• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Withdraws from stopping non daily OC use? Methadone helps?

Khadijah

Bluelight Crew
Real quick

I'm regular OC "chipper" i guess you could say....My tolerance to get really "good" is like 60mg...But i prefer a whole 80. So, my tolerance aint too high, i consider myself just the average user ive seen ppl useing far more than that per day on here. and i dont use everyday. in the past week or 2 i been usin slightly more than average i think from Fri to Weds i did shit on fri, sat, mon, and weds, at least 40mg each time.... i didnt think i was usin enough to cause any ill affects when stopin. but when a month ago i would usually not get any oc's until like a week after the last use, there was more of em in the past 2 wks so i wasnt goin more than 3 days between doin it and then like 40-60 mg each time.

So in the past few days , when the last time i dosed was on Weds night, i started feelin those oh so familiar feelings...im like WTF? Damn, i dont even use everyday but sure as shit Im gettin the discomfort in every position, totally unable to sleep at night tossin and turnin, not much appetite, feelin weird in the stomach, etc. dont get me wrong this shit is MILD (except for the not sleepin and aches which sucks) I aint complaining just describing. trust i know how shitty real w/ds are and this is cake but still unpleasant cuz i got work tomorrow n shit.

Anyways last nite i ate 2 10mg methadones around 11pm . from what i hear OC w/ds take 3-4 days to get into the full swing of em.

So Im jus curious if anyone could tell me if the methadone should be useful to kill off any affects that might be lingering from this mini-WD. since today is the 4th day , Im thinkin the M will be in my system long enough to just mask over the small effects that are leftover, and by the time its mon-tues ill be totally straight .

Well if anyone got 2 cent to throw in Ill take it.....And for my own future reference, maybe cuttin back would be wise? I didnt think nothing of it but now im realizing my body might be a lil more "used" to it than i thought :eek:

lacey k said:
So Im jus curious if anyone could tell me if the methadone should be useful to kill off any affects that might be lingering from this mini-WD. since today is the 4th day , Im thinkin the M will be in my system long enough to just mask over the small effects that are leftover, and by the time its mon-tues ill be totally straight .

Methadone will kill most, if not all, of the affects of the w/d. When you took the 20mg, did it help you out a lot? Even if you're over the physical part of the w/d, the mental part is still going to be there and sometimes the latter is a lot worse than for former.

lacey k said:
Real quick
So in the past few days , when the last time i dosed was on Weds night, i started feelin those oh so familiar feelings...im like WTF?
Anyways last nite i ate 2 10mg methadones around 11pm . from what i hear OC w/ds take 3-4 days to get into the full swing of em.
:eek:
Methadone will stop your w/d's from the oxy. btw- 20 mgs. should be plenty if you are just an occassional user; you dont need to increase like some will say.

But for you to feel no more lingering w/d symptoms on Monday or Tuesday yea, the methadone will do that. But, all you are doing is replacing one ope with another. Methadone is a synthetic opiate, (or opiade, w/e, if we want to fight about it!) So when you stop....guess what?

I'm not suggesting a taper because I know its very hard~ I couldnt do it.

It sounds crude but you should have taken the w/d crap and it would have been over by Monday. Sounds easier than it is but its the fastest.

Sucks huh?

yes it will stop your wd's it's a far better opiate in my opinion and my 2nd fav. drug but be carefull not to get hooked on methadone though cause methadone wd is a hell of a lot worse than oc wd

methadone wd isnt bad if you do it with a doctor like your supposed to... its when people cant get there dose to taper long enough that fucks them...just like when your hooked on oxy and you can get shit and your forced to w/d but you dont really want to.... but to the OP methadone holds off withdrawl for in me atleast 48 hours... havent gone any longer than that but i have found i can go 48 hours with no wd symptoms

getreal said:
Methadone will stop your w/d's from the oxy. btw- 20 mgs. should be plenty if you are just an occassional user; you dont need to increase like some will say.

But for you to feel no more lingering w/d symptoms on Monday or Tuesday yea, the methadone will do that. But, all you are doing is replacing one ope with another. Methadone is a synthetic opiate, (or opiade, w/e, if we want to fight about it!) So when you stop....guess what?

I'm not suggesting a taper because I know its very hard~ I couldnt do it.

It sounds crude but you should have taken the w/d crap and it would have been over by Monday. Sounds easier than it is but its the fastest.

Sucks huh?

Nah, i dont take that in offense at alll, I wasnt doin the m/dones cuz of the w/ds really more cuz i just felt like gettin fucked up, hahaha.

