• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[LSD Subthread] The Clean vs. Dirty Acid Debate (Part 2 - Archived)

college_dropout

Bluelighter
Are there specific telltale signs that signal you've taken dirty acid?

Like for instance, on Australia day I did two cubes. They were definitely LSD and gave me a great trip. I had nice visuals but it seemed like on the lining on the colourful visual patterns there seemed to be other really dirty colours, like dark murky brown/grey which gave the visuals an ugly tinge to them. When I looked up at the clouds, rather than having a nice silver lining they just looked incredibly dirty and yuck. I found this quite strange because usually acid brings out the beauty in all things natural.

Anywho, a couple of weeks later I was back tripping again from a different source but this time it felt a lot cleaner. As in the visuals were nice and crisp and didn't have that ugly, murky edge to them. Looking up at the clouds they looked a nice crisp white/grey rather and free of the rotten lining they had last time.

Does any relate to this? Is that how you can tell if you've ingested bad quality acid? Or is it more psychological/physical factors?

I believe there definitely is such thing as dirty acid, but I doubt it would make visuals be more "yuck". It could do such things as annoying calf cramps, fingers/hands/toe/foot numbness, body load and nausea. This would be caused from a poor synthing from multiple different sources, and ending up with a not so clean product. I heard from someone who took acid quite a lot in the late 60's and early 70's that everyone used to take doses from 200 upto 600 micrograms at once. And while the mental trip was intensely strong, there was never any physical problems. On a high dose of acid these days you're bound to run into some very heavy body load that can quickly turn into anxiety or even nausea. There would be a site somewhere that lists common impurities in LSD. Some of these impurities are totally inactive, some may even have their own effects in certain dosages, some may do nothing alone at any dose, but when mixed with other impurities and LSD itself they may change the effects, or if it was made from LSA and friends there may still be some remaining "nasties". But yeah I'm not a chemist I'm just going off what I have read over the years in certain books, the internet and people who seem to have knowledge. In the past this has been a real debate in Psychedelic Forum, people saying impurities and degraded LSD does have different effects, while others simple say LSD is LSD is LSD.

This is a question that I am confused about as well. I am relatively unexperienced with LSD, so I can't really compare, but the stuff that I have been getting has a bit of a body load, even at low doses (like 1/4-1/2 a hit). I've noticed symptoms like teeth-clenching, mild stomach cramps, and back pain.

Is this normal, or was my LSD poorly synthed? Is this even possible.

Somebody please explain.

You could be getting DOB or DOC (or other DOx) if you're clenching your teeth a bit or getting bad cramps. I get coccyx pain on DOB, much like the tail end of meth does.

those who say there's no such things as dirty acid have never tripped on dirty acid.

I've had black & white tabs a few years ago. Odd yet acid-like; I always wondered about the dirty synth idea, and possibly ALD-52? Taste was very bitter, lasted around acid length, made two friends throw up. One tab was definately above threshold, yet 18 tabs proved not to be overwhelming for a friend of mine.

I've had the good fortune to never have done dirty acid, but I have friends who have, and I have had some analog/mix due to degradation in long-term storage, from what I can tell. If everybody who takes a specific batch of acid says that it's not actual lsd by comparison with previous experience, then it most certainly is not lsd-25....

nanobrain said:
those who say there's no such things as dirty acid have never tripped on dirty acid.

We had this argument ad nauseum in EADD about 8 months ago ! Basically LSD if LSD is LSD............ BUT blotter,liquid etc on the other hand may contain for example ~ unreacted ergotomine tartrate ~ or other by products, unreacted process chems etc. Point is it does happen. I've experienced it from acid that was good ,it seems that areas of the sheet were OK and others not so OK strength of trip was pretty much the same just a physical reaction to whateva was in the fluid that was laid onto blotters.:\

Splatt said:
You could be getting DOB or DOC (or other DOx) if you're clenching your teeth a bit or getting bad cramps. I get coccyx pain on DOB, much like the tail end of meth does.

Don't think it was a DOx as the length of the trip was what I would expect from low dose LSD, with the drugs effects more or less gone by hour eight.

I have recieved acid that was different from LSD. Not as mind-boggling and visuals weren't as rich. It was later theorized that the compound was Bromo-DFly.

yea I really dont have to much to add the the debate but I would have to at least say I have had different batches that were definatly better then others, and I didnt feel it was sticly a matter of potency.

example, ive had geltabs were 2 hits would provide a full on colorfull rainbow visuals

and had other lsd, obv less potent, but still to the point where a 10 strip wouldnt provide really any visuals at all accept slight waving and such, just mostly a super strong buzz/im bad at describing such things. but i still dont think the geltabs were literally 5x stronger then the blotter, just the quality of the lsd.

^one of your strips was probably just more impure crystal... which does mean it was weaker, even if laid evenly.

For instance.. If you lay a sheet with 10,000 mcg of tornado juice or even less pure crystal (which is still LSD)... and then lay another sheet with 10,000 mcg of fluff -- the 2nd will be stronger, because more of its weight is actual LSD.

I'm not saying it was strictly potency, although i think it probably had a lot to do with it -- You do have to consider as well that every LSD trip will be different dependent upon a multitide of variables, ie. how you feel, what you've been thinking about, where you are, how much sleep you've had lately, and so on........ I as well have felt different batches of LSD to have quite defined differences in experience. I'm not sure about this.. but it could also be true that with impure crystal, the impurities may affect the experience somehow. Maybe someone smarter than I could shed light on what impurities might exist in LSD, and especially if any are psychoactive at all.

the thing is, any impurities that you would be ingesting are likely not enough to cause any problems unless you are taking hero doses like a 10 strip and more.

Erowid did an experiemnt on this if you would like to look it up. They compared the effects of an original hoffman vial of liquid to street acid. At least 100 experienced acid trippers took part and the conclusion was that acid is acid.

Even though i am an advocate of lsd is lsd is lsd, I did get a batch of multi colored unusually thin gel tabs years back (before DOx was commonly found in tabs). I tripped but it came with a horrible headache and the best way to describe it was "dirty". I dont have an explination as to what may have cause such unwanted effects in such a small dose, but it wasnt very fun at all

LSD is LSD-25 is d-LSD is METH-LAD is ALD-52 is MLD-41 is BOL-148 is MBL-61 is MIL is LA-111 is LAE-32 is DAM-57 is LAMP is DAL is LPD-824 is LSM-775 is MLA-74 is UML-491 is APA-10 is MPD75 is ETH-LAD is AL-LAD is PRO-LAD is d-iso-LSD is l-LSD is l-iso-LSD is LSD.

LSD chemists never take shortcuts or make mistakes, in fact this shit is so easy to make that even a 3-year-old child could do it. They also never substitute precursors or reagents just because they're difficult to obtain. 8)

</sarcasm>

(List of LSD analog abbreviations courtesy of TiHKAL.)

I tripped two nights ago on what I would consider dirty acid two hits gave an unpleasant body feeling. Back cramps,cold hands,racing heart, still tripped and had fun just not very clean feeling. I dont know anything about organic chemistry or making LSD but is there anything tht could be dangerous if synthesized wrong?

Could unreacted ergot alkaloids cause a reaction in the Microgram level? As long as you have LSD and not another Psych passed off as LSD, then how could you get effects from chems that tend to not be active in the 25-150 ug range. I could see how if you like to take 6-8 hits you could get those effects from the impurities. On low doses I would think that the anxiety/cramps could be caused by the LSD itself and not necessarily from impurities. It would be speculation to say what caused it unless someone had a known batch of exceptionally made fluff.