• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone Dose

Status
Not open for further replies.
diacetyldeath said:
Snorting Oxycodone is... well, only a smart thing to do if you know what you're going to get (and lose) out of it.

To be brief, oxycodone's oral bioavailability is 87%, which is incredibly high for an opioid and for oral bioavailability. That means, when you eat oxycodone, 87% of the dose becomes available to your bloodstream to get into your brain and attach to your opioid receptors, making you very happy.

Oxycodone's nasal bioavailability is ~60%. So whenever you snort oxycodone, you are basically giving up 27% of your dose in order for it to come on a bit faster and last for less time. For some people, this is an adequate trade-off; for others (those who can't get oxycodone at a whim), it is a stupid idea -- it really is opioid abuse.

Some oxycodone preparations are absolutely full of binders and NSAIDs and other shit that A) is non-recreational and B) isn't absorbed by your nasal membranes, effectively coating your sinuses with inactive powder and PREVENTING nasal absorbtion of oxycodone (in these cases it just drips into your stomach and is orally absorbed anyway, so it's just like eating it except it irritated your nose). Check your pills to see if they say "w/ APAP" or "w/ ibuprofen" or "w/ Aspirin;" basically if they contain any active ingredients other than oxycodone, there are going to be a lot of binders present. OxyContin brand name pills in the 40 and 80mg concentrations have a relatively low amount of binders, but think about whether you want to waste 27% of any drug that gets absorbed by your nasal membranes just to exchange for a faster onset.

I mean, shit, if you want a rush, use a syringe and get the job done properly. A pill coming on in 15 minutes vs. a pill coming on in 30-60 minutes is NOT night and day; it's NOT a rush compared to not-a-rush. It's just a faster onset (and i this case, lost potency) compared to a slower onset.

Good luck, be safe. I'd say, if it's an OxyContin or time-released in some way, with NO tolerance, break it in half and swallow a half whole one day when you want 12 hours of bliss. IF it's immediate-release, do 10-15mg as needed to enjoy it.

You probably won't kill yourself with 40mg at once but in my experience back when I had no tolerance, I definitely felt the best when I didn't do "too much," in which case I just got sleepy and felt like I wasted it.
Thanks! This is really informative. I'm not sure whether or not I'm getting OxyContin or another brand, but I'm definitely going to ID the pills whenever I get them (It turns out I won't be getting them for another couple days). Should I just take half the pill without crushing it up (if they are time-release), or should I parachute it? Also, couldn't just crushing up the pill then putting it in water and drink it work? It hasn't been mentioned but I can't see a reason why it wouldn't.

you should crush it up to ensure the time release is defeated. it doesnt matter if you parachute it or put it in water, but the water will taste like shit so thats why many people choose to parachute.

crush up half..put it in tissue..swallow. easy.

ahahah it won't taste bad. only xanax tastes like actual hell.

actually to be safe i'd start with just 5mg. if you metabolize it incorrectly even 5mg will leave you puking.

then you'll still have 35mg to play with if it doesn't mess you up.

also the itchiness goes away within the first week of dosing, so chalk it up to virginity and savor it.

IllusionalFate: I am the exact same weight as you, and 10mg gets me very high without loosing the euphoria (when i have no tolerance) and more than 20mg makes me sick if i take it all at once or within about 3 hours. so if you want to do all 40 space it out. being sick sucks, though it's not as bad on opiates, it really kills the high.

I wish I could still get high on 10 to 20 mgs. Aah, that was a nice couple of days. Ha!

Dosage

I would start out with a nibble of that 40mg tablet. WHen i first had one i had a little bite of a 40 and i was wrecked. Felt incredible. Now 2 yrs later i do 200mg in one shot (five 40mg tabs). SO you build up tolerance. SO my advice is be carefull with this stuff, it is amazing but its very strong and could put you in a coma especially if youve never had one before. Have fun be safe. latas.

the first time to took opiates was Oxycontin as well, and 20 was to much. i should have did 10-15mgs. SO id say start with 10mgs and maybe go up to 15mg and at most 20mg. Start at 10 like everyone else said

In terms of potency, if you sniff opana, it's 4x stronger. The most potent method of taking oxycodone, the oral method is the most potent. One drawback I have heard about opana is you tolerance will grow very fast. I have taken 120 of Opana ER and Oxycodone 30mg, 15 at once and the rush and euphoria of oxycodone was so superior. Yes I did take all those roxies at once, I was on fentora 800mcg , 1 every 90min, but I lost my insurance.

if someone is used to taking percocet, and hasn't taken oxycontin..Should they double there dosage (or how does that work, I have a oxycodone tolerence just not with oxycontin) since oxy is ER and perc is IR.?
Thx.
4 example..
if i take 30mg percocet to feel gooood..about 50-60mg of oxycontin?

i'd take 20mg, if you are going to take it you might as well have a decent experience

Always start slow and low. You can always add but once its in your body, you cant take it back. High doses of opiates can obviously be dangerous for someone with no tolerance. Start with maybe 20mg

You're safe doing 40mg at a time. You'll likely get sick, and nod off - but it's all part of the experience.

take one vicodin and see how you feel....cause i know people that have no tolorance and could blow that whole forty and i know some with no tolorance and 5mgs would be too much lol...everyones diff and depends if your in pain if u r you can take more....im right around 15mg with no tolorance...

if someone is used to taking percocet, and hasn't taken oxycontin..Should they double there dosage (or how does that work, I have a oxycodone tolerence just not with oxycontin) since oxy is ER and perc is IR.?
Thx.
4 example..

oxycodone is the same as oxycontin(extended release oxycodone) so the milligram amount should stay the same. but keep in mind, you must make oxycontine instant release by removing the coating and crushing the pill to a fine powder.

i would say take anywhere from 20-30 mgs. your first time... idk 20 might be a little too low..then when you start to comedown take the rest or save it for another time

oxycodone is the same as oxycontin(extended release oxycodone) so the milligram amount should stay the same. but keep in mind, you must make oxycontine instant release by removing the coating and crushing the pill to a fine powder.

Ahh preciate it..so is swallow 20mg good..then wait see how i feel then blow 10-20mg or reverse that.?

Thx.
4 example..

No if you did that you would most likely get sick. if you are snorthing you oc and ur used to 30mg of percs (oxycodone) then you would probably be good with 20mg insuffulated. if you are swallowing it then i would stick to your normal dose of 30 but you could do 40. however don't go all the way up to 60 your first time just start with the 40 and crush it up and put it in a piece of toliet paper and swallow it down. i would def recommend snorting tho if you dont mind blowing stuff.

Thanks everyone for the informative replies. I think I'd start out with 15-20mg... too bad I never ended up getting that oxycodone though, LOL.

illusionalfate? is your name louis? holy fuck. by the way, blow 10 mgs at a time man. for real.
I'm not Luis but I know him. What a small world! You've got a PM waiting in your inbox btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.