I do methadone just as much as i do oc, well maybe less...I enjoy it, ill do like 30mg to feel pretty good and i know thats low I try n keep it that way cuz the tolerance w m/done seems to go up very quick.

Jus to keep it straight, aint none of this really been a issue of willpower or getttin hooked, its just that i had more shit available to me and had more fun with it than i expected na mean? I keep my shit in check....Aint none of this shit new to me i been gettin fuced up with opiates since i was 14 and dope since 16 and im 20 now...So i been around the block w/that shit knowimsayin? I know the score....

I was just thinkin "hey i took that shit to have a good time and chill last nite, and i bet its gonna help me out with that insomnia from the wds too" The situation was more like that than "Oh shit, im a pussy and cant handle very slight mild withdraw symptoms so i need methadones OMGZ" ;)

Just hopin to kill 2 birds with one stone i guess.

as far as gettin symptoms from no oc use, that seemed weird to me. Im DEFINATELY more than a occasional user, i cant think of more than 2-3 times in the past year where i didnt do OCs for more than a week. Usually once or a couple times a week for me....so im a regular user but not a addicted user i would say....

Yall gotta understand this aint the usual "Can i taper off my dose" bla bla bla question...Usually if i want to stop i just stop and dont cop no shit for a week, i dont fuck around with no other shit really. if i aint got, i aint gonna go out lookin for Vikes or some shit, u dig? I aint gonna be usin m/dones and replace OC or nothing...last nite was jus a one time thing to deal w/that so now that im cool ima just chill and stay op-free til next time some ish comes around..

^ If you're a long-time methadone user, doctor-assisted w/d will still most likely put you in the hospital or make you very, very ill. It doesn't matter how they stretch it, the last 5-10mg is EXTREMELY difficult to kick.

You misinterpret me when i say long term user. it dont mean im a long term daily user, or that i need the shit to get by. Im a long term user of alot of shit, that dont mean im hooked on it.

I aint a longterm user of methadones actually i just picked that shit up in the last year but OC's yea . anyways. I know all about that shit, cuz i know how crazy it is to kick i heard many stores about that shit. good thing i aint gon have to worry bout that...heh.....

I use m/dones recreationally. a few time a month.

lacey k said:
I aint a longterm user of methadones actually i just picked that shit up in the last year but OC's yea . anyways. I know all about that shit, cuz i know how crazy it is to kick i heard many stores about that shit. good thing i aint gon have to worry bout that...heh.....
If you wanna hear any more horror stories I have one of my own-;)
STAY AWAY- =D

lacey k said:
I was just thinkin "hey i took that shit to have a good time and chill last nite, and i bet its gonna help me out with that insomnia from the wds too" The situation was more like that than "Oh shit, im a pussy and cant handle very slight mild withdraw symptoms so i need methadones OMGZ" ;)

lol. man i am a real wimp when it comes to wd's. the mildest restless leg and insomnia will give me so much anxiety and stress that it makes the wd's twice as bad as they would normally be, say, if i was going through them but had no idea why.

Yea im kinda in the same boat as the OP.... been fuckin with the opies for a good 5 months now... started doin dope about every day... nuttin crazy though about 5 bags max. Kicked it for a couple weeks here and there.. wnt through some pretty harsh w/d while i was on vacation but stayed strait for awhile after. But recently i went a binge of about 4 days, only a few bags a day, but then when i stopped i went cold turkey. Didnt think my w/d would be that bad but they are. i mean im not hanging over the toiler every few mins or anything, but i havent slept in a few days and i have some pretty good muscle aches... i was thinkin of maybe coppin a bag and only doin a lil of it tonite so that i can sleep and go to work tomorrow because its a new job, and i know i wont be able to perform because ive just been trying to pass out and pump myself with benzos but nothing can get me to sleep. you think i will have bad w/d's the next few days even if i just cop a bag and split it up?

lacey k said:
You misinterpret me when i say long term user. it dont mean im a long term daily user, or that i need the shit to get by. Im a long term user of alot of shit, that dont mean im hooked on it.

I didn't mean you. I just meant in general. I was reply to "Big T".

malfunkshun said:
lol. man i am a real wimp when it comes to wd's. the mildest restless leg and insomnia will give me so much anxiety and stress that it makes the wd's twice as bad as they would normally be, say, if i was going through them but had no idea why.

i feel ya on that man. Especially when you are trying to come up excuses for people as to why you cant get out of bed n shit, its just the most vicious cycle ever man and i cant wait to get out of it. i wish i had some bupe on hand, man that shit really really does save lives.

lacey k said:
Nah, i dont take that in offense at alll, I wasnt doin the m/dones cuz of the w/ds really more cuz i just felt like gettin fucked up, hahaha.

