Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DXM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh. Most of you guys are noobs =D
This past summer I got started with DXM. Started out with about 150 mg. This was in..July, I believe. I don't really know for sure, my long term memory's shot.
Incidentally, that was a pre-existing condition. I've been on anti-depressants, anti-psychotics, and stuff like Ritalin for the past six years. Well, I had been. I went off Risperdal maybe a couple of months previous. Anyway, I was still on Prozaac, but experienced virtually no problems related to that.
Anyway, I tried 150mg once more, and felt almost nothing either time. Then I tried about two thirds of a bottle of Tussein DM. That didn't do much. So I moved to about a bottle of Tussein Long-Acting. I'd advise nothing but Tussein LA. Not only does it contain only DXM, but it is also cheap and not as bad tasting as some others. DO NOT TAKE VICKS. It has less DXM, but IT TASTES LIKE SHIT.
Anyway, after a while I moved onto about two bottles, then back to about a bottle and half for a while. Everything came to a head November 7th, when a friend and I took about 830 mg each. Our parents found out and took us to the hospital. They overreacted, because I'd been more fucked up before, and I could have slept it off. Probably my friend too, but he had a lower tolerance. So, I haven't done it since then, cause my parents are keeping all my money. It's only a matter of time until I can get some more, but I'm going to try getting Sucrets and using the extraction method on them. That way I can control the dose more accurately.
I've ended up doing DXM more times than I can count. In about three months, probably at least.....20-30 or even more times. I only had one bad trip, and that was when I was talking on the phone with my friend, ironically the one who had gotten my friend and I started, who had recently been "saved". He gave me a massive guilt trip which rapidly turned into a bad trip. That was the only time though.

A few words to the wise, from my personal experience.
First, at ANY high dose, have a friend around. I did almost every time.
Second, expect places to have an effect on your trip. For instance, while staying at my friend's house, during the night we went back and forth between his back porch and his living room. Each time, the SECOND I would step through the door, everything would change. My mood, everything. I'd lose a good deal of my memory dealing with the last ~hour. Also, I once spent eternity waiting for my friend to get out of the bathroom in his hallway. ETERNITY.
Third, if nauseous, lean over forward and breath through your mouth. Suffice it to say that one time my friend got sick while tripping, started to vomit, and breathed at an innoppurtune time. He threw up through his nose :D
Fourth, when doing very large amounts, try your best not to go to sleep while at the peak, as it can slow down your breathing, even resulting in you aspirating on your own vomit. Not fun.
Fifth, if you or a friend is having a very bad trip, here's how to help out.
Talk to them very calmly. Remind them where they are and what is going on. Speak softly, and don't make a bunch of sudden movements, or jokes. DO NOT MESS WITH THEIR HEAD! A friend did that to another, and it didn't turn out so well. I kicked his ass afterward :D. Get them something to drink. Orange juice is especially good, as vitamin C (I believe) can help sober you up a bit.

That's my two cents.

Avaddon said:
I've ended up doing DXM more times than I can count. In about three months, probably at least.....20-30 or even more times.

jesus christ, man, no offense, but it might be a good decision to slow down your intake; 20-30 times in 3 months is a LOT. wait at least a week, if not a month, in between trips. don't go crazy on us, ya hear?

In all honesty, using a lot of DXM will fuck with your head. I did it 10 times in 3 months and after the last time I never wanted to see DXM again... my memory and mood and ability to speak well were strongly affected in a negative way and I was afraid it would never get better because it took about 2 years total before I was able to stop feeling like I had fried myself.

Just be careful. <3

Avaddon, people above advise you good, DXM can fuck up people. Do something to lowen the frequency :)
pzdr

Avaddon said:
Orange juice is especially good, as vitamin C (I believe) can help sober you up a bit.

I should really compile a big list of all the various and sundry shit I've heard about OJ/Vitamin C on this site that is dubious, unverified, and probably false. :p Maybe a "Big and Dandy Orange Juice Lies Thread" or something. ;)

I know it tastes good, and it's good for you, but fucking OJ has more rumors and dubious information spread about it than Paris Hilton's vagina.

Obyron said:
I should really compile a big list of all the various and sundry shit I've heard about OJ/Vitamin C on this site that is dubious, unverified, and probably false. :p Maybe a "Big and Dandy Orange Juice Lies Thread" or something. ;)

I know it tastes good, and it's good for you, but fucking OJ has more rumors and dubious information spread about it than Paris Hilton's vagina.

