View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DXM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DXM is probably one of my favorite drugs. This past 6 months I've done it probably between 20 and 30 times. The doses ranging from 178mg to 712mg.

Honestly It has really shown me a lot. Its open my eyes to a completely different world and really let me see myself from an external view point with no bias. I totally became split. I lost all connections besides the knowledge of who "Cloudy" is and what hes done.

Its also restored my ability to trust psychedelics such as LSD, Shrooms, etc.

I'll post up the result of a calculation I did recently when I suddenly had a thought about DXM*HBr, and what happens to the bromide in that. Bromide ion acts as a CNS depressant and can get toxic and it has a half life like 6 weeks or something ridiculous like that so buildup of bromide is a very overlooked yet actually important consideration for regular users of it!

You get 147mg of Br- ion for each 500mg of DXM*Hbr you take.
A clinical dose of KBr is 850mg. It's just struck me that I didn't work out how much Br- ion is in this 850mg, cause you have to remove that K+ ion to get a figure useful for comparison purposes but i'm too high to bother doing it at the moment. Maybe another person handy with chemistry can do it for me.

Anyway, so you can see that regular use of DXM can have some serious buildup of bromide! Might explain some of what happens with regular DXM use, the results can be pretty bad (never done it regularly myself, but seen plenty of examples of it personally and from reading).
No doubt the probable NMDA excitotoxicity that occurs with heavy use is the more damaging part though.

Hope this is useful to someone!

Verybigkitty said:
Ok, yea, I made a typo. You don't have to be a idiot about it. Especially since the two posts above you have explained what I really meant. After looking at the first two replies, and still thinking I meant DMX, just makes you an idiot.

I've only taken about 5 pills total, and the last pill I took was 3 days ago.

Would I be ok if I did it tomorrow?

Ps: Sorry if anything sounds really stupid or not like it is supposed to. I just smoked a bunch of 10X salvia extract
You'll be fine.
Take 300mg of DXM for your first time. FOR FUCKS SAKE DONT TAKE ANY MORE THAN THAT

BAHAHAHAH

I just realised when i was reading this thread why my mate was having the most fucked up insane trip off dxm. Ok so it was early in the day, about 10am, and im like bro ill buy some bottles of robitussin and you can finally try it. This is after ive tried it probably 2 or 3 times in the last 4 months or so. So we go and get it and get back to his house and we both drink a whole bottle each(600mg) and i only just realised now thats a massive dose for a first time. So anyway i could only finish 3 quarters of my bottle, and i put the rest in a cuboard.. about 30 minutes in hes like, bro this aint working(its felt like it had been 2hours.. and no clocks) and so im like oh ya i got a bit left, you can have it(i couldnt stand the site of it after 3 quarters, i knew id vomit if i tried). So anyway hes now loaded with atleast 700mg of dxm and when then started to get INSANE itches. I was fucking freaking out so badly, i had read up alot about dxm but never heard of itches, so anyway im thinking he is having an allergic reaction or some shit and im just like.. ok, just have a cold shower. So he has a cold shower and he is saying how nice it feels and shit and he gets out and he is all fucking red from scratching so much previously. After like 15 minutes the itches come back and hes basically trying to scratch the skin off his chest and back lol.

So im like bro just lie down and dont think about it, but he keeps trying so i hold his hands down to his side so he cant scratch and i just hold them there for like 15 minutes. He gets up and he was all good(after the trip hes like, bro you saved me when stopped me from scratching myself, i was gonna go insane). So we were sitting on his deck and this was probably at the very peak of the trip, and everything seems like.. like a dream, the sun is very oddly lighting up the ground, almost like a movie set, and we keep talking to random people.. and we dont know if were imagining these people or not(they were real we found out). One was retarded.. i think a lil down syndrome or something, and he had some younger brothers that were like retarded too.. it was real fucked talking to them when we were tripping out real hard.

So he tells me after, he was being thrown into lava by magneto and all this crazy as shit was happening.. you know, full +4 out of body experience. LOL oh man that was crazy.. totally makes sense to me now of why he tripped so hard.. 700mg first time.. holy fuck.

I've been using dxm for about 5-6 years now. I go through different phases, for instance, I'll spend 6 weeks taking a 3rd plateau dose twice a week. Then Somewhere down the line I'll just take 240mg a few times a week. Then Later on I'll go months without it.

After the heavy 3rd plateau doses is usually when I feel that I've "grown out of dxm" But I just cut down is all, take lighter doses more often. I dont see stopping anytime soon, but dxm is definitely nothing special to me anymore.

AuraithX said:
I've got a few grams of DXM lying about...

I'm pretty experienced with psychedelics, and ketamine.

I'm thinking 300-400mg for my first time?

(this is DXM HBr btw)

300-400mg sounds about right for a first time. It surpasses the basic 240mg dose, but its not too high. I think it should be a nice introduction for you. =D

Listen, this is very important:

For your first time trying DXM, it's very important that you take a low dose, 100mg or under, to test for deficiency of the CYP-something enzyme (I'm sorry, I can never remember the full name of it). About 7% of the population lacks this enzyme, so it's not like it would be a freak occurrence, and if you do lack it it will inhibit the breakdown of DXM into DXO, which can be very dangerous. A regular 240-400mg dose could turn really ugly. Trust me, you do not want to find out the hard way that you're deficient. If you take a low dose and little to nothing happens, then you can go ahead with regular doses.

CYP-2D6

A major metabolic catalyst involved is the cytochrome P450 enzyme known as 2D6, or CYP2D6. A significant portion of the population has a functional deficiency in this enzyme and are known as poor CYP2D6 metabolizers. As CYP2D6 is a major metabolic pathway in the inactivation of dextromethorphan, the duration of action and effects of dextromethorphan can be increased by as much as three times in such poor metabolizers
http://www.nature.com/clpt/journal/v60/n3/abs/clpt1996482a.html

300mg should be okay. At the off chance I have the deficiency. It'll just be a strong (600-900mg) trip. Nothing a benzo can't fix

moonyham: where the hell do you live that you don't have access to a clock?

Last edited:
Piecing together all of lifes mysteries through DXM..

Hello everyone.. I am on a mission to solve some of life's complex puzzles.. I have been diving into the DXM world for a couple years now.. performing many expieriments and many combinations of drugs.. I want to know the truth..

I believe that we are all brought together on the internet for the reason of sharing information and learning all there is to know..

From the Universe to Politics and everything in between.. If anyone has any theroies I want to hear them.. I am posting a link to my blog that I have been keeping for a couple years now..

I am currently comming down from a 7 night DXM binge.. and do not have the money to dive into night number 8 right now.. so while I am still in this mind I would love to hear some of your thoughts and comments.. thank you!

http://my-secrets-03.livejournal.com/

experiment with using grapefruit juice to potentiate your DXM trips and maybe save some money using lower doses

Yeah, good luck stringing together a coherent sentence on your binge blog after you've gone and learned the secrets of the universe.

Merged in thread.

As has been said, good luck with that. :\

Anyone else get a sudden urge to lose weight so they don't have to drink so much fucking syrup. Goddamn.

Status
Not open for further replies.