medically-recommended. I believe that would be 0.25mg. I was able to feel that dose very strongly when I first tried it.

My favourite benzo, just a shame they only last for 45 minutes. Definitely more euphoric than any others that I've tried.

to psychonaut "My dick is bigger than yyooooooooouuurrss. my dick is bigger than yoooouurrsss. i get fucking roofies scripted to me every day and none of you do so im so much fucking cooler than all 0of you becasue your benzos are all shitty and none of you can get as good of shit as i can. oh by the way I POST THIS IN EVERY FUCKING THREAD AS WELL that, i get roofies prescribed and you dont, and halcion and klonopin and xanax all suck balls and dont even work compared to the most dangerous and best benzo in the world tha i get prescribed.......ROYHYPNOL"
fucking lame ass shut the fuck up
now your trying to tell me royhypnol is stronger than even halcion? boy ....haha whatever. ill just leave you to let the vultures pick your bones hahahhahaahahhaa