View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DXM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've dosed with both and got the same effects gells made me a bit less queasy than syrup honestly but, as you may have read already it varies person to person so it depends and to answer the question on why I enjoy it well, I like the disociation I get and the body feelings. It's rare for me to trip on any thing dxm included but, gels are my choice by far if I do.

The sorbitol in the syrup gave me troubles too, next time I try DXM it's going to be gel capsules in the purest form i can find. I kind of like the taste of cough syrup though, very nostalgic.

Do yourself a favor and source pure DXM powder.

I am not a DXM user so maybe I am not one to talk but yes pure DXM is logically best, however it seems that it may not be absorbed very well in pure form... one of my good friends uses the stuff a lot and switched to pure compound and it didn't really work that well.
Now he bought PEG as a carrier and apparently that fixed it.

Im not sure I will ever understand why people like DXM, I did my share fare of big doses when I was in highschool but looking back now I just cringe. Il stick to good old mushrooms anyday :)

what is the appeal of dxm for you guys (just wondering)

I actually prefer it to mushrooms or pretty much any other drug. It's like watching a scary movie as a kid and then having a happy ending, or like being launched into some intense fantasy world. It borders on painful, but it's the kind of pain that comes with intense pleasure. And if you take it with weed, the euphorias mix and get even better. It's something you have to be predisposed to like, but if you're wired that way, it's the bomb. I think it would appeal more to people who have learned to live with a lot of emotional pain, because often times they learn to embrace unpleasant feelings as a coping mechanism.

I am consistently shocked at people's inability to distinguish the effects of DXM as a drug itself from cough medicines! I am not sure whether to laugh or cry, but I could spit and shit at once!

As for the appeal of DXM, that is a bothersome question. I don't see you asking what is the appeal of nitrous, ketamine, PCP, 4-MeO-PCP, methoxetamine... If you understand the appeal of dissociatives at all, you understand the appeal of DXM.

Solipsis, DXM powder works very well for me and others that I know.

lawl u guise r a bunch of fucking kids y u do that to ur body mann

Now if we start to talk about ketamine, half of this forum will come out to proclaim their love of slamming whenever they feel like it. <3

If your talking about syrup, I would always chase it with milk. It sounds really gross but it would get the taste out of my mouth very well especially the menthol.

DXM --> Robitussin Cough Gels

I was just wondering if anyone has every empitied the liquid from the gel caps into a drink and recieved a high that way? I have two bottles totaling 600mg and I want to know if I will get the same effect but I dislike swallowing pills and would rather just obtain the liquied but with out the horrible taste of cough suryp. Also if I were to get sick I wouldn't want anyone to see the capsuls and think I tried to OD on something.

Has anyone ever done this?
What was your method?
I was thinking of just emptying all the gels into a small pill container and that way I can keep it and pour it into my drink whenever.

Someone please advise me on what I should do,

I've heard of people "milking" the caps before to obtain PEG (polyethylene glycol) for use in aiding pure powder DXM absorption, but don't know of anyone who has ever tried it. Here's the bit about getting the liquid out.

http://www.dextroverse.org/Archives/absorb.txt said:
Take one capsule, and pierce each end with the pin (or
thumbnail, or whatever). The liquid will remain inside due to the
surface tension. Hold the capsule over the shotglass. Place your index
finger over the top hole, and squeeze the capsule with your other
hand, causing liquid to drizzle out onto the DXM HBr powder. Release
your finger over the top hole, and then relax to let the capsule
regain its shape. Repeat, milking the liquid out of the Liquid Capsule
until it's all in the shotglass. Repeat for the other Liquid Capsule.

I'm pretty sure it's gonna taste like shit in chemical disguise - undrinkable.
As for effects, I see no reason for it not to work
pzdr

the laxative Miralax is nothing more than PEG + electrolyte powder :) just sayin'

Hey guys. So I did DXM last night and two major things happened which kind of fucked up my trip. First off, I heard of the "Robo-itch" but I've done DXM at lower doses and never got it, so I assumed I'd be safe from it. My assumption was wrong. I was itching like a bastard for the entire trip which really threw me off. Any ways I can keep the itch in control? I know anti-histamines counter the itch, but I didn't have any at the time of my trip.