=D

Sooo true. That actually doesn't seem like a bad idea for a thread.

Apparently Vitamin C is the answer to all of life's problems.

If you belive that vit C helps you with bad trips, it helps. It helped very many people.
Btw. Wilson Robert Anton says that vit PP helps everyone. I have no reason not to belive in this :)

Obyron said:

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!??!?!?
VITAMIN C AND ORANGE JUICE BLOW YOU UP!!!
lol

DXM can be a wonderful drug if used like once a month. When I used it this one time 3 times in two weeks I didn't like it. It was like something was missing from the trip.

The one thing I dislike about DXM is when you take a high dose and you just want to lie down and fall into the trip, alot of the times you fall asleep and miss part of the trip. Shit pisses me off. This happened to me last night...

^^^ (Usual DXM Disclaimer: I'm a Third Plateau Only tripper with dxm; none of the rest interests me) I get that a lot, and in reality it strikes me as less "falling asleep" and more just general unconsciousness. These have actually been some of the most rewarding times in the trips for me, because when my consciousness is disembodied, I exist solely in the realm of my mind and without the limitations of my body or conventional senses. This is usually when the visions are the most intense.

The scariest was doing this once and, when I regained consciousness, I had no memory of who or where I was. It was like my ego slowly returned to me, and I had to fight with the notion of who I was. I kept getting all these visions of violence and whatnot, as if some other entity was trying to impress its personality on me instead of my own. Very creepy shit. I firmly denied that that was who I was, and it went away to be replaced by my own memories, etc. It was like an enlightenment when it all finally came back and I could say, "This is who I am," and was actually happy to find that out.

Gotta love DXM. Probably going to give it another few months off before I try it again, but it never disappoints.

Obyron said:
^^^ (Usual DXM Disclaimer: I'm a Third Plateau Only tripper with dxm; none of the rest interests me) I get that a lot, and in reality it strikes me as less "falling asleep" and more just general unconsciousness. These have actually been some of the most rewarding times in the trips for me, because when my consciousness is disembodied, I exist solely in the realm of my mind and without the limitations of my body or conventional senses. This is usually when the visions are the most intense.

The scariest was doing this once and, when I regained consciousness, I had no memory of who or where I was. It was like my ego slowly returned to me, and I had to fight with the notion of who I was. I kept getting all these visions of violence and whatnot, as if some other entity was trying to impress its personality on me instead of my own. Very creepy shit. I firmly denied that that was who I was, and it went away to be replaced by my own memories, etc. It was like an enlightenment when it all finally came back and I could say, "This is who I am," and was actually happy to find that out.

Gotta love DXM. Probably going to give it another few months off before I try it again, but it never disappoints.

I know what your talking about, and I've experienced it multiple times, but I'm talking about how I fall into that state then end up falling asleep. Over half the time though I can stay up and stay engulfed in what you described.

I love DXM, and I've had a lot of beautiful enlightening experinces, but they only seem to come half the time. Even with huge gaps in between usage some times I won't get that type of experience. Sometimes even within a high use period I'll get a very enlightening experience.

Its interesting stuff. I've never had a negative experience either. Never had a second where I felt a bad energy.

Obyron said:
These have actually been some of the most rewarding times in the trips for me, because when my consciousness is disembodied, I exist solely in the realm of my mind and without the limitations of my body or conventional senses. This is usually when the visions are the most intense.

For me, that's the best effect DXM can provide. Consciousness separate from the body and untied to sense. I'm also strictly a 3rd plateau tripper, as I find that experience provides me with the most intense and desirable sensations.

I'm def a 3rd plateau tripper also. Though I did move up the ranks dose wise to can a feel and respect for the drug. I start out with 356, hopped around a little bit, then started doing 600mg for a while, then moved back up 712 mgs, were I continue to hold. I'm think though that I need a higher dose. 712 mgs just doesn't get me out as far as I'd like.

I get the complete separation for myself. Like I always view the world as another entity, and I can recognize this person who "I am", but only because I see him, not because I am him. However, even being far out from my body I recognize where I am, and rules and laws regarding the world around even when I stretch them. I'd like to completely detach from this world.

Do you guys know how you figure out if you have enzyme deficiency? Like what effects come?

And would it be fine to take 100mg to check for deficiency, and if not feeling anything after an hour or so, take the other 200mg?

