• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

taking pills on an empty stomach vs full stomach

just a quick q on that PubMed article....

Obviously OxyContin is not the same as Roxicodone (ER vs IR), but for the purposes of the article, if you crushed the Contin and parachuted it, is this getting pretty close to IR

Basically I'm asking if you parachute a powderized oxy, is it the same as swallowing a roxi?

I like to take my pills wait 15-25 min then eat a full meal. Makes me less nausious from strong doses and seems to still make them kick in faster and last longer because they are in the bottom of my tummy (or lower in my digestive tract) and my food is 15-25 min behind it :p Best way to do it imo :p Someone on here give this ^^ a try and let me know what ya think :p <3

fuzzywuzzy123 said:
so what is the best high fat food to take before parachuting oxys?

A 1/4 cup of oil, vegetable, sunflower, olive, etc.

The reason for this is that opiates need to be dissolved in fat in order to break through the BBB (blood brain barrier). I would assume that oil would greatly enhance a crushed oxy high.

MrCream said:
I like to take my pills wait 15-25 min then eat a full meal. Makes me less nausious from strong doses and seems to still make them kick in faster and last longer because they are in the bottom of my tummy (or lower in my digestive tract) and my food is 15-25 min behind it :p Best way to do it imo :p Someone on here give this ^^ a try and let me know what ya think :p <3

I like to take my drugs on a completely empty stomach and then smoke some weed right after the pills start kicking in, usually about 45 minutes later. Then I lay down for about 15 minutes and enjoy the opiate/weed high. Thats when hunger hits me like a ton of bricks. It usually starts as a slight nauseous feeling but quickly turns to hunger(if i dont eat soon after that feeling i start to feel real nausea). Then I eat and I feel great for the next few hours with no nausea at all, no matter how large of a dose I take.

The big secret for potentiating some opioids,mainly oxycodone is eating some form of pork about 20 minutes before.(pork,ham,pork chops etc). This increases the bioavailability by about 15-20%. This works for me more than any other method(benzos,tagament,grapefruit juice etc).

^^thanks for giving me another excuse to eat bacon 8)

Since this has turned into taking opiates on an empty stomach vs full stomach I'll weigh in. For those who have issues with nausea it is always best to have something in your stomach when you take your dose (not a steak dinner but something solid).

There is no doubt that an empty stomach equals a quicker onset but not necessarily higher bioavailability. Like mentioned earlier, fatty foods right before opiates will increase bioavailablity when taken orally. This doesn't mean you need to clean out McDonald's beforehand... :D

For me, it is best to eat a moderate meal, like a snadwich with no sides, about 3 hrs before ingestion. If you need to eat it sooner than that, eat something small, like a 5 piece nugget, and wait an hour or so, this will prevent the stomach pains and hunger induced nausea while on.

i know this goes without saying but plugging the opiates makes this a moot point. if i have just eaten ill even prefer to plug my benzos and ambien so theyll kick in faster, as orally i wont feel them at all. but id say if you take them orally eat after the pills have digested, like thirty minutes later, as with the opanas you eat either two hours before or an hour after taking them, but either way its on an empty stomach. something to do with fat absorption. im not sure if eating affects plugging route though, but food can increase gut motility and blood concentrations of fat and protein which can effect drug action.

ktx49 said:
considering i debated this problem constantyl during my extremely bad habit of oxycodone daily in doses above 300mg, i can assure u with most OPIATES(namely oxy and hydro), there is no doubt in my mind that an empty stomach is essential for getting the most outta ur opiates.
when id take the SAME dose on a full stomach, i would never get high just very sleepy(which is a big difference).

im not saying u cannot get high with a fully stomach and opiate pills, just that its 110% better to wait atleast 4-5 hours with no food or calorie heavy drinks and take them with atleast 16oz of water!

works like a charm and belive it or not, with the right dosage of oxy, the rush from taking them orally on an empty stomach was very very comparable to the IV rush from heroin.

later guys

I agree with all of that. ^^^

That's why I switched one day to shooting codeine if somebody asks me again.

For me, I cook up 3 slices of bacon 30min to an hour before ingesting an opiate. It works quite well (especially with pod tea).

I've found that the most effective way to take my Percocet is to take them, and then eat, whether a snack or a meal

Does snorting them on an empty stomach (or full) make a difference? i mean, i know a bit drips down into the stomach. but is the effect like a metabolic thing or is it only in the stomach that this takes place?

Does snorting them on an empty stomach (or full) make a difference? i mean, i know a bit drips down into the stomach. but is the effect like a metabolic thing or is it only in the stomach that this takes place?

Full stomach vs empty makes no difference when snorting. Actually, that is the only reason I snort. I don't like the effect near as good as eating oxy. However, eating a 15 mg oxy ir on a full stomach does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for me. On an empty stomach, it gets me fucked up.

The best way to take opiates especially is to take them on an empty stomach then about 5min-10mins later eat a a light high fatty meal and it will increase the effects and absorption. Cuz then when the food hits ur stomach with the pills in there already it kick starts your digestive system and basically will increase the effects of the opioid/opiate.. I think this concept of taking your pills and then 10mins later eating a light fatty meal will work for most pills. But yeah always eat your pills on an empty stomach first then eat a light meal and it will kick-start ur digestive process and just make it hit you even faster.