• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

snorting xanax

For those of you who are angry that I requested more information, in hopes of finding a wider range of opinions, I really dont remember asking you specifically to answer. The subject was clearly marked, if you it pisses you off to answer my thread, why not just stay the hell away. I dont need your opinion on how I chose to request differing opinions. Just dont enter my thread, I dont want or need your opinion. For the people who took the time to offer more information, I appreciate it Try to find something more constructive to do with your time than reading threads your not interested in, who knows, someday your opinion may be worth something to someone.

Lipid solubility conducts in the insufflation of benzos. It works, search in this forum.

Ubu said:
Now Ive heard 3 schools of thought on the subject

i doubt that they qualify as 'schools of thought'.. that's quite a hefty title isnt' it?

some people snort.. others inject and get the binders caught in their lungs until they drop dead. the normal people eat it.. if youre THAT eager, crush up the pills and take with a small glass of water on an empty stomach. the gradations of 'feelin good' with this stuff are too miniscule. you basically feel pretty much the same, no matter how you take it.

for the millionth time, snorting xanax is retarded. if u get high at all its prolly from the post nasal drip. I SWEAR this is the most common question on this board. And one of the fucking dumbest IMHO

And btw, i always answer these, when i search for my posts its like a long scrolling list of "Can I Snort Xanax?"

BUT

..... Dont snort pills. They contain binders & other nasty shit you dont want up your schnozz. Its also pointless. Im pretty sure all pharms are more active if swallowed than snorted. Mods????

this is certainly not true. well, yeah ur snorting fillers, which can be counted as adulterants but thats no different than street coke, meth, H, any illicit powder. the main thing isnt the snorting of filler (although this is certainly the case with xanax, this huge bar with 2mg of alprazolam, which in reality looks like a single grain of sand.. so imagine all the inactive shit ur snorting). But with some pills, the active chem have a higher nasal bioavailability (hydromorphone for example)

Last edited:
Ubu said:
The subject was clearly marked, if you it pisses you off to answer my thread, why not just stay the hell away.

It pisses us off because the question has been asked 4 thousand times and you already searched and found what your looking for yet you choose, for some reason beyond any of us, to ask it again.

^....And then ask it again on top of that in another extremely similar thread, bringing the "Can I snort benzos" thread count to a lean 4001.

Friends dont let friends snort benzos!

Snorting xanax reduces its bioavailability by up to 66% and no less than 33%. This depends on a number of factors such as mucusal membrane functionality, tolerance to triazolo Benzodiazepines with a heterocycline group unique to alprazolam (Xanax).

My suggestion is if you want the shit to hit ya quick then chew the pill and keep it under your tongue for five minutes, then just swallow what is left. It should take a mere 15 minutes to feel some effects. THE PROBLEM WITH SNORTING XANAX IS THAT IT IS NOT READILY H2O SOLUBLE.
Amphetamines and various Opiate Analgesics are completely water soluble and therefore pass through the membrane and cross the BBB with relative ease.

damnit weebl8blob
you make me want to smack the fuck out of you. for the ten thrillionth time H2O soluability does not determine wether a drug can be snorted. im not even going to explain again, but shit, we really do need that sticky. i say we have a little contest to come up with the best one. the winner gets, nothing. well, peace of mind knowing they wont have to explain this stupid shit to the same person 50 times in a row.

When I was having a panic attack at the hospital, they gave me a bar and told me to hold it under my tongue. IT was fast and did a great job. Thats how Ill always do my xanax from now on....

if u can snort it all right.

ive snorted three bars, and it was better than when i swallowed four of them

the only pill i suggest snorting is desoxyn, there methamphetamine pills. crush em itno powder and blow em is way faster onset for the speed, and hits you harder

sigh, why won't the "only way you can get high from snorting benzos, is what drips into your stomach" rule everyone swears by, end already?

don't snort Xanax. You wouldn't want to put the binding agent from the pill up your nose, and if you happen to have poweder, the dose is too small (1-2 mg) to snort. Just eat it.

the bioavailability is higher sub lingually
just stick it under your tongue, have a drink it takes like shit

sixpartseven said:
It pisses us off because the question has been asked 4 thousand times and you already searched and found what your looking for yet you choose, for some reason beyond any of us, to ask it again.

In his defense he asked for as many opinions as possible on the subject. If using the fucking search engine was a drugs the mods all administer it sublingually... VERY VERY ANAL LOL!

Rapid-onset intranasal delivery of anticonvulsants: pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic evaluation in rabbits.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...ubmed_RVDocSum

In order to assess the feasibility of this approach for the emergency treatment of status epilepticus, three anticovulsants, i.e. diazepam (DZ), clonazepam (CZ), and a monocarbamate-based new compound (MCA) were studied in rabbits for the pharmacokinetics (PK) and pharmacodynamic (PD) response following intravenous (IV) and IN administrations.

The animals were intranasally dosed with DZ (1 mg/kg), CZ (0.2 mg/kg), and MCA (5 mg/kg), dissolved in 200 microl of vehicle consisting of propylene glycol (PG), ethanol (EtOH), and water in the presence or absence of 1% sodium glycocholate (SGC) using single and repeated dosing schedules.

Both DZ and CZ were absorbed very rapidly from 1% SGC/60% PG-30% EtOH-10% Water after IN single application; the T(max)'s were less than 2 min. The absorption rate of MCA was relatively slower with the peak time of 13-32 min. The bioavailability of single IN administration for DZ, CZ, and MCA determined over the first 2 or 4 h was found to be 77, 45, and 79%, respectively.

The peak plasma level of DZ(valium) increased linearly with increasing the volume fraction of EtOH in the ternary cosolvent (20% to 60.

A repeated IN application of DZ, 5 min after the first dose, doubled the C(max) and AUC(0-2 h) values of the first one, whereas those of CZ and MCA resulted in an increase of 73-94% of the first dose. A single IN application of DZ- and CZ-containing formulations produced a PD response within 1.5 min, which was comparable to that of an IV injection. These results suggest that single or repeated IN applications of DZ, CZ, and MCA in a hydroalcohol-glycolic formulation might represent a viable approach to achieving a rapid systemic absorption of these anticonvulsants during the emergency treatment of status epilepticus and other types of seizures.

You have to remeber they used rabbits for this experiment, and the experiment used a solution of ethanol, water, and propyl glycol.
It mentions that increasing the amount of ethanol, when using valium, increased the absortion linearly. So, soluting your benzo in alcohol helps your nose absorb benzos, also, the lack of ethanol or suitable solvent leaves benzos un absorbed. So yea, when used in a solution, benzos can be taken nassally. They can be taken nasally but you may lose some umph

edit:

If I was going to sniff benzos, or was looking for a benzo 'rush' I would look at this part:

A single IN application of DZ- and CZ-containing formulations produced a PD response within 1.5 min, which was comparable to that of an IV injection.

This was their 2nd dose. The first one just got the drug up there and the 2nd one was like an 'IV injection'. So, go sniff 2 bars, then make 10%ethanol/90% water in a rig or eyedropper. Then drop some of that down your nose.