Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DXM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
removedbyrequest said:
Taking 368 mg of DXM and going to school is crazy.
The dosage was OK for a first timer, but the set and setting + bupropion really wasn't.

Last edited:
Dextroverse erroneously lists Bupropion as an SSRI. I'm pretty sure its a DNRI (Dopamine Neurepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitor) not an SSRI. Also I've taken 300-600 mg of Bupropion many times on DXM without any problems or hangover. Maybe this problem is unique to the postor and it shouldn't be generalized that the combo will give just anyone problems...

Last edited:
For me, DXM is only good the first time I take it after weeks or months of not taking it, and then it leaves me unable to fuck right for days. Fuck DXM, its worthless unless your living on the streets. Drugs can make a hard life easier, but what about an easy one, nothing can make that easier to deal with. ..except maybe pot...

mulberryman said:
For me, DXM is only good the first time I take it after weeks or months of not taking it, and then it leaves me unable to fuck right for days. Fuck DXM, its worthless unless your living on the streets. Drugs can make a hard life easier, but what about an easy one, nothing can make that easier to deal with. ..except maybe pot...
I don't know about you, but I don't use drugs to make things easier, because they do no such thing.

Let me rephrase that.
Recreationally using drugs to make life more manageable is not effective. They can perhaps be useful to gain a better understanding of one's self, and building on that. But, the high's themself aren't going to make things any easier, assuming they're not for medicinal purposes.

And I saw this on another forum, can any of you back this up? Is this an effective method?
As for pills, eat Robbotussin Cough Gels, these are the only kind that you can use that are knowen to be safe. Eating to many can cause you to vomit due to the gell capsule themselves, use a pin and drain all the red liquid inside into a shot glass and shoot it back if you perfer.. they are 15mg.

Recreationally using drugs to make life more manageable is not effective.

It may not always be effective, but there's always some drunk passed out at some bar for trying, 'cause, like they say its always 5 o'clock somewhere.

Of course, for some people, just taking a prozac every day makes them happy. For them, it doesn't even matter that its quite likely just a placebo effect.

Life is going to be just as manageable without the drug. It's all about your perception and how you deal with it.

Yeah, draining the shit out of robogels and putting it in a shot glass will work, will also taste like shit. I'd imagine its pretty tedious poking holes in the gelcap and making sure it all drains out too...but if you got the time, why not. Or you could just chug some syrup, narc.

Yea, I'll probably just take the pills as is and see how it goes. I'm gonna pick up another bottle tomorrow. That way I have 100mg to test out sometime this week to check for any problems. Then next week I'll take 300mg, and probably use the remaining 200mg with bud some later time.

Yeah poking holes in each capsule def. would be tedious as hell. I don't think there's any easier, simpler way to get the liquid out of the gelatin than to throw all the capsules in a blender with a beverage to mask the taste then set it on grind for 30 seconds to a minute (enough that all the capsules have been broken into chunks) then pour the contents of the blender through a metal strainer so that the strainer collects all the pieces of gelatin and you're left with just the liquid to drink.

Prea said:
can any of you back this up? Is this an effective method? (draining gels)

no it's a ridiculous thing to do. and you won't be lapping it up from a jigger either, i can tell you that. try to 'drain' one and you'll see. viscous and messy as hell. most of it stays smeared all over the gel.

the gelatin from a bottle or two is not going to cause nausea, especially compared to syrup. you'll get a mild stomach ache and some constipation later on.

Actually some people get SEVERE nausea from swallowing a bottle or two or three of cough gels... I've noticed though others get little to no nausea. I even saw one girl fucking swallow 40 cough gels almost all at once without even using water.

For me the nausea from gels is random. Sometimes I get it, sometimes I don't. The cough gel nausea I find can last for many hours whereas cough syrup nausea is over quick.

Another thing that sucks about gels is they take many hours to kick in and don't produce nearly as strong a trip as cough syrup. If y'all want an awesome deal on syrup CVS brand 8 oz tussin bottles are less than $6...

Anyone tried Salvia, DMT, Psilocybe or Amanita with DXM?

Ive done DXM (cough syrup/cough gels) 2 times. Both times I have had sever heat flashes and become extremely itchy. It's very odd, like, a part of my head would get very hot, and then another part of my body would simultaneously get itchy. It wasn't positive.:p

I saw a friend have this kind of itchy reaction to DXM before. He got red and very, very itchy. He said it was the only thing he disliked about the effects of DXM. Is this an allergy to DXM or these people lack some enzyme that helps metabolize DXM or something?

I've had 500+ DXM trips in my lifetime over almost a decade of use and still haven't gotten the dreaded "robo itch" at all luckily. Other than nausea the main side effect i get is a warmer body, though this I actually like.

I know what you mean, first time was a high dose for me and I haven't been back to that level since.

I was waaay too itchy. I mean, every where I touched was hot and burning.

400-600 mg tends to be my sweet spot. I no longer enjoy the 700-1,000 mg journeys as they can be too intoxicating and confusing. I like the fact on 400-600 mg I still feel like I can function 100% and have all my mental faculties.

What 400-600 mg feels like to me may be different than how strong it feels for you guys though as I preload for hours on lots and lots of grapefruit juice and magnesium citrate (antagonizes NMDA receptors so could theoretically boost DXM). No one seems to believe me that Magnesium citrate can boost DXM...

And a few people have warned me that preloading on Magnesium could fuck me up bad just because they heard of one kid online that died or was hospitalized or something that was on a combination of dangerous drugs and just happened to also be on Magnesium. I seriously doubt adding Magnesium to my DXM experience is increasing toxicity. If it was my body would feel the difference.

The Wizard said:
Actually some people get SEVERE nausea from swallowing a bottle or two or three of cough gels... I've noticed though others get little to no nausea. I even saw one girl fucking swallow 40 cough gels almost all at once without even using water.

For me the nausea from gels is random. Sometimes I get it, sometimes I don't. The cough gel nausea I find can last for many hours whereas cough syrup nausea is over quick.

Another thing that sucks about gels is they take many hours to kick in and don't produce nearly as strong a trip as cough syrup. If y'all want an awesome deal on syrup CVS brand 8 oz tussin bottles are less than $6...

Anyone tried Salvia, DMT, Psilocybe or Amanita with DXM?

My stomach feels good after drinking the syrup, but the gels really fuck with my insides.

I've tried DXM with salvia and psilocybes. The salvia was just way intensified - every time I smoke the sage I feel like I'm getting hit by the psychedelic train... The experience was not qualitatively different in combination with DXM - it was just far stronger.

DXM and mushrooms was great! D is a great launchpad for shrooms, especially if you are going for ego loss.

Sub-"psychedelic" salvia smoking is much more pleasant. A little pinch of 5x or even plain leaf can be quite nice, as long as you're not expecting to be blown away. Personally, I'm not sure what the big deal with being blown away is, that's not what makes life easier, imho. A little bit goes a long way, but going too far means a lond walk backm so to speak, and does the exact oppositte, making life harder, Moderation is the key, and no its not always enough to just think everything's "just super" :gay laugh:. Many people really are chemically imbalanced, and couldn't just have a positive attitude if they tried. That doesn't mean they need to start downing whole bottles of cough syrup all day and night either, though.

Created a new Big and Dandy DXM thread (the second one, hence the title), and moved the past 49 posts from the old one into here. I also updated the end of the previous thread to point here, and updated the Best of PD page as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.