• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

taking pills on an empty stomach vs full stomach

A 1/4 cup of oil, vegetable, sunflower, olive, etc.

The reason for this is that opiates need to be dissolved in fat in order to break through the BBB (blood brain barrier). I would assume that oil would greatly enhance a crushed oxy high.

ASSHOLE QUIT TRYING TO MAKE POOR IDIOTS DRINK OIL... cant u suggest sum chips or bacon? if u were smart ud pound a bunch of scops of mayonaise b4 dosing

I certainly find an empty stomach to bring on stronger effects (except snorting, works either way for me).

And, yeah, 1/4 cup of oil is a bit much, a tsp up to a tbsp of oil would be just fine.

I like to have a real good empty stomach (right before dinner, no snacking since lunch), and I take a tbsp of flaxseed oil with my dose.
Of course I go for the whole plethora of potentiation (cimetidine, quinine, dxm, etc), so it's kind of hard to say how much of a difference the oil makes, but an empty stomach for me can make or break the intensity.

Beware!

I chewed up one vicadin on an empty stomach an hour after I woke up and an hour into it I had a seizure, the first I have ever had. I have taken it before for wisdom teeth, even 3 at a time. So just be careful. You can never be sure

if i took methadone 2hrs after eating, how many hours will it take to achieve the peak?? was this waste?? will i even feel anything?

It can also depend a lot upon your metabolism. If you digest your food really quickly, you'll still probably get most of the effects that you would on an empty stomach, just with a much slower onset. Despite having a fast metabolism, I prefer to ingest pills on an empty stomach not only for the quicker onset, but because the effects seem to be somewhat dulled, like the "edge" is taken away from the substance. That being said, if I eat a meal immediately before ingesting pills, I usually feel the effects after about 60-90 minutes.

with codeine it helps having an empty stomach and chasing it with a hot drink especially coffee, as for valium it feels like it kicks in better on an empty stomach but you gotta eat after a while or you end up forgetting to eat at all! and wake up exhausted drained

60mg Oxazepam - 3-4 hrs onset which gave some strange eupohric kinda untouchable vibe stayed with it for an hour or so on empty stomach. Decided to eat 4 marmite toasties and make a cuppa, ingested another 30 mg bout twenty minutes after, now i dunno if it was them toasties what did it but boy i felt smashed within an hour, like 100mg diaz smashed, fell asleep after that couldnt even be bothered to make some tea and smoke a ciggie!

Ingested bout 105mg so far today started early, have not eaten as yet, took 60mg around 7pm uk time, nothing like last night feeling that same sort of euphoric untouchable vibe, of to make some marmite toasties and tea.

I've quite often noticed a big difference with codeine kicking in a lot harder for me on an empty stomach. Used to also notice with benzos, but don't really notice any difference anymore, due to tolerance.

I take my hydrocodone and zantac on a empty stomach. If I don't take the Zantac I'm doubling over in intense pain. Idk if it's from the soda or hydrocodone. But anyways, I have noticed a difference on a empty stomach. It is rapid and very intense in 15 min.

Nah Marmite toasties failed last night, What a shame i thought id come up with some kind of amazing marmite chemical reaction with a certain Benzo. Anyway no more perscribed Benzos for me my Doc thinks i have some form of Schizophrenia and after researching it for about two hours last night i tend to agree. Psycotherapy and Anti-Pyscotics here i come......Y0, Fcuk that, On a positive note.....I do a luv a marmite toastie!

Last edited:
It all depends on the drug that you are taking. Like i talked to a doctor and he told me that when taking percocet for recreational use to take it on a full stomach and the effects will hit you A LOT harder. who would of thought, right? but like when taking Codeine or benzos when u take them on an empty stomach it hits you a lot harder.
like i said, all depends on the drug.

^ A doctor giving recreational drug use tips, now there's a doctor I want to go see lol

Gabapentin goes nicely with food, thoiugh with Pregabalin it best when on empty, strange as they are such similar drugs. With Benzos I do su lingual, then swallow any saliva left in my mouth a few minutes later.

For me, I cook up 3 slices of bacon 30min to an hour before ingesting an opiate. It works quite well (especially with pod tea).

I might try that with my Pods tommorrow. Find soon after pods I get seriois cravings for sweet food.

Best way for oral drugs: dose them on an empty stomach, eat 20 minutes later, as you finish eating the opiate/benzo starts to kick in hard. For opiates, I like doing this, then smoking 2-3 hits of weed at t+1:00. Having food in your stomach prevents nausea and feeling burned out.

I have found that with all opiates you get MUCH higher (whether ur bootin it, sniffin it, or eating it dnt matter..) when you eat before taking whatever you got. I swear if u try this next time u get hi you will make sure to do it everytime it rly works...I have especially noticed that if I eat adouble quarter pounder and large fries and a large coke before I sniff an Opana 40 ER (my D.O.C) I get a better hi and its just more intense and euphoric...just my 2cents tho!

taking pills on an empty stomach makes ALL the difference.

Guys I have been on 180 to 240 mg of OxyContin over the last 7 years through my pain doc for Fibro and cfs which I am sure many of you are familiar. Like everyone else, I am dependent and addicted to my pain meds, of course the doctor never knows this. But anyway after 7 years of this junk I have taken every med and every way possible, and on this subject I have found the best method hands down is taking my 120mg of oxy (1 eighty and 1 fourty) on an empty stomach, than i would wait 20 minutes or take a nice shower wait about 20 minutes and than eat a nice heart meal. I do this to times a day, once for breakfast and once before dinner. IMO, this method produces the best potency and hits just like the old roxy blue days. Although after 7 years I only use to make me feel ok, I don't get high anymore, it doesn't even help totall with my pain anymore. And i used to use a whole roxi 30 mg multiple times a day system for IR meds mixed in with my ER OxyContin, over 400 mg per day in my bad times. lGood luck fellas and ladies.

Ang