Yeah, just start slowly and low with your doses, 100mg sounds good. Then if you ever see yourself getting really sick, stop.

A common indicator, I'd think, is that we all know those people who when you talk about cough syrup will mention how it always makes them feel loopy. Sarah Mclachlan famously noted that she wrote the song "Elsewhere" while twacked out of her mind on cough syrup. I wouldn't recommend that she start with a "regular" dose of DXM, should the eminent vocalist, musician, and songwriter ever choose to come by my place and ask me about swilling 'tussin to get high. ;)

Are you one of Those People? If you are, you could have the enzyme deficiency... or maybe you were just that sick? Obviously, you don't want to assume you're not enzyme deficient just because cough medicine has never hit you hard when taken legitimately. Always start with a low test dose.

If my theory in the first paragraph is wrong and someone more knowledgeable takes umbrage, feel free to refute me to hell and back. I'd always wondered about that though, and when I got into DXM and started reading about CYP2D6 deficiency, it clicked as a plausible theory.

I dex daily...I know I shouldn't....it started a couple years ago when I had a bad cold and got prescribed some shitty syrup that was basically CCC syrup, I was ignorant to drugs and dxm then, and I drank a couple swigs from the bottle and felt pretty damn good that night.

I started researching dxm then. I was interested in discovering more about this drug, but I got busy with life and forgot about it for a year or so.

One year later, I got into other drugs and found renewed interest in dxm. I started stealing it (bad, bad idea, I don't steal it anymore) and dosed my first Delsym while I was working the night shift at Arby's, not knowing if syrup would make me nauseous or not. Luckily it didn't, just made me extremely outgoing and carefree. I felt great. I wanted more.

From there I discovered sucrets, zimax, robo max strength, and all the rest. I dexed whenever I could get my hands on it. The experience was far more intense back then. I was blown away everytime I took it, got my ego killed quite a few times but I loved it.

All my life I've had severe depression and anxiety, and the afterglow from dxm made it all go away. I don't get an afterglow now. One night, I dosed a zimax and for some reason it FUCKED ME UP HORRIBLY. I was dizzy and motion sick, had no memory, felt way off for a few days. I swore off dxm after that.

Fast forward five months or so. I had a cold that was lasting for what seemed like forever. I went and bought some robitussin, and thought hey, maybe that incident with zimax was a fluke and I shouldn't forget about dxm altogether. That was 3 months ago. Ever since then, I've been taking dxm nearly everyday, up to twice a day. I'm psychologically addicted. When I don't have dxm I get depressed and feel hopeless. I feel numb, I get no pleasure from life. When I'm on dxm I see things in a different light and I love it. My trips have grown significantly less intense. I have a growing tolerance to dxm, and I'm growing used to being in a disassociated state of mind. I love it. I love the feel of dxm in my body...its bliss.

Nobody knows about my 'cough syrup' addiction. I see it as far more than just cough syrup. Dextormethorphan is a powerful, mind blowing drug. There's a certain level of shame with my addiction. Most people laugh when you mention getting high on cough syrup. They don't take dxm seriously, I guess. Its not a 'real drug' to alot of people. I don't have any friends, but I never have. I see the world in a different way that nobody else I encounter IRL does. I don't know what I'd do if someone found out.

So to those who think 'its just an otc drug', don't underestimate dxm. Use it with caution. Only 1/3 of those who try dxm enjoy the experience, and I guess I'm one of the few who also gets addicted to disassociatives. If I could get ketamine...god knows what I'd get myself into.

Last edited:
Two days ago I took 368mg DXM Hbr with 150mg bupropion. I expected to have a managable trip and go to school.

I ended up becoming completely delerious. I had a fever, extreme muscle tension, and there were parts of the trip that I completely forget. I recall holding a conversation with people in my bedroom while actually being alone in my house. I was in bed for about 20 hours, taking breaks to pee and get water. Walking was almost impossible. Drinking water sucked too, but that was the only thing I could think to do. I desperately wanted to throw up but could not get to the toilet, much less be able to force vomit from my stomach.

My heart rate was out of control. I had double vision (crossed eyes) for the rest of the day. I "tripped" for about 14 hours, maybe longer.

I guess I'm missing that enzyme, or I am allergic to DXM. Either way, I'd sooner cut out one of my own nuts than touch DXM again.

Status
Not open for further replies.