Welcome to the Big & Dandy DXM Thread
Go to: [ Beginning of previous thread - End of previous thread ]
External Information Links:
- Erowid DXM Vault (experience reports)
- William White's superlative DXM FAQ
- The Dangers of Coricidin
- First Time
- Coricidin's Long-Term Negative Effects
- Safe Sources of DXM
- DXM Extraction
- DXM Dosage - How much to take?
- Long-term DXM Effects
- Preparations & FormulŠ
- Interactions with Medication or Supplements
Okay, i was thinking about extracting dxm from the sucrets, and in the DXM-Faq i read the following:
okay, discard the solid and drink the liquid....Since the inert ingredients present in these lozenges may cause nausea, some people have managed to get rid of most of them by placing the lozenges in a container of water and microwaving until fully dissolved, then filtering through a coffee filter, discarding the precipitate (solid), and drinking the liquid. Longer boiling seems to drive off the flavoring and menthol without affecting the DXM.
But on thidplateau.org they write the following:
Discard the liquid and drink the solidThere should be a powdery looking substance on the bottom of the cup or bowl. This is the DXM, because DXM Hbr is not water soluble. From here, you can do 1 of 2 things.
1. Siphon the excess water out of the cup/bowl leaving the powder behind. Then take the (probably wet) powder from the cup and put it into a liquid (orange juice, etc..) and Drink UP!
okay ... so what is true? I know that DXM hbr is not water soluble, but i trusted the FAQ all the time. give me some advice clever folks...