NEMD Grateful Dead Appreciation Thread

terrapintraveler said:
best band ever!!!

try these shows out if you're interested....

3/1/69
5/26/72
8/27/72
11/11/73
5/8/77

those are all some gems!!!!

plus, I'm pretty sure you can stream most of those off of nugs.net free stash!!

gdlive.com = downloads...

to someone who doesn't like them...well, if they are ever on lsd for any reason, put one of those shows on.... :)

Went on Archive.org only one of those shows was on there........... rediculous

Didn't a lot of shows get pulled from archive.org because Bobby had a conniption?

I know some did but theres still a good amount.........

Jerry would be shaking his head.....8)

tripmonkey505 said:
Went on Archive.org only one of those shows was on there........... rediculous

3-1-69, 5-26-72, and 8-27-72 have all been commercially released, so they are not on the archive.

5-8-77, which besides 3 songs is overrated and mind-numbingly boring, is represented on the archive by multiple sources. one is here. if you click on 'check for other copies' you can find the others. i haven't listened to any of them in years but iirc i thought the jerry moore tape was the best.

there is a brand new transfer of 11-11-73 that i could have sworn was seeded on bt.etree.org but i don't see it there so i must have gotten it at a private tracker. i wouldn't be surprised to see it pop up there sometime in the next few days. i am not sure why it isn't on the archive, because as far as i know no parts of it have been officially released...although i stopped paying attention to that a few years ago, it'd probably be big news if that one was released.

many GD soundboards were pulled from the archive, many are still there but only in streaming format.

if someone cares to search i once wrote a rather voluminous post with suggested recordings for the early years in this very forum.

Downhill from here is a fuckin awesome concert July 17, 1989 The China Cat was the craziest thing ever on shrooms hahahaha

11-11-73 popped up yesterday on bt.etree.org just as i predicted...

check out May 9, 1977 for anyone interseted in a killer Help on the Way>Slipknot!>Franklins Shits fuckin nuts

Yes archive.org is indeed heaven

If someone doesnt like the dead play them a '73 China>Rider or a '77 Scarlet-Fire

I suggest seeing Dark Star Orchestra play, they aren't the dead, but they are not your average dead cover band. Shows are a blast.

Hell Yeah!

Best band ever, is right. I saw them with Jerry around 20 some times. Saw them after Jerry, saw Phil Lesh and Friends a bunch, and lately Ratdog (Bob's band) is really tearing it up!!!!

They are awesome!

definitely a favorite band of mine...if there is one band that i can always put on and listen to no matter what mood i'm in, it's them.

<3

and yeah...dark star puts on a helluva a fun show :)

people quoting studio music obviously lost touch with what the dead was. internet archives or nothing else.

BTW, anyone else tour with DSO? Bobby? The Other Ones?

<-has seen dead music well over 50 times but never saw the grateful dead.

GDFF!

"If the Lightning don't get you then the Thunder will."

I love that version....

Youkai said:
people quoting studio music obviously lost touch with what the dead was. internet archives or nothing else.

I bet you're the type of person who calls certain people custies, too.

Youkai said:

people who don't realize that american beauty isn't some of the best grateful dead music around don't have an opinion on the dead worth listening to. you probably also have really stupid ideas about any other music.

go listen to some DSO because you'll never understand it.

BTW, anyone else tour with DSO?

i'm not about to dress a $20 hooker in my dead wife's clothes.

yeah, right.

The Other Ones?

not them either.

never saw the grateful dead.

that's not really much of a surprise.

heh ^

nothing much i can say that hasnt already been said... love everything about this band, they make me laugh, cry, piss myself, and jump out of my chair uncontrollably all at the same time

'working mans dead' seems somewhat under appreciated though.....

easily in my top three (in which i do not distinguish first, second, and third)

Michael, seriously if you love the Dead, you need to check out Ratdog.

They are no clone, or hangers-on. They are very talented. The online stuff only goes from 2003 back, but you need to hear some more recent stuff. You can pay to dl a show. I pay something like $14.50 for a show.

The quality is primo, and I can suggest some shows if you want.

rhythmdaddy said:
Michael, seriously if you love the Dead, you need to check out Ratdog.

They are no clone, or hangers-on. They are very talented. The online stuff only goes from 2003 back, but you need to hear some more recent stuff. You can pay to dl a show. I pay something like $14.50 for a show.The quality is primo, and I can suggest some shows if you want.

hahahah leave it to Bob fucking Weir