• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone Dose

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol just because you dont see a reason why you would react negatively doesn't mean there isn't one. opiates are notorious for making people sick their first few times, perhpas more so than any other drug. its common for people to try opiates expecting to be amazing, get sick as fuck and hate it and then 2 years later think opiates are the greatest drug in the world. there are a small number of people who react well their first times though.

this is what happened to me. I used to hate opiates. Then I got hurt and got a few bottle from the doc. Saying I enjoyed them immensely would be an understatement. then before you know it your buying em on the street and got to spend $70 a day to not get sick. I wouldnt take it I were you. You will probably get sick.

god people are so annoying and make such a hude deal. this is old but this guy is planning like a week ahead just to take a pill then he never even gets it. if u wanna do opiates just get sum damn pain pills and take one. if taking one pill could kill you why would doctors prescribe them? cmon people quit trippen and pop sum pills anh chill theres no need ot get on here and talk about every little thing or maybe ur just that bored. i just took like 11 5 mg oxycodone instant release and im feeling good. i got a prescription for 90 this morning.

11 5mg oxycodones, thats weak sauce. Get a real tolerance and than start talkin some shit. rofl

im surprised that this thread is still open in OD, it was answered the first post after the OP....

lol.....

id say dose 10 mg, then another ten if needed......probably no more.....

i agree with skag.....10mg's is not a deadly dose even if you are opiate intolerant. just make sure you dont mix it with other drugs, especially benzos or other opiates.

but from my personal experience.....the first time I took opiates, it would have taken atleast 4 of those 10mg percs to get me even a decent buzz...natural tolerance im assuming.....so dont follow in my footsteps unless you know you have a naturally high tolerance(which you probably have no way of knowing).

Like I said, Skags advice was decent....just take a pill, chill for an hour or two, and then see how you feel, if you need to take more, judge by how you feel how much more to take...buut it would probably be safest to only take it in 5mg incriments after the initial dose, allthough popping a whole other pill might not be so bad if you really arent feeling anything at all.

but also be aware that your stomache contents and even your general mindset can alter the effects of the drug and change the amount of time it takes to kick in or reach peak effects.

but when on as little as 1mg/2x daily (2mg) buprenorphine, I can take 60mg oxycodone and it'll maybe feel like 5mg used to.

Thats interesting because when I was taking 2mg's/day of bupe, I could take a full agonist anytime I wanted and pretty much feel 100% of the effects.....especially if I waited 4 hrs or so....and if for some reason i had takes 4mg's, I could feel about 80% of full agonists, and after 4-8hr's I could feel about 100%.

Maybe thats just me, but I find that bupes blocking effects are almost non-existant at doses below 4mg's. Thats probably why docs prescribe such rediculously high doses all the time.

My first time i did like 10mg i think, but it's a good choice to start with 5mg, if you're doing it orally.

jamesBrown:

before getting on 2mg-4mg bupe, was your "natural tolerance" for opioids low enough that 10-15mg oxycodone made you feel great, and WHILE ON bupe, the same question.

no....when I VERY first took an opiate, I allready had a natural toelrance(believe it or not i dont care) that would allow me to swallow about 40-50mg's of oxy before I got a decent buzz. That was my very first "starting dose" of opiates. So...right before I went on bupe, my tolreance(to heroin) was GIGANTIC...like...I would be using(IV) several times what the average long term IV heroin user would use(I cant name prices or amounts without gettin in trouble).....and whenever I managed to get my hands on oxy, I would IV atleast 2 80 OC's to get a small high.....if that....I cant really stress enough how large my tolerance was....and its all because of my natural tolerance....im not proud of it or anything, I hate the fact that I had to spend 3 times as much cash tog et the same high as all my friends, but its the truth.
But, when I got on bupe, I maintained at a very low dose, which lowered my tolerance alot, because I wasnt using full agonists every day, and I also wasnt using the massive doses of bupe prescribed by doctors(I was prescribed ALOT more than I actually took). So, on the RARE occasion I wanted to get high off a full agonist again during my bupe treatment, it would only take me about 1 80 OC to get an average good high. Which, in comparison to my "virgin starting doses", was relatively small....80mg's of OC is just less than twice what I would have taken in the very beginning of my opiate adventures to get the same high. So my toelrance had gone down, but I was stil able to get high off of an amount of oxy that I hadnt been even able to get a buzz off of for years.

I hope that made things clearer for you.

i can say that 10 or 15mg never made me feel amazing.... maybe good......but even when i first started using OC i would snort alot..... like an 80....

this is why i went to dope so fast

decrease dosage

I take 30mg a day for the last 1.5 yrs almost everyday, i also have back issues and im pretty sure im addicted to it.. I was wondering if taking 15 mg a day will ease the pain of withdrawl along with exercise? Also maybe to try to skip a day also to ween myself off.. My question is is that a good plan to try to quit? and is that dosage that i take enough to give me serious withdrawl ? Thanks for you respones..

at 30mg a day, your WD symptom's will be present, but probably manageable.... If you want it to be even less of a hassle, ween yourself off with smaller doses, like you said, decreasing until you're at 5-10 mg a day, then quitting shouldn't be toooo hard.....do yourself a favor though, and go through with your plans to leave opiates behind while you're still not TOO bad off, but obviously see it becoming a problem, you'll thank yourself later

Yeah i really just take them so my back is not an issue everyday and it gives me a boost like i did meth or something.. I don't like to be like high on them just like i said it give me a boost. I also never take more the 7.5 at anytime.. and 4 times a day.. I see all this stuff on the withdrawls and its scary.. I quit coke with no withdrawls no problem and this is the only addiction that i have and want to get off of them.. I heard i will shake alittle maybe get the chills and not sleep righ and muscle soreness .. Will i get sick and how long will that last for once stopped? Also is skipping a day a way to help? Thanks again!

i can say that 10 or 15mg never made me feel amazing.... maybe good......but even when i first started using OC i would snort alot..... like an 80....

this is why i went to dope so fast

I was the same way - the first few times I tried getting high on oxycodone I never felt anything, eventually I tried 40mgs all at once and it was the first time i had ever felt it. even then i wasn't nodding. Same reason i went immediately to heroin.

you do not, i repeat DO NOT wanna do 40 mg all at one time. take 10-15 mg for your first time.

I agree. 40mg is too much for an opiate-naive body.

I would use 20mg (maximum). Avoid other depressants, including alcohol.

When I first tried oxy, I was nodding on 5mg & thats no joke. My tolerance is very low.

This is a very old thread and in the interim, we've decided to shift dosing questions over to Basic Drug Discussion, so....

--->BDD

Status
Not open for further replies.