I do methadone just as much as i do oc, well maybe less...I enjoy it, ill do like 30mg to feel pretty good and i know thats low I try n keep it that way cuz the tolerance w m/done seems to go up very quick.

Jus to keep it straight, aint none of this really been a issue of willpower or getttin hooked, its just that i had more shit available to me and had more fun with it than i expected na mean? I keep my shit in check....Aint none of this shit new to me i been gettin fuced up with opiates since i was 14 and dope since 16 and im 20 now...So i been around the block w/that shit knowimsayin? I know the score....

Just hopin to kill 2 birds with one stone i guess.

as far as gettin symptoms from no oc use, that seemed weird to me. Im DEFINATELY more than a occasional user, i cant think of more than 2-3 times in the past year where i didnt do OCs for more than a week. Usually once or a couple times a week for me....so im a regular user but not a addicted user i would say....

Yall gotta understand this aint the usual "Can i taper off my dose" bla bla bla question...Usually if i want to stop i just stop and dont cop no shit for a week, i dont fuck around with no other shit really. if i aint got, i aint gonna go out lookin for Vikes or some shit, u dig? I aint gonna be usin m/dones and replace OC or nothing...last nite was jus a one time thing to deal w/that so now that im cool ima just chill and stay op-free til next time some ish comes around..

is this even english? Jesus.

A Word to the wise....Haha...Dude, he totally missed the "bash laceys way of talking" phase on BL. Mr cream, you shoulda joined in like 04, thats back when it was cool to say shit like that. Now, nobody cares, people realized that unless you are willingly stupid, you aint gonna have a problem reading what somene who uses different slang than you writes, and that it aint cool to pretend you cant understand someone b/cuz of that. Seriosuly, if you cant understand what i said most ppl would question your intelligence more than mine ;)

Anyways,Im feelin pretty good today well see what tonite brings cuz thats when the crazy legs start. *crosses fingers*

lacey k said:
Im feelin pretty good today well see what tonite brings cuz thats when the crazy legs start. *crosses fingers*
Oh Oh OH- I dont envy you. I sure hope you get lucky tonite-
Got some garlic and a cross?? LOL

I've been on Methadone MAINTAINANCE for 3 years and a half now, stableized the dose at 205mg and now i'm tapering of currently at 65mg.

"I'm regular OC "chipper" i guess you could say....My tolerance to get really "good" is like 60mg...But i prefer a whole 80. So, my tolerance aint too high, i consider myself just the average user...."

Please listen and understand me, there are 2 ways to go about Methadone and I DID NOT KNOW THAT WHEN I WENT IN. Had I known that I would have opted for the second choice. You aren't that badily addicted, okay.....listen the first option at a Methadone clinic is
1. Methadone Maintainance
That mean simply REPLACING an illegal and more expensive drug with a legal and more cheap drug (where I go the price is $6 a drink, doesn't matter the dosage or $5 a drink/a day if you pay for the whole week). You aren't solving nothing by doing this option...rather you get even deeper in the shit.
2. Rapid Methadone Detoxification
This IS THE ONE FOR YOU! Its the one I would have also picked but like I said I wasn't aware of this option. How it works is you get probably a stable dose (depends on your body, and tolerance) and you stay on it mabye (on your stable dose that is) 1-2 months at most and then you start decreasing gradully and slowly....SLOWLY IS THE KEY because people do it too fast and they fuck up! They end up back on the narcotics bc they tried to hurry up, etc.

Shit I feelin fine tonite aint nothin but weed in my system..I def. dont need nothing like meth. maintenance.
shit, Ima chill out on shit for a while til my tolerance goes down. the whole reason i fuck with ocs is cuz i enjoy it and i dont enjoy havin to worry bout anything comin from it other than gettin high if you get me. so i aint gonna stress ima just chill for a minute . i aint about to start goin crazy and tryna get high cuz then thats just gonna make shit harder thatd make me a feen not a user w/control.... i got shit in check ima keep it that way.

so last nite was my 3rd night cold turkey. I copped a bag so that i could sleep last night(which didnt really help). My w/d's were starting to get better since it had been about 72hours since the last time i dosed, but i hadnt slept in almost 4 days so i was desperateeee to sleep. My question is am i going to go back into withdrawl today since i did that bag last night, and are they going to be longer and worse this time?