• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone Dose

Status
Not open for further replies.

IllusionalFate

Bluelighter
Tomorrow I'm getting 40mg of oxycodone and am unsure of exactly how much to take. I'm only 115lbs and since I have never done opioids before I don't have a tolerance. I don't want to take too little that I'm not enjoying myself as much as I could be, but I don't want to take such a high dose that I'm not able to experience the euphoria as much as at lower doses (A problem I'm hearing first time users frequently have). What would be the ideal amount for me to take my first time?

its always better to start low and see how you react. 40 mg isnt much so splitting your doses is gonna be a factor (for example if you take 15 mg the first time than 25 would be the maxium you could take the second time). you might want to start with 10 mg.

I would prefer not to space out my doses, and I see no reason why I would react negatively, mentally or physically, to this kind of substance without overdosing. Also, I'm taking the pills orally, not insufflating them.

IllusionalFate said:
I would prefer not to space out my doses, and I see no reason why I would react negatively, mentally or physically, to this kind of substance without overdosing. Also, I'm taking the pills orally, not insufflating them.

lol just because you dont see a reason why you would react negatively doesn't mean there isn't one. opiates are notorious for making people sick their first few times, perhpas more so than any other drug. its common for people to try opiates expecting to be amazing, get sick as fuck and hate it and then 2 years later think opiates are the greatest drug in the world. there are a small number of people who react well their first times though.

I phrased that wrong. I see no reason why I would react EXCESSIVELY negatively to oxycodone. I know a lot of people experience intense itchiness and sickness from opiates/opioids, but taking several small doses probably won't prevent that. I'm going to take a fairly low dose anyways, so it shouldn't really matter too much.

you do not, i repeat DO NOT wanna do 40 mg all at one time. take 10-15 mg for your first time.

IllusionalFate said:
I phrased that wrong. I see no reason why I would react EXCESSIVELY negatively to oxycodone. I know a lot of people experience intense itchiness and sickness from opiates/opioids, but taking several small doses probably won't prevent that. I'm going to take a fairly low dose anyways, so it shouldn't really matter too much.

well i think you misunderstood my post then. i didnt mean space out your doses as in take 10 mg at 6 PM clock and then 10 mg at 8 PM clock. what i meant was, start with 10 mg and see how high it gets you. then after that you will have 30 mg left to play with. you dont want to take 40 mg all at once, especially if you only weigh 115 pounds. not only could it make you extremely sick but it would be overkill as well.

MrCream said:
you do not, i repeat DO NOT wanna do 40 mg all at one time. take 10-15 mg for your first time.
I wasn't planning to, but thanks. 10-15mg sounds good.
burn out said:
well i think you misunderstood my post then. i didnt mean space out your doses as in take 10 mg at 6 PM clock and then 10 mg at 8 PM clock. what i meant was, start with 10 mg and see how high it gets you. then after that you will have 30 mg left to play with.
Yeah, that's good idea. However, I may be splitting my dose with my brother (if he ends up deciding to take any), and then I won't have had the experience I intended. Is 10mg enough to just make me feel the effects or should I be able get a nice opiate buzz from it?

i would recommend doing them on an empty stomach to get full effects. also you might as well parachute them to hasten the absorption, just crush it up and make a little bundle out of tissue paper and swallow that.

10mg might not be enough and since you dont have a lot of Oxy you should shoot for higher to ensure you get a good buzz. 15-20mg should be sufficient.

snorting them is nice too, its a better rush..you should consider it if its OxyContin brand or some formulation without APAP

IllusionalFate said:
I wasn't planning to, but thanks. 10-15mg sounds good.

Yeah, that's good idea. However, I may be splitting my dose with my brother (if he ends up deciding to take any), and then I won't have had the experience I intended. Is 10mg enough to just make me feel the effects or should I be able get a nice opiate buzz from it?

who knows? one of my male friends who normally has a strong tolerance to drugs told me he got a nice opiate buzz from 2 vicodin his first time (10 mg hydrocodone) and oxycodone is supposedly 1.5x more potent. so its quite possible you could high from 10 mg, it all depends on how you personally react to opiates. chances are you will just feel a little dizzy, itchy and nauseas. i firmly believe the opiate high is a learned high (except for a small % of people who get full euphoria their first time, like my friend).

I only read a few posts on here.

but to those saying do 10 and 15, and people that have done that dose for their irst time, end up just getting nauseous and not getting any eurphoria or the good stuff.

I recommend 20mg. if you've got a 40, take the coating off (suck it off, wipe it with paper towel) then razorblade it in half crush half of it and make sure its as powdery as you can get it, then cut it into two lines, and put one into each nostril. have something to drink, because you might gag and throw up on the fisr line or two you snort (I usually do if I've gone a few days without) I personally cut a whole 40 into 2 lines, so if you can do half of it in one line, go for it, but your nose will absorb it better if you do 10mg in each nostril.

you will not die from 20mg, and you will not just get the nauseau that people talk about with those low doses, this is a dose that'll put you past that and into a good mood.

