• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychonautica episodes (merged)

Yeah, this should be sweet, I enjoyed the last podacast immensely, particualry the discussion of what psychedelic is considered the best first time trip... i have to disagree with mushrooms and advocate cannabis to be honest. Anyway, I'll have a listen, perhaps we could discuss some of the more pertinent issues raised here in this thread??-

wow
listneing to this one right now and im extremely impressed
will be listening to the other episodes after this one
thanks alot

willow11 said:
Yeah, this should be sweet, I enjoyed the last podacast immensely, particualry the discussion of what psychedelic is considered the best first time trip... i have to disagree with mushrooms and advocate cannabis to be honest. Anyway, I'll have a listen, perhaps we could discuss some of the more pertinent issues raised here in this thread??-

ah yes cannabis that's a very good point, it's just too easy to forget the psychedelic properties of cannabis...

Thanx for the love peeps, im just reeling from this comment i got on the dopefiend website, i have no idea how to respond:

I am a big fan of the show and max freakout, but I would like to say that the last show was utterly ridiculous. I listen to learn about mushrooms and other psychedelics, not for some diluted crap about our lack of freewill. I am tired of people trying to equate psychedelic inexperiences as a religious awakening. I have taken obscene amounts of mushroom and acid, Salvia, mescaline, peyote. I have seen many things, but I have never thought it was god or anyother religious experience. This episode was a huge turn off for me. Not everyone who does this stuff is a religious moron. Fuck all religions. The idea is fucking stupid.I have lost all my faith is this jackass show.

8( 8o 8) :!

ha
ignore it?
the free will discussion was one of my favorite segments of the show

The question we should be asking is how do you have a psychedelic inexperience? Sounds intriguing...

willow11 said:
The question we should be asking is how do you have a psychedelic inexperience? Sounds intriguing...

maybe if we take "obscene amounts" of drugs? :!

I must admit I'm not sure if I agree that average LSD blotter or microdots are 20-30ug these days, do you have any sources for that?

willow11 said:
I must admit I'm not sure if I agree that average LSD blotter or microdots are 20-30ug these days, do you have any sources for that?

Thanx for pointing that out, for some reason that statistic just came straight off my tongue, I have read many times that doses of acid around nowadays are considerably lower than they were during the sixties, but the 20-30 microgram thing i said was clearly wrong, that is what is commonly given as the 'threshold dosage' for LSD, not the average dose around these days. I will do some research into that and correct it on the next podcast

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LSD#Dosage:
Typical doses in the 1960s ranged from 200 to 1000 µg, while street samples of the 1970s contained 30 to 300 µg. By the mid-1980s, the average had reduced to about 100 to 125 µg, lowering still further in the 1990s to the 20–80 µg range

From http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_dose.shtml:
A single tab usually contains between 30 - 100 ug of LSD.

Very interesting podacast and thanks for the links max, will check em out....

psychonautica episode 12

In this episode of Psychonautica, entheo-pundit Max Freakout recaps on the last two episodes, dealing with the issues that arose from them, and brings to a close the trip report competition started in episode 10, everyone's a winner! Max clarifies some points from the ego-death/freewill podcast (episode 11), such as his use of the word 'religion' and the concept of affirming and then then transcending 'no free-will' in the dissociative cognitive state. Max talks about the controversial debate between psychedelics and meditation/yoga as effective spiritual practises, trying to be as even-handed as possible, then discusses the concept of synergy, and corrects an error he previously made concerning average LSD dosages. The psychedelic properties of cannabis are discussed, then finally Max recommends some psychedelic web-links including a video documenting the Hungarian psychonaut scene, to finish off there's a public service announcement about medical marijuana from fellow podcaster Zandor and a song about picking mushrooms in the wild. Skype us, and join the ever-growing Psychedelic community hanging out at the forum at http://forum.thegrowreport.com/

DOWNLOAD THE PODCAST HERE:
http://media.libsyn.com/media/dopecast/Psychonautica012.mp3

Playlist:
Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit
Veba - Don't want to lose you
Circulus - To the fields

Links:
LINK REMOVED-WILLOW
www.realitysandwich.com - Reality sandwich
http://video.google.com/googleplayer...16031869&hl=en
-Pszichonautak (Hungarian psychonaut video with English subtitles)
http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3701092/Psychedelic_Torrent - massive
psychedelic torrent

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet as, I enjoyed the last one, will definitely check this out...:)

Interview with Michael Hoffman of egodeath.com

In this fortnight's edition of psychonautica, Max Freakout interviews Michael Hoffman, author of the egodeath theory and the entheogen theory of religion, and the man behind egodeath.com. They discuss the nature of free-will and the idea of transcending it, the concept of block-universe determinism and its role for facilitating an understanding of the egodeath theory, and the role of the shaman as the tribal healer. Also, the controversies concerning Hoffman's outspoken views on drug-free meditation and drug-war activism are covered. Finer details of the theory are also discussed, including the idea of myth-as-metaphor, and Hoffman's critisim of Mckenna's stoned ape theory of evolution. Finally, Max gives a run-down of the competition winners with their prizes in the post.

Download the podcast here:
http://media.libsyn.com/media/dopecast/Psychonautica013.mp3

Playlist:
Rush - Free will
The Beatles - Help!

Psychonautica episode #14

In this episode of psychonautica, Max Freakout talks about the Dutch smartshop scene, the recent ban on yohimbe and forthcoming changes in the Dutch policies on magic mushroom sales, then in response to a recent dopecast, Max discusses the benefits and dangers of MDMA and ecstasy, their potential role as 'love drugs' and their psychedelic properties, and the attitudes of mass-media towards illegal drugs versus the legal ones. Hear an announcement of the forthcoming World psychedelic forum in Switzerland and a discussion about some of the speakers who are going to be there including a brief explanation of Stanislav Grof's contributions towards psycedlic psychotherapy, then a review of Andrew Letcher's recent book about magic mushrooms including a discussion about the differences between amanita and psilocybe mushrooms and the importance of that distinction for theories about the origin of religion. Finally Max reads out a 2cb trip report from shaggz1297 involving paranoid delusions and passionate romance.

Playlist:
Massive Attack - 'Teardrop' (Mad Professor Mazaruni vocal mix)
Gnarls Berkeley - 'Crazy'

Download the podcast here:
http://media.libsyn.com/media/dopecast/Psychonautica014.mp3

Only started to listen, but seems like it will make for a good listen. Keep posting these, they are much appreciated.

Edit: I'm listening to the MDMA bit right now. Quite interesting, but I think it's untrue what you say about ecstasy and MDMA being two different drugs. It's quite possible to find pills whose only active ingredient is MDMA Though now that I think about it, my experiences with pure mdma crystal have been a lot less forcefully positive than my experiences with pills.

Great point on how government info led to death of Leah Betts. To many times I've met people at raves who think water is the 'antidote' to the negative effects of ecstasy.

Also, where can I find that mad professor remix of 'Teardrop', which is brilliant btw. Is it on an album. I have the mad Professor remix of the massive attack album 'protection,' which I love. Great for ketamine...

Last edited:
Thanx, there is definitely more to be said about MDMA loads of people have been correcting me about that with their experience

Hewhomustnotbenamed said:
Also, where can I find that mad professor remix of 'Teardrop', which is brilliant btw. Is it on an album. I have the mad Professor remix of the massive attack album 'protection,' which I love. Great for ketamine...

I downloaded it from Limewire, it's from an album called 'Mambo cafe - Ibiza 99', it is great isnt it i think Mad Professor is incredible %)