NEMD Grateful Dead Appreciation Thread

Anyone going to the Dead and Co. two show run in Boulder, CO in June? My friends and I have decided that's what we're gonna do for our first Dead related show. Trying to go both nights as well.

I started to appreciate them near the end. I saw one of their last shows in 1995 right before Jerry died. Later, I used to dream about being at Dead shows and watching the ghost of Jerry perform. I could usually make it through a couple of songs before I would wake up.

I've never even seen any of the Dead perform but I have dreams about seeing them perform. The last dream, they had a stuffed Jerry doll propped up on the stage. That was a bit morbid and strange, not sure where that came from.

This is a fun "interview."
You can hear them blowing lines of coke through out the whole thing. The conversation is fun. They all seem so jovial and chatty, hehe.

Check it out to feel like a fly on the wall in a room with a coked out Jerry in '77.
I love stuff like this.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj48pFBUuqo[/video]

I got a pretty thick IPA buzz and am in my rocking chair on the front porch blasting 4/30/77 and just wanted to drop in and say that the Grateful Dead is the best god damn band ever. Hope y'all are having a nice and peaceful evening.

^ Cool, thanks for that ChickenScratch. Looks interesting.

Took a blotter last month up at a cabin by myself to clear my head and revisit that state of mind. Wonderful and refreshing it was. And took the Dead with me as the music for the day. The memories. When I was younger I really felt as they blew through each town on a tour the vibes of that city were raised for the next week. It was much needed.

Once in a while , you get shown the light , in the strangest of places if u look at it right.!

Dead & Co was a blast this year. Saw them in 2015(Vegas), 2016(Fillmore tour opener), and 2017(Vegas, Salt Lake City, and Boston). Overall my favorite show was the 2016 tour opener at the old Fillmore where they gave away all the tickets. 5 feet from the band, surrounded by legends like Jay Blakesberg and Bill Walton(who was bartending briefly). And the setlist was sick. Can't go wrong with a St. Stephen opener. Boston was my favorite of the 2017 tour. Second set was unreal. I went with my Dad(his first Dead show) on Father's Day. What a day. He loved it, and he's not much of a Dead head. Here's a song I wanna see.

I've always wanted a bumper sticker that says "Who are the Grateful Dead, and why do they keep following me?"

^ Forget about the Dead you left they will not follow you. :D

I just want to give a big thanks to Phil and Bobby for that duo tour. Phil at 78 still has that 6th sense. Bob Weir still changes his guitar playing in innovative ways. And thanks to the people on Youtube that put up the shows only a day or two after they happened.

I remember Jerry saying the audience is patient with shows because the main element in what the Grateful Dead do is trying. Trying is important in all aspects of life and we all know people who don't try. But that is what I would consider this duo tour. A large helping of trying and success at it a lot of the time.

Man do I wish I could see Dead & Co. again on the summer tour. They aren't even coming to my state though, and I'm not exactly rolling in the dough, so... meh. Phish is coming to a town only a few hours away though, so I'm considering going to see them.

-^^ I hear that . I dig the Dead.
I was sure last tour was it, but those guys are jamming in a town near me.

I might go. Pick up some ALD and enjoy the lawn and all that goes with it.

If I go, it?s Uber and a near by hotel.

All of spring 77 should be wrapped into a box set on Betty boards on vinyl . I know, totally custie, right? But it should be

I was very pleasantly surprised by the Dead & Co show in Atlanta on Friday. First time seeing them. Would do again