I'm twice the size of yourself and 10mgs gets me pretty well off when I have no tolerance. I'd say 20mg max but it may/most probably will make you sick. Vomiting on oxycodone isn't too bad though so don't worry.=D

>"i would recommend doing them on an empty stomach to get full effects."<

But--at least, for a first-timer--might be better to have something on (or "in") the stomach...

Even after a year, 5mg was nice (300lbs)--10mg was heavier, but not as nice. You might end up wasting more if you snort--just swallow (oxy has high bio-availability...).

If you don't have pain, don't even get involved with oxycodone--for many, smoking pot is a lot more fun... Oxy w/d is a BITCH.

Many moons ago I took 20mg for my first time, and I loved the world. It was a wonderful, euphoric experience. Now if I ate 20mg, I'd flip out and stab somebody for another 200mg, but 20mg doesn't even constrict my pupils, let alone alleviate the sickness.

chinacat311 said:
i would recommend doing them on an empty stomach to get full effects. also you might as well parachute them to hasten the absorption, just crush it up and make a little bundle out of tissue paper and swallow that.

10mg might not be enough and since you dont have a lot of Oxy you should shoot for higher to ensure you get a good buzz. 15-20mg should be sufficient.

snorting them is nice too, its a better rush..you should consider it if its OxyContin brand or some formulation without APAP
So even though I'm only 115lbs, 15-20mg is more likely to give me a buzz my first time than 10mg? And do oxycodone preparations have binders in them? If so, snorting is definitely not an option.

neverfree neverbound said:
If you don't have pain, don't even get involved with oxycodone--for many, smoking pot is a lot more fun... Oxy w/d is a BITCH.
I enjoy pot once in a while, but I'd prefer to do other drugs. I have limited experience with other drugs but I believe cannabis to just be pale in comparison to most other stuff out there. Also, I have never been addicted to anything, so if I do get addicted to oxy I'll at least be able to feel what it's like.

My Grans Doc has her on 3, 80mg tabs-240mgs 3xdaily for 720mgs daily, she manages well and is pain free, from Arthritis and goes about her day, i often go to visit, and see her big ass bottle of 240 80mg Oxys----droooool, there which i struggle not to take with me, i mean she's happy pain free, which is great for her, and i struggle every day.

Snorting Oxycodone is... well, only a smart thing to do if you know what you're going to get (and lose) out of it.

To be brief, oxycodone's oral bioavailability is 87%, which is incredibly high for an opioid and for oral bioavailability. That means, when you eat oxycodone, 87% of the dose becomes available to your bloodstream to get into your brain and attach to your opioid receptors, making you very happy.

Oxycodone's nasal bioavailability is ~60%. So whenever you snort oxycodone, you are basically giving up 27% of your dose in order for it to come on a bit faster and last for less time. For some people, this is an adequate trade-off; for others (those who can't get oxycodone at a whim), it is a stupid idea -- it really is opioid abuse.

Some oxycodone preparations are absolutely full of binders and NSAIDs and other shit that A) is non-recreational and B) isn't absorbed by your nasal membranes, effectively coating your sinuses with inactive powder and PREVENTING nasal absorbtion of oxycodone (in these cases it just drips into your stomach and is orally absorbed anyway, so it's just like eating it except it irritated your nose). Check your pills to see if they say "w/ APAP" or "w/ ibuprofen" or "w/ Aspirin;" basically if they contain any active ingredients other than oxycodone, there are going to be a lot of binders present. OxyContin brand name pills in the 40 and 80mg concentrations have a relatively low amount of binders, but think about whether you want to waste 27% of any drug that gets absorbed by your nasal membranes just to exchange for a faster onset.

I mean, shit, if you want a rush, use a syringe and get the job done properly. A pill coming on in 15 minutes vs. a pill coming on in 30-60 minutes is NOT night and day; it's NOT a rush compared to not-a-rush. It's just a faster onset (and i this case, lost potency) compared to a slower onset.

Good luck, be safe. I'd say, if it's an OxyContin or time-released in some way, with NO tolerance, break it in half and swallow a half whole one day when you want 12 hours of bliss. IF it's immediate-release, do 10-15mg as needed to enjoy it.

You probably won't kill yourself with 40mg at once but in my experience back when I had no tolerance, I definitely felt the best when I didn't do "too much," in which case I just got sleepy and felt like I wasted it.

IllusionalFate said:
So even though I'm only 115lbs, 15-20mg is more likely to give me a buzz my first time than 10mg? And do oxycodone preparations have binders in them? If so, snorting is definitely not an option.

I enjoy pot once in a while, but I'd prefer to do other drugs. I have limited experience with other drugs but I believe cannabis to just be pale in comparison to most other stuff out there. Also, I have never been addicted to anything, so if I do get addicted to oxy I'll at least be able to feel what it's like.

youd be surprised. for me pot only started to pale in comparison to other drugs when i abused the shit out of it (and actually every drug ive abused started to pale in comparison to other drugs) when i was a pot newbie it was much more fun and more powerful even than opiates. opiates are actually similar to marijuana but more boring and with a better body buzz. just take your oxy and report back, i doubt you will be very impressed unless you happen to fall into the % of people that gets full euphoria from opiates their first time. then you will be like "wow".

Status
Not open for further replies.