• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The First Video Game You Mastered

For me it was either the E.T. game or the game Desert Falcon for Atari.

Super Mario Bros. 1 was also an early game I remember playing.

It was probably Mario or Cobra Triangle on the NES but the first PC game was probably Battle Tech.

The set up of the game was so much better than anything else that came out of the mechwarrior franchise though Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries was a close contender.

But I owned a Commodore 64 and there was some kick arse games on that SpyHunter (I was so stoked when I figured out how to play the bass for that) + Boulder Dash - I killed at that game, I can still remember the sound effects if I think about it hard enough.

Plus through friends I was quite well acquainted with the Atari 2600 (Barn Stormer, Dig Dug, Keystone Capers, Pit Fall), Master System, Mega Drive etc.

My Dad even had those pre-console gaming watch things. Donkey Kong and some diver game, plus he had this cool console (paddle controlled) which basically had Pong and some other cool tank game where you went around a maze and tried to kill each other.

Jurassic Park on Sega Mega Drive was one of the coolest games ever and my friend and I finished it with both Alan Grant and the Raptor.

I think Train Escape From Normandy on the C64 was the first game I ever felt truly proud about conquering.

Last edited:
My latest mastery is Battlefield 2:

battlefield-2.jpg

I never found any of these modern combat games appealing. Mortal Combat of a decade ago was the closest I ever came to enjoying one on one bloodshed. Global annihilation games, on the other hand, I could play 24/7, LOL.

Quake 1.

half life

then counter strike.

now battlefield 2

hopefullly flying the f 22 some day

i dominated pretty much every command and conquer/red alert game as well

Rated E said:
Alex the Kid on Sega Master System.

ahahah the built in game for that console. nice. you still remember the rocks, scissors, paper combinations? i sure as hell don't.

Defender

90895565_3f28c96a02.jpg

electronic, genderless voice: "Press fire to begin"

After the Space Invaders phase, Defender was an introduction into the next generation of high paced, tantalising action.

team fortress classic, rated 69 worldwide on theclq.com, nothin like a game of murderball2c

Definitely Tetris Attack

ss_ta-snes.gif

I beat that game at the highest difficulty level at ease. I have yet to find a worthy contender at this game.

The first game I ever mastered was probably The legend of Zelda a link to the past for Super Nintendo.

It was an awesome game

Something on the C64 I guess. I spent a lot more time disassembling & rewriting games than playing them. I loved speeding up the sort code in the sprite multiplexers so that games didn't drop into 2 frames (Ghosts & Goblins springs to mind).
I'm seeing definite generational gaps on this thread people. The 30+ crowd played the simple but addictive stuff and actually remember them more in context. The 'dangers' of games like Doom were just the gleam in a red-top tabloid hacks eye back then....

Either Star Wars: Rebel Assault

star_wars__rebel_assault_ii.jpg

Or super mario on super nintendo