• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The First Video Game You Mastered

Oh snap I almost forgot Bump 'N Jump!

Bumpandjumpnes.PNG

I found all of the secrets in Wolf3d when I was 5 or 6. Pretty intense game for a kindergartener back the early 90's.

^ Yeah it was, I got scared as hell at the last level when hitler came out with the gatling guns.

Super Mario Bros. 1
Zelda 1
Metroid
Contra (up,up,down,down,left,right,left,right,B,A,start!!!)

all for NES. damn those were the days, 5 years old without a care in the world...

Nickatina said:
^ Yeah it was, I got scared as hell at the last level when hitler came out with the gatling guns.

I recently went back and played that episode, and it's still pretty creepy, and twistedly hilarious. Especially since my young self thought the game was historically accurate when I first played it. I thought that WWII was fought one on one in German castles.

hmm, its hard to say really, ive played so many games in my life.

I started with... gameboy. The origional big brick one(i got the clear version, i felt so special!). Umm, it came with super mario bros, which i clocked many many times. I then got a few more games, mainly mario and wario games, and eventually got pokemon. I finished every game i got atleast 5 times(except pokemon silver, prolly only about 3 times).

Umm, i got a psOne when it came out(not psx, psOne). and played a HEAP of games on it, too many to name(or even remember). Spyro, gta, quake, tekken, jackie chan stuntmaster to name a few.

I then got a ps2, which i fucking loved, man ps2 owns! It was the most ace console tbh. I loved gta3 on that thing, it was like ''omfg, games are so cool now!'' sorta expression when i played it. I played ALOT of dif games on it, but the gta series was really something, i played and bought all of them, vice city was pretty awesome, the motorbikes and boats made it just that much better, and i loved the setting(80's) and the graphics to emphasize it being miami, the sun etc. San andreas was pretty cool, but the whole ghetto thing.... meh.

I got PC, and that really changed my view on what games i liked. UT2004 was my first game, and i LOVED IT. I got so freaken good at it, got in top5 for world rankings at one point(for players of the week). Which, well, isnt easy. I was only 13-14 i think, and i met heaps of people and made my first 'online friends'. Bunch of 20-45yo americans, real cool guys.

I then talked to them and said ''you know of any good games out atm, im thinking of buying something new'', one recommended hl2, and i took his word for it, he knew his shit. So, i went to gamesman the next day, and bought hl2 to find that it came with CSS. Well, after playing hl2 for a few hours and thinking it was pretty cool, i played CSS. I was HOOKED instantly, seriously, that game IS THE SHIT. I use to wag 4 out of 5 days a week to play that 12 hrs a day, i did that for about 6 months and became a well known player throughout the NZ community. I have played it since and am still play it, i have been in many clans but am finally in a good clan, and am playing in prize tournaments aswell as national tournaments. I love to play RTS now and then, but FPS really is what im all about these days.

At the end of the day, i think the first game i truely MASTERED, was ut2004.
there you go, my history on gaming.

truly mastered? I had played games for a while before this but this was the first game I could beat without using 1 continue

250px-Streetsofrage69.jpg

aanallein said:
lies, that game was impossible.
QFT.

I hate that motherfucking game. Even now, I can't get past the first section (I got it for my mobile phone). Those stupid lances that get fired at you still kill me.

ah yes
captain comic was great !

as were all the duke nukem 2d games!

kytnism said:
^on what level?

Sorry for the long delay. I've been moving. It's a bitch.

Expert, obviously! There are other difficulties? %)