• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The First Video Game You Mastered

I've beaten many games, but the first one I've mastered was Diablo II. Amazing game.

i forgot that i mastered (i.e. killed the balrog) in moria on the vax at college in 1986. it took me about 4 months maybe - i was consumed for a while.

here's what it looked like:

MoriaScreen.PNG

alasdair

I got pretty damn good at Duck Hunt. I must have managed some 2+ hour sessions on one credit.

I've finished Double Dragon 2 on the NES. Pretty easy once you got that insta-kill knee strike down pat. 3 was almost impossible.

I managed to find all 96 exits on Super Mario World 1.

I've finished Zelda 3 with less than ten lives. I managed it on one with an emulator.

Finished Sonic 1 on the Genesis with one credit and all chaos emeralds.

I got all the power ups in Megaman X. I even wrote a guide and it got published in a local Nintendo magazine.

LuGoJ said:
truly mastered? I had played games for a while before this but this was the first game I could beat without using 1 continue

250px-Streetsofrage69.jpg

I've gotten as far as the last boss on that game he kept fucking me up with his tommy gun. Streets of Rage 2 was pretty easy though. I finished it with Axel and Blaze.

the first game i truly mastered was mega man 2. i still love it, and basically every mega man game that came after it.

mega-man-2e_01.png

I played many games before this, but I never mastered a game like I did Chrono Trigger.

NSFW:
946823_103302_front.jpg

Reader Rabbit 3, I got it for my first computer when I was about 3 or 4.

unreal tournament. 99 or whatever it was, the first one. that game had me fucking glued

Yeah, I had it on the Amiga 500 although I never bothered with it's sequel: Fade To Black.

Flashback came after the true daddy: Another World - which (I think) was often incorrectly regarded as Flashback's predecessor. Flashback had a much better "Bladerunner" and cyberpunk feel to it... but Another World was probably one of the first games that actually made me go weak-kneed at what was possible with computers.

Christ, I can still remember the first scene where you have to shoot some wild alien lion that chases after you.

AnotherWorld04-715482.png

awarrivee1280uj0.jpg

hell yes, i remember another world. weren't there alien worms in it? i'm sure i played flashback too. :D

these were after the original prince of persia, right?
Prince+of+Persia.gif

which i absolutely mastered. i could parry anything.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Beach Demo Master.

Bunch of clans tried to recruit me, but I was young. Basically was always number 1 on my team, pushed objectives and dished out headshots for fun with any weapon.