Secondly, I heard of the nausea associated with DXM, but like I said, I've done it at lower doses 3 times and never had any problems with that. When I started to get nauseous, I was worried about vomiting, but I have a strong stomach so that didn't happen. Instead of vomiting out my mouth, I shit out my ass. I was literally sitting on the fucking toilet, ass-hole burning, shitting out liquid shit in diarrhea form for an hour - 2 hours of the trip. Again, any way to fix this? I think it may have been due to the fact that I drank a bottle of sugary-"wildberry" ooze, so is there anyway to extract the DXM (simply) from the syrup itself?

I liked the body and head buzz of DXM, even though I prefer it much less to K (also because K doesn't make my body feel poisoned). Maybe I'm just not a DXM person, but I'm willing to give it a try again if I can fix these problems.\

Thanks.

...I know anti-histamines counter the itch, but I didn't have any at the time of my trip.

Well then you know the answer and need to be prepared for next time - do some research online. Some classes of anti-histamines are to be avoided. Generally you don't want to be taking any of the ones that cause drowsiness.

Personally I've only gotten the itch occasionally despite consistent product and dosages.

Secondly, I heard of the nausea associated with DXM, but like I said, I've done it at lower doses 3 times and never had any problems with that. When I started to get nauseous, I was worried about vomiting, but I have a strong stomach so that didn't happen. Instead of vomiting out my mouth, I shit out my ass. I was literally sitting on the fucking toilet, ass-hole burning, shitting out liquid shit in diarrhea form for an hour - 2 hours of the trip. Again, any way to fix this? I think it may have been due to the fact that I drank a bottle of sugary-"wildberry" ooze, so is there anyway to extract the DXM (simply) from the syrup itself?

Again - you're mentioning that you kind of know the answer. I'm not familiar with the brand you mention, but based on the above I'm guessing it had sorbitol in it? Either that or you ate too close before you drank the syrup - give it a minimum of 2 hours, 6 and/or skipping the prior meal is much better.

If you're going to drink syrup, make sure that the _ONLY_ active ingredient is dextromethorphan - too much of other active ingredients can be anything from unpleasant to downright fatal.

The only medicinal ingredient in my syrup was DXM. Perhaps I may have ate too close to dosing.

lucky me ive never had the robo itch haha, but yeah syrup makes me feel much more sick than the gel caps.
plus it taste horrible to chug all that syrup..

whats all the hype about DXM?!

seriously. i took about 200-275mg of DXM and all it did was make me feel really drunk. my vision was super blurry, it was really hard to talk and i was like stumbling around my house haha. i fell asleep about 3 hours after taking it.

for the record it was a mixture of NyQuil syrup, and DayQuil liquid gels.

did i take too much? too little? or is DXM just not for me

It sucks. I tried taking a few swings from a bottle of Vicks that contained Dextromorphan Hbr only.

I did it a few times in the last few months to explore the feeling. At first it was interesting, its like a "head rush" drunk feeling, only your head feels like its wobbly, but your motor skills seem fine (maybe they aren't, but its just the feeling).

But at the very most thats all it is, a confused, drunken state that makes you feel dizzy. Its not 100% drunkenness you'd get off alcohol, and it does make you tired, which is most likely what its intended use was for.

I read about mixtures like "purple drank", I'm sure it has involved a bunch of stupid teens accidentally using the acetaminophen / DXM combo bottles and mixing them with alcohol, thus fucking up their livers.

When I say DXM "sucks", I mean there are drugs with more recreational value out there.

Last edited:
seriously. i took about 200-275mg of DXM and all it did was make me feel really drunk. my vision was super blurry, it was really hard to talk and i was like stumbling around my house haha. i fell asleep about 3 hours after taking it.

for the record it was a mixture of NyQuil syrup, and DayQuil liquid gels.

did i take too much? too little? or is DXM just not for me

^ DXM working as intended. may have had too large of a dose, but w/o knowing your body structure its hard to say.

Its really just one of those moments when you say "Damn, I have no money, can't get fronted, but I still want to get "high". " And then you proceed to find some dex in your med. cabinet. I know only person who does it because they really like it and they do it maybe like twice a month.. Typically you'll find kids who can't get alcohol, or people who just want to feel something doing DXM. Its legal for a reason...its not that great imo

Status
Not open for further replies.